Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Were going live...in a matter of a couple days and Ive successfully moved all the data from mysql to my new server but when I try to login with admin or any account for that matter...It tells me the password is incorrect. I have two other ubbt systems that Ive moved successfully and have no problems logging in but our most import ubbt system just wont let me login. I really need help.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
did you try clearing your cookies? I remember one of my installations I had that problem, couldn't login for the life of me, deleted my cookies and everything was fine.

I just tried that...although I was hoping...it didnt work.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Will it send you a temporary password via email or does this not work also?

Yeah it will send me a temp password and I can login with it but Im not going to ask over 1000 users to send in for a temporary password.

Sponsored Links
Ok I just learned something very interesting. I have users on one of the other ubbt systems that Ive already moved over to the new server that cannot login. Same behavior. However...I can get in to that system. There is something going on with specific accounts after the move that does not allow login. Incorrect password for that username is the msg. In fact I this is a ubbt system with only 30 users and their is one user in particular who has never had a problem logging in on the old server...ever. Now all sudden he cant get in. So I asked him for his password and tried logging in as him but I cannot.

Last edited by hougie2; 06/26/2002 9:55 PM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Which version are you talking about? And are you using / in the cookie paths in the configuration settings?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Veteran
Veteran
Just a thought...

...are you trying to login having browsed or posted as an annonymous user? There is a bug that I logged a couple of weeks ago here that will give you a bad username / password if you try and do anything as an anonymous user.

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Canvey...no. I have not tried to post as anonymous. We dont allow it.

Allen,

Interesting question. This has me intrigued. I brought down the latest version from infopop. 6.0.1 and copied that over to the new server in order to get the latest upgrade. Then brought over the data.

On the former server...were running 6.0.

I wonder if I just zip up the 6.0 code and bring that over instead if it wouldnt solve things. I have my suspicions about this config.referer setting or the cookie path. I will take another look at my config. I do have a request in to infopop to help me on this.

Sponsored Links
Denied...I just moved all the code from 6.0 from the old server and denied again. This is insane. Its something with the data....I just dont understand this. Like I said...I have one ubbt system where I can login just fine but my buddy cant and he's never had problems logging in. Then on another ubbt system...I cant login as me or admin or anyone for that matter. Incorrect password. What? Why?
Like I said....some can login...some cant. Myself included and Im the admin and programmer/db admin/server admin. So something is seriously messed up with this system.

Last edited by hougie2; 06/27/2002 8:32 AM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You might open a support ticket at infopop for them to look at it.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
ivf Offline
I am having the exact same problem...did you ever get it fixed??

Veteran
Veteran
Crypt, or in your case MD5, might be giving different answers from server to server, or version of PHP to another.

This server might be crypting the password you are giving and coming up with a different answer than the old server.

I'm going to attache a test script for you.

where it says "unenecrypted password" put in the password as you are typing it into the log in screen.

Where it says 'crypted password from the database' copy it straight from the database as you see it from phpmyadmin or command line.

The script is preset to use MD5 as in version 6 and up. If you're on a 5 you'll want to comment out the MD5 line and use the crypt line.

Run it from a browser. I'll bet that what this php returns is NOT what was in the database. Only answer? Lost password. Or reinstall PHP with the same version that was on the other server but even that might not fix it. I've also run into cases where 4.0.6 on an NT server couldn't crypt. Never figured that one out.

Lastly.... REMOVE this script when you're done looking. It has your password. If you need to save it for some untold reason rename it to crypt.jpg. Then it's just error trying to view it.
Attachments
54749-crypt.txt (0 Bytes, 15 downloads)

Picture perfect penmanship here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63