Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 15
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Integrated Index Page (IIP) 5.1.1

Q: What is it?
A: It's an addon for UBB.threads 6.1 and UBB.threads 6.1.1 that will pull various information out of the forum for display as your main home page.

Q: What are the features?
A: The following information is displayed:

1. News Display - A configurable number of news/article posts and from different boards can be displayed down the center in the same fassion as the popular *nuke portals. Past news/articles can also be displayed along the right hand column (only).
note: the options to turn off who posted the article and the article date have been added back to the configure panel.

2. Current Poll - This will display the most recent poll posted or may be set to pull a random poll out of the forum. This can be set to use a specific board also. Results will be displayed if the viewer has already voted for the poll. (based on username or ip address)

3. Top Rated Posts - This will display a list of X number of top rated posts in the past 24 hours.

4. Current Threads - This will display a list of new threads posted in the past 24 hours.

5. Top Posters - This will display a list of the top X number of posters.

6. Last Seen - This will display a list of members who have visited the forum most recently. This is not completely accurate because depending on what they are doing at the site their 'laston' information isn't always recorded.

7. Short Stats - This will display various statistical information such as Total Users, Total Posts and New Users in the last 24hrs, 7days, 31 days.
Short Stats will also display "max online" information including how many and when.

8. Profile Spotlight - This will display a random profile listing username, location, hobbies and bio with a link to the full profile.
Username has replaced Name (real name) in previous versions.

9. Quick Search - This will display a seach box that will allow for a quick search of the forums using the standard search default values.

10. Login/Status - This will display a login box or your current status including the number of private messages stored and links to edit your profile and display properties and email subscripitons. Unregistered or users not logged in will see the login box. Logged in users will see their status box.

11. Online - This box displays the number of registered and unregistered users online in the last 10 minutes. It will also list the usernames of the registered users.
You can set a maximum number of names to display and once that limit is reached a link to the "Who's Online" page will be included so users can view the full list.

12. Hot Topic - When a post reaches X number of replies it is displayed in this box with a flaming .gif

13. Menu - This box has various links to other features of IIP.

14. View More Polls - This generates a list of X number of poll posts per page with links to the post and board.

15. File Attachments - This generates a list of X number of file attachments per page. There are also sorting options to display only the files specified such as .txt or .zip files.
An attachment specific search feature has been added allowing the search for specific words or from specific boards.

16. New Member - This will display a message welcoming the most recent member. This will only be displayed for X number of days.

17. Member Sites - This will display a list of X number of members and their home page links. Only those with this field filled in in their profile will be displayed.

18. Recommend Us - This will display a short form for visitors to fill out and recommend the site to their friends.
Mail sent includes an updated header to ensure acceptance by your host. This header includes using the sender's name and email in the "from" section. When the email is recieved by the recipient the sender's name appears in the "from" area and not their email address. (hope that made sense)

18. Call Us Home - IE specific, will not (or should not) display for browsers other than IE. This will allow visitors to set the site as their home page.

19. Add to Favorites - IE specific, will not (and again should not) display for browsers other than IE. This will allow visitors to add the site to their favorites folder. Netscape users will see the "Press CNTRL-D to Bookmark" notice.

20. Shout Box - This displays "shouts" (quick, small postings) from guests or members in the order they were made. Admins can easily delete shouts that are offensive. The shout box does use the .threads nickname/language filters also to suppress such postings.

21. Profile Index - This displays members profiles in a sorted list. The profiles are searchable. Boolean (AND, OR, NOT) and wildcard * searches are allowed. This makes finding specific members easier than ever.

22. Cache Table - Information can be automaticly stored and updated in intervals to increase page generation times. Depending on setup, this can cut the number of queries used to generate a page by as much as 50% and large sites will see a considerable speed increase with generation times.

23. Configure Panel - IIP settings can be controlled via browser and allow for easy setup and managment of the features listed above.

24. Standards Compliant - IIP is XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant and should render well in standards compliant browsers. This basicly means that the display should look the same from one standards compliant browser to the next.

