Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker
I've been tasked with integrating ubbthreads into a really complicated Active Server Page application running on a secure server.

Is there anyway for me to integrate threads as an virtual include, as if it were nested within the ASP code? Right now, I've put the ubbthreads.php as a virtual include into the asp code, and all the PHP code displays in the browser...

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I've never worked with asp so I'm at a loss there as far as suggestions. What's the particular reason for embeding? How is PHP installed? If it's being used as a cgi perhaps you'll need to set the path to it in each script?

Has anyone else here embeded .threads into an .asp page?

Lurker
Lurker
The main reason for embedding is because the code in which the forum becomes exposed displays different information under different circumstances. In addition, there's alot of session variables that are being maintained by the server.

However, I'm not sure that either one of these reasons REQUIRE that the discussion forum be nested in the ASP. My next step is to simply link from the asp to the php, and see if that breaks anything...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I had no luck getting php to compile on IIS 4.0 when it was included in a asp page. Perhaps 5.0 will process the php code, but I didn't bother trying. You can get it to work if it is within a frame however. But frames basically suck, so I gave up on that on the site I was working on, lol

This issue is totally www server dependent, I've heard it works on apache on a win box. Have not tried it myself though...

I think PHP has to be included as an executable in ASP pages.

I discovered getting PHP to install on IIS properly using the MSI (Not sure on IIS 4 ) required me to install mysql first or I would get an error for a missing OCX file. if that error happens then you can download the zip file from php.net and get the reg file for the registry changes from one of the directories (you have to edit the reg file to show the proper path to the php.exe or the Isapi module. also PHP.ini needs to be in the windows directory.

Also you may have to mess with the application settings (mime types?) to get the PHP code to Parse in a ASP (or any other, SHTML, HTML, Etc,.)

Sponsored Links
If it helps, I was able to include ASP within PHP with a script I wrote.

What I did for PHP was opened the ASP with a straight fopen; perhaps the fopen for ASP could get you similar results. Passing variables is possible, but only one-way.. it could probably be done two-way with some really complex coding, but that's beyond what I needed.. perhaps if I'm bored some week I'll do it Variables were passed via URL encoding.

Anyhoo, hope that helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63