Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Addict
Addict
Hey Dave, just had a few questions regarding the future of IIP and its speed. Since christmas, my site has experienced "explosive" growth. At least for our site, it has grown more the past two months than it has the previous 6 or 8 months. Anyway, with this growth, I have seen a direct correlation with slower IIP page generation times.

I have a fairly light IIP config as well, but right now I'm seeing page gen. times ranging from 3.5-6.5 seconds, with only 25 queries. I also have all of the options set to increase load time in the config as well. I'm trying not to sacrifice any more pal boxes, but the speed is beginning to slowly get worse.

Around christmas time, it would average around 1.9-2.3 seconds. But has since about doubled. I have been monitoring server loads and such, but for the most part they have been fairly consistient throughout this time.

So, I'm just curious as to whether or not any caching techniques or other optimizations may be on the horizon for IIP Pro? I mean I understand, when you have over 150,000 posts and you are pulling info from them it isn't a painless process. But just wondering if you have found a new way to deal with these issues.

I found most of my users are now bypassing the front page and simply bookmarking the forums. But when the page is averaging 5 or so seconds to load now, with the kind of growth we're seeing, it will be about double that by late spring.

So, just curious is all. Thanks for all the hard work

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I'll try and answer this with some detail as soon as I can. Just didn't want you thinking I was ignoring it... lol

Also, would it be possible for me to get a copy of your database to test in IIP Pro? This would be extremely useful. IIP Pro's pal boxes display individual generation times and queries used so it helps a great deal to see what specifically is holding things up.

Addict
Addict
Sure, let me know how you want to receive the file, and I can give you a link or instructions. It is around 90MB, but should be considerably smaller when compressed

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If you could send me ftp info I could get it from the telnet prompt from my account that way I don't have to download it over a 56k dialup... which would be painful. LoL

If you can tar and gunzip it up also that would be great too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63