New Features:

25. Template based "table wrappers" added to allow for easy customized design of pal boxes. A wrapper for AllenAyres' port of the Blam Ice templates by Bookie for .classic has been included in the wrapper template. More can be created, just follow the same layout as the ones listed in the template.

26. Custom pal boxes have been added. You can edit the boxes and include what ever content and code you want to display and then manage their placement and display from IIP's configure panel.

Notes:

Information displayed is based on group access. If the viewer doesn't have access to your "staff" board IIP will not pull information from that board to generate the display. Larger sites can use the option "force public" to make IIP display only public viewable information which allows for more of IIP's features to use cache to speed page generation times up.

The more features you use the longer it takes to generate the page. If you don't need or want a specific feature, turn it off.

As the size of a database grows, the speed of the pages generated decreases. It's that simple. There are some things that have been done to help IIP's page generation times for this version and some that haven't. These include creating various table idexes and simplifying queries.

As time goes on, IIP gets better.

Instructions:

Download the attached file and unzip to a location of your choice. Follow the instructions (SETUP.txt) located inside the "pals" folder that was contained in the zip file. Since this is a switch to a partially templated system most all files have been changed. Also, pay close attention to the "news" configure box section of the configure panel as there will be some blanks that need a 1 or a 0. I have also noted this in the SETUP.txt file as well.

[:"red"]Note: IIP's versioin check has been updated to allow it to work with UBB.threads 6.1 and 6.1.1[/]

Enjoy!

[:"blue"]
=================================================
This is new but I guess it's a good idea for me to start documenting any changes
I make so everyone knows what needs to be uploaded when I fix something.. lol

=====================================
Sunday, November 10, 2002:

Modified newspal.php to include the posting options at the bottom of each news post when
"force public" is in use. These options may or may not work depending on the viewer's access
when they try and use them such as making a reply to a news post.

Files modified: newspal.php

Saturday, November 16, 2002:

Fixed a bug in profilepal.php which caused the "alt" for user's pictures to contain
the highlighted username. Thanks Gardener for finding that.

Modified newspal.php to include a "View" link with the other post options and information
located at the bottom of each news post. This was suggested by Brewskie and 2nd by Gardener.
Personally I thought the link in the title/subject was enough but hey I'm just one person... lol

Files modified: profilepal.php, newspal.php, languagepal.php

Saturday, November 16, 2002, (later):

Fixed a bug that would cause board titles to not be displayed on forums that where group
specific when viewing a list of polls. Thanks goes to Gardener for finding this one.

Added a modified profilepal.php script and languagepal.php script provided by Gardener. He has moved
the text from profilepal into the language file. Thanks bunches on that one.

Files modified: polllistpal.php, profilepal.php, languagepal.php

Sunday, November 17, 2002

Fixed a bug that may throw Short Stats off in the user count if your site is aproving new signups.

Files modified: index.php

[/]

Attachments
55655-55655-IIP.5.1.1.zip (0 Bytes, 446 downloads)

Last edited by JustDave; 01/07/2003 7:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
updated here... when I submitted the settings, it sent me to your test site What did I miss, or is this a clever advertising program for you?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Ack! lol hmmmm let me look...

LoL and I might be clever at times... but not that clever... LoL

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Strange... when you posted the settings from the configure panel it took you to the test site?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Just a thought... did you accidently upload configpal.php over your old one? In the setup instructions I stated to leave that file and the images/folder out.

Was that what happened? LoL I don't want anyone getting upset about being redirected to some site they haven't heard of... LoL

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I did, but I had reset the paths before doing so... I think there was only one line at the top.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I was forgetting to change the index page url setting

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
hehe kinda thought that may have been it... I couldn't find anything when looking things over...

Last edited by JustDave; 09/03/2002 12:17 PM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Ack! LoL I didn't have anything "hot" at my test site... LoL

I'll fix that and ammend the zip file. There shouldn't be to much to do though. The bulk was gone over

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I need to start testing things on a test site that gets used by people other than myself... LoL

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hehe

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I don't know what could be causing the illegal character in the title though... IIP doesn't modify the title any longer...

