Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What is it?:

This mod will remove dead links from the doserch, postlist, showflat, and showthreaded pages. No "next" or "previous" links in search results pages (unless there is a next or previous page) and no edit, reply, or quote hyperlinks in showflat and showthreaded unless the viewer has the right to edit, reply, or quote.

Why would you care?: Removing the dead links makes for cleaner page layouts.

Files changed?: dosearch.tmpl, postlist.tmpl, showflat.tmpl, showthreaded.tmpl (and if you use my article templates you can apply the changes to them as well).

Example: Da Forum. Just navigate around my site. You won't see an edit, reply, or quote link unless you have an account. In the postlist there are no dead hyperlinks, and on my past 24 hours post list you'll notice there is no "previous" link on the first page (there's no "next" link on the last page either ).

Back up all of the files that this mod requires you to change first!
Attachments
73496-navmod.txt (0 Bytes, 123 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Good work! I'm having a little problem with postlist, though. If you look here you will see that the bottom of the threads table has the wrong border. It should have the same light-blue border that is up at the top that says Subject, Poster, etc. Here is a forum with the correct bottom border. This is only happening when there is no Next page. I checked it under different stylesheets and it's the same way there.

They both look the same to me. Did you uninstall the hack? If you installed it then you should not see the "collapse" while expand is active.

It also looks like you have JC's templates, and I didn't write the instructions for those templates so you'll have to take the php script that I added to the default templates and copy it to the appropriate places in your template. Also keep in mind that since I used the default templates as the base for this mod any changes that JC has made to the CSS classes (and the places where those classes are used in the html) will cause conflicts with this mod (so it would be easier for you if you just used the php script additions in my instructions).

After looking at your site it seems that you haven't installed this mod...

Addict
Addict
I uninstalled the hack and changed my templates to JC last night. Sorry.

You could still use this mod with JC's templates.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Yeah, I know I could. I'm working on tweaking JC's templates to my liking right now. I'm changing a few things around and tweaking them here and there. I'll get to adding this hack to my templates and post the results for any others using JC or, as in my case, JC-based templates.

That would be !

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Like this one dalantech, will be using it on my personal site

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thanks for the props!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This is great! Just installed this on a site.

Da - after we upgrade to 6.3.... poke me. We should add this here.... but I don't want to do any more mods to 6.2.

Sponsored Links
!

I'm the same way: I stopped hacking my main 6.2.3 site about 2 months ago. For the last month I've been hacking the 6.3 beta

This mod works just fine in Threads 6.3

I stopped hacking mine awhile ago as well. I am going to be sweating big time when it comes time to upgrade.

I've been using Beyond Compare to move hacks from my 6.2.3 main site to the 6.3 B1 developmant site I set up. So far it's been pretty painless.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63