Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#229348 12/15/2002 7:17 PM
Addict
Addict
I don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but I think we need a good stats page. I know phpBB has a good mod for this, so the source is available for the basic structure. I know some of the info is already somewhat stored, but not collectively displayed.

Anyway what I was curious is things like a bar graph showing like what weeks/months you had the most new signups and/or when you had the most posts, etc. Then maybe keep track of the most used smileys. You could make it both user and admin viewable, or select one or ther other.

I know a lot of users like to see stats, so it might be cool. But other people might like to keep that information private. So they would have that option.

I would mainly use it for monitoring growth and board activity. See if more people sign up right after a big event, or if people post more or less during a time, etc.

Sponsored Links
palmen #229349 12/15/2002 10:38 PM
Addict
Addict
That is certainly a nice idea. I've done a minor update to my Stats mod which adds some more extra info, like how many users that have made posts the last week and month, how many users have each rating, how many users that have each title. Also some info on total number of characters in the database as well as a average of characters per post for the whole forum as well as each board. I will write up instructions for this in the near future.

A mod with graphs for stuff in each month would certainly be nice. I guess the information should be gathered and saved once each day or something, since the calculations could become quite heavy on the server.

Possibly I could write some thing up without the graphs and without any cache this week, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have. I've just started looking at integrating Horde/IMP with threads and it seems to be quite an undertaking...

c0bra #229350 12/16/2002 11:04 AM
Addict
Addict
Integrating horde with threads would be killer

But yeah, that's why I liked the stats package idea, because most of the information is there already, and with your hack and such, just adding a nice format with graphs would make it complete

palmen #229351 12/16/2002 11:22 AM
Addict
Addict
[]Integrating horde with threads would be killer[/]

It definately would be. I haven't come far yet though, I've installed Horde/IMP and an IMAP test installation which seems to work fine. The requirements for Horde were a bit much though, I hope that won't be a problem. Haven't done any coding yet, I've just thought a bit about how to implement it. I'll let everyone know about the progress when there is something to tell. =]

[]But yeah, that's why I liked the stats package idea, because most of the information is there already, and with your hack and such, just adding a nice format with graphs would make it complete[/]

Yes, it would be really nice. I'll try to find some time to expand the stats mod a bit more with the information you wanted, though without any graphs to begin with.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Well, as mentioned before here I wrote some graph stats for ubbt.

Running Demo here (shows allover hits / read posts / new posts):
Daily stats
24h stats

But there was almost no response so I didn't post the hack here until now.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63