Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 25
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
I have set the width of my forum to 800 pixels and now IIP lools like ****. If I set my forum width to 100%, IIP looks fine. I already tried many width settings in IIP, but so far without succes. What should I do ?

Last edited by Pasqualist; 09/13/2003 7:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
In general with threads you should always use a dynamic number (%) so that it fits on all resolutions. I haven't tried using set sizes, but I avoid that due to the vast variety of monitor and resolution sizes people use.

Hmmmm, but for me that's not a solution. Also I tried setting my widths in IIP like 20%|60%|20%, but this also doesn't work :-(
Anyone else ?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
What breaks on the 20|60|20? Got a link?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I got this report from a user on my board:

Here's what I do :
Click on My Home
Click on the Edit button for Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors...
The Sidebar Display option is at the default option of right
I select the drop down box and change the Sidebar Display from the default of right to Off
I then click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page
I get the following error message at the top of my screen

SQL ERROR: Mon, Sep 15 2003 07:24:33 -0700 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/mysql.inc.php:217) in /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/changedisplay.php on line 148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/mysql.inc.php:217) in /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/ubbt.inc.php on line 236

I seem to recall this error in a different area but can't remember the fix?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It's a non-error:

SQL ERROR: Mon, Sep 15 2003 07:24:33 -0700 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Check your MySQL Error logs for the real error.... that'll help track down what's wrong. Regular users won't see actual errors - they are hidden for security.

Here it is, I remember us dealing with the "Cannot modify header information" and you gave me some code to add, just not sure where.

SQL ERROR: Tue, Sep 16 2003 07:38:55 -0700 Unable to do_query: UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Sort = '5', U_Display = 'flat', U_View = 'collapsed', U_PostsPer = '20', U_TextCols = '60', U_TextRows = '5', U_StyleSheet = 'alien', U_Preview = 'on', U_PictureView = 'on', U_PicturePosts = 'on', U_Language = 'english', U_FlatPosts = '20', U_TimeOffset = '0', U_FrontPage = 'ubbthreads', U_ActiveThread = '0', U_StartPage = 'cp', U_ShowSigs = 'yes', U_SideBar = '0' U_SideBar = '0' WHERE U_Username = 'ericgtr'
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'U_SideBar = '0' WHERE U_Username = 'ericgtr'' at lin
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/mysql.inc.php:217) in /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/changedisplay.php on line 148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/mysql.inc.php:217) in /home/vhfansco/public_html/boards/ubbt.inc.php on line 236

Addict
Addict
U_SideBar = '0' [:"red"]U_SideBar = '0'[/] WHERE U_Username = 'ericgtr'

That extra U_SideBar = '0' is causing the MySQL error.

Okay, I can't seem to find where to remove that? I checked in ubbt.inc.php and changedisplay.php

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Should be in changedisplay.php

Sponsored Links
I see now, I had two:
U_SideBar = '$showsidebar_q'
I was searching for U_SideBar = '0' sorry for the confusion, working fine now thanks for the help guys.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
No problem. Glad you got it fixed. I've done that same type of mistake many times.

Daine #230940 09/19/2003 2:53 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
I noticed everytime I go into the config page, all the options are automatically reset to the default...except for the path info. I can make all the changes I want and they seem to take effect just fine, but if I go back into the config page to change one thing- I have to reset everything as it is all put back to default...maybe I have the permission of a certain file messed up somehow?

#230941 09/19/2003 5:10 PM
I would check your permissions on the config file. It should store the variables.

I seem to have a problem with the cache working properly. For instance, I have the Random Profile feature set up to update every ten minutes, but every time I click on the "Entrance" link, I see a new profile. The page also seems to take a while to load every time. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Trav

Addict
Addict

I tried that, but it didn't do anything for me unfortunately. My problem is not that my IIP isn't updating...it is updating every time it is requested. The cache table has some entries in it, but some of the fields for PAL's I set cache time for are empty. However, the random profile field in the cache table is populated. Unfortunately, it appears that every time it is requested it ignored the cache and does all the queries. A new profile appears every time I visit the IIP page.

It seems that I am having the same problem as a poster a few pages back. My cache table is getting written to, but it doesn't ever seem to read the cache. Instead, it queries the database and updates the cache table upon every request of the IIP.

Last edited by Trav; 09/23/2003 10:21 PM.
Does anybody know the solution to my cache problem? My index page does the same amount of queries (30) when I force a cache refresh as it does when I just request the page normally. It is not retrieving data from the cache table at all. It seems to populate and update the cache table, but it never uses the information stored in it.

It is rendering my IIP page VERY slow, to the point that I probably will not be able to use it unless I figure out what the problem is. Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated, as this is a really cool mod and I would love to be able to use it.

