Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
Mod Name: Subscriber Emailer 2.0

Description: Sends emails to subscribers when a post is made instead of a daily archive.

Author: Lunatik
Date: 01/03/2003
Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.2
Files Modified: addpost.php
Databases Modified: None

Version Notes:
- Table Prefix Variable added so its no longer hardcoded to w3t_
Attachments
63488-Subscriber-Emailer-2_0.txt (0 Bytes, 167 downloads)

Last edited by Lunatik; 01/03/2003 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
User
User
I forgot to add this in the instructions.

edit languages/editemail.php

and change

$ubbt_lang['SUB_STAT'] = "Subscription status for the following forums. (Receive a daily archive of all posts to this forum via your Real email address.)";

to

$ubbt_lang['SUB_STAT'] = "Subscription status for the following forums. (Receive an email on all posts to this forum via your Real email address.)";

This mod for instant subscriptions works for 6.3

When this hack sends a copy of the post it just sends the text of the post. What would I need to do to get it to include a file attachment if the post contains an attachment?

Lurker
Lurker
Whoops, I posted on the wrong thread. Please ignore.

Last edited by Geoff; 03/30/2004 4:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
I tried applying this to 6.4.4. When you submit the post it gives the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: headers() in /home/wwwtsbiu/public_html/iBASE/addpost.php on line 1056

It does enter the post, but it doesn't send the email and it just sits on the white screen with the error. Anyone know what needs to be updated for 6.4?

Could someone please glance at this. I'm sure its a simple fix for someone with real skillz.

I'd be ever so gratefull...

Okay, by removing this line:
Code
<br />    $header = $mailer -> headers(); <br />

It allows the script to finish and send out the email. The only problem with it now is that its from is "Nobody" and the email address that its from is []nobody@myserver.[/] Could someone please tell me how to adjust this so that it is coming from my admin email address again?

Addict
Addict
Search in the instructions for:
Code
<br />$to = $Mailto;<br />    $mailer = new mailer;<br />    $header = $mailer -> headers(); <br />    $subject = "New Post To $Title from $postername";<br />    $msg = "$postername has posted a message to $Title: $newline{$config['phpurl']}/showthreaded.php?Cat=$Cat&Board=$Board&Number=$Mnumber$newline${newline}------Message Below------${newline}Subject: $FormSubject${newline}${newline}Message:$newline$EmailBody";<br /><br />    mail("$to","$subject",$msg,$header);<br />

Replace with:
Code
<br /> $to = $Mailto;<br /> $mailer = new mailer;<br /> $subject = "New Post To $Title from $postername";<br /> $msg = "$postername has posted a message to $Title: $newline{$config['phpurl']}/showthreaded.php?Cat=$Cat&Board=$Board&Number=$Mnumber$newline${newline}------Message Below------${newline}Subject: $FormSubject${newline}${newline}Message:$newline$EmailBody";<br /> $mailer -> send_mail("","",$to,$subject,$msg);<br />

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849