Any ideas?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Ok all fixed with the exception of lines 10 and 252 which is part of the .threads package. I'll update the zip file. (was only 2 changes to two files) I am so glad it wasn't more.. lol

I also went in circles for a bit because I forget that information is being cached... LoL

I dont know if I mentioned it but cache can be refreshed by adding ?RefCache=1 to your url... or &RefCache=1 if other variables are present

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I posted the title buglet on the beta forum

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
There was the actual "trade mark" control character in the ubbt_header.tmpl and ubbt_footer.tmpl files instead of ™

It's all validating now.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https://www.ubbdev.com/index.php

User
User
All we need now is an real article section like the one from siteworkspro, where you can have:

1. Articles on the same topics as the forums topics. Also an automatic link to the forum in question when you read the article.
2. An article type like review, comment, rant, or whatever.
3. Multiple pages...each with a name/headline that is presented with a legend when you read them.
4. Permissions based on the existing users where author is a new user property.
5. See articles pr. user, pr. forum topic or pr. article type, etc.

I would PAY for this to get integrated into the PAL. What does it take? 100$? 200$? 500$? What?
Come on guys...they are brewing a CMS over at www.vbulletin.com Dont go all portal now

Rgds,
Tim

Last edited by voidvoid; 09/03/2002 1:07 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
There will be an article/review section in IIP 6.0 but you can send me money just the same. LoL

User
User
Publish the 6.0 and I send you the 500$ pr. paypal right now!

Really !

Tim

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I do so wish I was ready to be able to do that... LoL

Ok, this is what will be in 6.0 before I release it:

Calendaring system, based on a per forum basis. This uses a seperate dedicated table for all event storage. I need to work on getting this blended in better with .threads but it's getting there.

Birthday tracking in conjunction with copa age check at signup and profile configurable. (birthdays and other events listed on the calendar and in the upcoming events box) I haven't tackled this yet but I have a basic idea of how to go about it so it shouldn't be to bad.

Web Ring, just because one day it seemed so simple a thing to do so I did.

News Feed, allow others to place some javascript code on their sites that will display your news or current post subjects from a specified board. (another fairly straight forward feature I did just because it was easy)

Topic Icons, this was requested a long time back by Wraith and I do agree it adds a nice touch to news/review postings. (this one HAS to go in this time, it's related to a few other things) I just need to kill a full day or two and do this.

Picture Posts, this is a type of photo album or what not. You can browse pictures that have been posted, in a thumbnail layout, or switch to the large view and view them one by one, they can be searched, you can see what you rated the picture post or enter a rating if you haven't already, and read replies to the picture post. (when in full view) I haven't done anything to allow admins to create actual resized thumbnail images but I will try and get it in there for this version.

Articles/Reviews section, with specific markup code that allows such things as multiple pages per article/review. I have know what this should do and look like but haven't done anything with it. It's actualy towards the end of the list... lol sorry

As it stands right now I'm only about 30% done with 6.0 and really debated on releasing anything new prior to it as I didn't want to spend time on anything else. But it's kind of good though too. I didn't like calling the next version 5.0 because it has changed a lot compared to how 5.0 and earlier versions are setup. I'm also looking forward to 6.0 myself because I will be using this on my own website. (kinda nice to use something I'm creating) LoL

On a side note, I have seen http://www.phpportals.com and it wont be long before there is nothing they have that IIP doesn't.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
gimme!

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
Neat But i'll be satisfied with the article features of www.siteworkspro.com (And I would disable the calender features in an instant)

[]On a side note, I have seen http://www.phpportals.com and it wont be long before there is nothing they have that IIP doesn't.

Thats what I'm afraid of...They are themselfes going the CMS way. A lot of the community talk on vbulletin is that they are tired of the portal-nuke thing. The vbulletin team has since long identified this need for a cms and how this will make some more money. The forum part is nice. But a site also needs a static part that gives it an identity and something to talk about in the first place. Not all wants to be drawn into a debate or read an interesting article in the extensive point'n'clik enviroment (the equivalent of booting your computer to get the time).