Thanks,
Trav

Addict
Addict
Is the second link I posted (#79006) relevant here? If you don't have those numbers set properly, the effect is what you're describing.

I was having this problem before I even added the "force refresh" code you pointed me to. My problem was never that the IIP wasn't updating...it was updating every visit to the page.

I did add the code you pointed me to. I have all my PAL cache's set to a minimum of 45 minutes, and I set the force refresh code to 40 minutes (or 2400 seconds using the code snippet you referred me to).

This is frustrating...everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that my cache is being completely ignored.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello ,
why I do not get Flash Clock in "Index Page (IIP) Version 5.3" installed ?

Bitte help

Code
<br /><?<br />// Integrated Index Page (IIP) Version 5.3 (January 11, 2003)<br />//  <br />// Copyright David Lozier 2002-2003. All Rights reserved.<br />// <br />// This software may be used and modified freely providing:<br />// 1. The copyright notice remains intact at the head of all files.<br />// 2. The copyright notice and link to my personal website is<br />//    displayed at the bottom of all pages generated by the software.<br />//<br />// This software may NOT be distributed without expressed written<br />// consent from the author. <br />//<br />// The author accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever <br />// incurred directly or indirectly from the use of this software. <br />// The author of this software makes no claims as to its fitness for <br />// any purpose whatsoever. If you wish to use this software you <br />// should first satisfy yourself that it meets your requirements.<br />//<br />// Email: [email protected]<br />// URL:   http://www.chattersonline.com<br /><br /><br />	echo "$tbopen<tr><td align=\"left\" class=\"tdheader\">"; // Table Start<br />	<br />	echo "Custom Box 6"; // Table Heading<br />	<br />	echo "</td></tr><tr><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\" class=\"lighttable\">"; // Close Header and Open Content<br /><br />	echo "<br /><center>	<br /><object classid=\"clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000\" codebase=\"http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0\" width=\"150\" height=\"150\"> <br /><param name=movie value=\"Clock.swf\"> <br /><param name=quality value=high> <br /><embed src=\"Clock.swf\" quality=high pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" width=\"150\" height=\"150\"> <br /></embed></object></center><br /><br />";<br /><br />	echo "</td></tr>$tbclose<br />"; // Close Content and End Table<br /><br /><br />?>  

Nettomo
Attachments
95578-Clock.zip (0 Bytes, 18 downloads)

I have managed to work through some of the problems I have been having with IIP, but I am really stumped on something still. I thought I would throw this out here and see if any of you guys may have a clue as to what is going on.

A few of the PAL's are now caching properly. The short stats, Last Seen, Random Profile, Current Threads, and Hot Topic are all functioning perfectly. However, the rest are not caching properly. If I force a cache refresh, sometimes the other fields in the cache table get populated. Sometimes they don't. However, even if they do get populated, they become empty upon the first time the IIP page is loaded up after the forced refresh.

What is really puzzling is that when I examine the variables that hold the cache data that should be getting inserted into the cache table, they always contain data. They are not empty. I output the variables that are used on the update query for the cache table, and they contain the proper data. Yet the fields I mention above are empty after the query runs. I have spent hours on this problem, and I'm about ready to give up. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Do any of you haxxors know what might be happening? I am a programmer, so I'm not a complete idiot about this stuff or anything...but this one has me stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
An updated version to work with UBB.Threads 6.4 has been posted here.

Step 5.

Load the index page into your browser and click on the IIP copyright link at the bottom
of the page to access the configure panel. Follow all steps in the "INITIAL SETUP"
box for new installations and then set the other box values as desired.

I cant find it on my index page!

Veteran
Veteran
Should be just below the copyright info on the index page - you also need to be logged in as an admin.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Post a link and that'll help. If you've removed the infopop copyright.... then it will not appear.

Addict
Addict
The SideBarPal thread is locked, so I figured I'd post this here. Beta version for 6.4b1.
Attachments
96441-IIP SidebarPal 2.0b.zip (0 Bytes, 23 downloads)

Sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find it in a search. Is there a rotating banner ad (box sized i.e. 80x80) for a pal box? I just want to use it to advertise member sites without charging. TIA.

Addict
Addict
I wrote a simple rotating banner script that can be hooked into one of the custom pals. There's no user-interface for adding/changing banners (requires editing a file), and it doesn't do anything fancy like count hits, but I could upload it if there isn't anything better here.

[]Dave_L said:
I wrote a simple rotating banner script that can be hooked into one of the custom pals. There's no user-interface for adding/changing banners (requires editing a file), and it doesn't do anything fancy like count hits, but I could upload it if there isn't anything better here. [/]

That would be perfect Dave, I just want to slap a few linked images in there that will rotate. No need to count or have any other interaction with it.