To some extend, this is what makes siteworkspro so interessting. Non-php coders dont want big, clumsy and hard to set up cms systems. They want some "shelf-ware" with the abillity to differentiate themselves with a new skin. I've purchased siteworkspro but I'm afraid to but it to any use since, the company behind seems more focused on making some quick bucks than running a company. The supportforums has been pulled, one has to beg for updates alreay been paid for, etc.

Oh well...sooner or later...we the php-challenged...will hopefully be able to buy something that fits our needs. I know at least one could-be supplier with a sturdy community. The bad thing is that ubbt is not likely to be the best match

Last edited by voidvoid; 09/04/2002 3:16 AM.
sjsaunders #223633 09/24/2002 6:28 PM
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I just noticed I didn't have a "no sticky" option in for Hot Topic, Top Rated Posts and Top Threads.

I have updated the 5.0 zip file located in the main post above to include the needed changes. The files affected are:

hottopicpal.php
topratedpostspal.php
topthreadspal.php
editconfigpal.php
doeditconfigpal.php

Just download the zip and upload the changed files and go to IIP's configure panel and set the variables to your desired value. There will be 3 of them.

Allen, I updated here already.

~Dave

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
grazi

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I added a link here at the bottom of the page to assist with future xhtml debugging

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Cool, great idea. There will be more. LoL

Addict
Addict
Aww, I just installed 5.0 a few hours ago, now I have to do it again!! haha, j/k. Great work dave!

Veteran
Veteran
[]No this doesn't work with Cats completely. I really didn't spend much time on fixing 4.3's Cat issues for this release. In the next version I have already gone through every link and made sure the Cat is being passed.

Almost dreading asking this question but.... are the cat's being passed in ver 5, as they do not appear to be on here?

Sorry for sounding a pain, as the only one who is using cats

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
No, this is still basicly the old 4.3 code and I spent waaaaaaaaaaayy to much time on it... lol I actually found myself with a bunch of spare time this last week and half and putting pieces parts together of the files I have laying around took up much of it.. I think I would be well over half done with this next version if I had just burried myself in that... lol

Now I'm trying not to touch 5.0 as much as possible. (and it's not easy) LoL

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Ok I believe I have all Cat's placed where they need to be. Let me know otherwise. Thanks.

I main 5.0 zip has been updated. Replace all files except these:

configpal.php
doeditconfigpal.php
editconfigpal.php

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
cool... now onto v6

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Dave,

I really appreciate it. I will check it out.

BTW - the index.php still says version 4.6

Ian

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Thanks, I'll get that changed.. I kept thinking I had missed one... lol

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I have gotten a few pm's asking about how to use IIP 5.0 with UBB.threads 6.0.x so I added instructions to this thread's main post to explain it. Those that want to use IIP 5.0 but also want to wait for UBB.threads 6.1 stable can start using it now.

I don't think I forgot anything but just in case I did let me know so I can append the instructions. Thanks.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
What is the sql command to drop the fields?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
ALTER TABLE w3t_Posts DROP B_FileCounter

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
What should the permissions be on the pals folder and it's contents and the index.php?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
configpal.php needs chmod 666 or chmod 664 to allow for online editing.

Veteran
Veteran
posted by JustDave:
Ok I believe I have all Cat's placed where they need to be. Let me know otherwise. Thanks.

I main 5.0 zip has been updated. Replace all files except these:

configpal.php
doeditconfigpal.php
editconfigpal.php

Dave,

The Top 10 rated Posts, Current threads, and Top 10 posters seem to loose the cats when clicked upon.

Also something strange is happening with the Cat links on the main body threads. For example if you go to https://www.ubbdev.com/index.php?Cat=1,5 initially the three main posts in the middle were not passing the Cat information, then after a refresh they did - so anyway I went to https://www.ubbdev.com/index.php?Cat=1,4 and the three posts still linked to Cat=1,5 even after a CTRL + refresh (Using IE 5.5.on Win2000)

Sorry to be a burden on this.

Ian

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
<Jumps up and down while waiting for InfoPop to release 6.1 so he can then install IIP 5.0!>

hehe

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63