Addict
Addict
Here is an updated zip file of the sidebarpal. I have included options for Events and Birthdays.
Attachments
96570-IIP SidebarPal 2.0.zip (0 Bytes, 27 downloads)

Addict
Addict
Re: rotating banner pal

I found this hack by Josh already posted: Banner Ad Rotator. Is that adequate?

Sure, that gives me something to work with. Thanks.

Warning: Empty delimiter in /***/**/***********.com/html/cgi-bin/ubbt.inc.php on line 509
We cannot proceed.

The host you are trying to send the input from is not a valid host.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

anyone have a clue how i can fix this, this is what i get when i try and post in shoutbox

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
That means that you have a firewall on your computer and it's blocking the referrer so that you can't post. You either need to disable the firewall or turn off the refer check in the config file.

Not sure about the other error. Usually an extra blank line in one of the filter files. Would depend on what version you are running. Not really related to this mod though. More of general threads setup.

I setup a subdomain and redirect to my site to go to http://downloads.vhfans.com the redirect goes to http://www.vhfans.com/boards/index.php?Cat=&paction=attachments&pbsize=2 however I would like it to go to a specific category but I can't get the URL. When I choose .mp3 and say GO from the drop down menu it only takes me to /boards/index.php. So what I would like if possible is the actual url to this, does anyone know how I can get it? TIA

Well, this is the url for your Music Files catagory:
http://www.vhfans.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=2

But that will only show just that catagory if the user has thier display prefances set to Catagories, as opposed to Forums. If set to foums, it will just take you to the main index page.

Lurker
Lurker
Hi !!
I tried to install iip 5.3 on my 6.3 boards &
I got this error
Warning: fopen("/home/httpd/vhosts/skitime.net/httpdocs/ubbthreads/pals/configpal.php", "w") - Permission denied in /home/httpd/vhosts/skitime.net/httpdocs/ubbthreads/pals/doeditconfigpal.php on line 750

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/skitime.net/httpdocs/ubbthreads/pals/doeditconfigpal.php on line 751

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/skitime.net/httpdocs/ubbthreads/pals/doeditconfigpal.php on line 752

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/httpd/vhosts/skitime.net/httpdocs/ubbthreads/pals/doeditconfigpal.php:750) in /home/httpd/vhosts/skitime.net/httpdocs/ubbthreads/pals/doeditconfigpal.php on line 755

plus Ihave sth strange happenings when typing
http://www.skitime.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

_lang['ubbthreads'] = "Regarde la liste des forums";
$ubbt_lang['all_admin'] = "Privé";
$ubbt_lang['ONLINE_HEAD'] = "Qui est en ligne";
$ubbt_lang['ONLINE_BODY'] = "Vous avez, ci-dessous, la liste des utilisateurs qui ont été actifs durant les 10 dernières minutes. Les utilisateurs qui ont modifié leur profile pour être invisible n'apparaitront pas dans la liste.";
$ubbt_lang['REGED_USERS'] = "Membres enregistrés";
$ubbt_lang['USER_STATUS'] = "Statut";
$ubbt_lang['USER_TITLE'] = "Titre";
$ubbt_lang['LAST_ACTIVE'] = "Dernière activité";
$ubbt_lang['ONLINE_LOC'] = "Emplacement";
$ubbt_lang['USER_USER'] = "Membre";
$ubbt_lang['ANON_USERS'] = "Utilisateurs Anonymes.";
$ubbt_lang['FROM_IP'] = "De l'IP";
?>

Bienvenue sur nos Forums! SkiTime.net

Admin | Entrance | Index Forums | Recherche | Mon Centre | Qui est en ligne | FAQ | Quitter | Liste d'Utilisateurs | Marquer tous lus

Temps réel!! Sujets messages Dern. msg
En direct!!!
Vous etes en station!! Et c'est Suuuuu..per! soyez pas Ego Istes! Faites en profiter les cops!!
Modérateur: JamesConway 1 4 Re: ouvert ce WE
(JamesConway) - 17:40 15/12/2003

Ski en France Sujets messages Dern. msg
Massif Central
Tous les spots secrets, toutes les stations (Cantal, cevennes, Aubrac,..)du Lioran à Nasbinal en passant par Brameloup!!
Modérateur: JamesConway 1 6 Re: Brameloup: la station ...
(jac) - 18:23 07/12/2003

So could you help me either restore my system or repair

TIA
JConway
Skitime Webmaster

Well I know that the first problem is with permissions on your Pals directory, when you set up IIP you need to be able to write the configpal file.

The languages showing on the threads page... never seen that one before, I'm sure someone else here can give you an idea on that.

Lurker
Lurker
Thanks zack!
Then I am s..up for 2 weeks!I got my passwd on my virtual hosts in Paris :-(
so you think it 's "not toobad" :-(
I need what 666
Merry Xmas!!

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849