Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 41
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Power User
Power User
woohoo!
cheers dude, this php and sql stuff is all new to me, really appreciate the help

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
posted by JustDave:
I had seen it earlier too myself. Was hoping to get 5.0 out before to long so as not to have to work on the older versions any... lol

I have attached an updated loginpal.php file. I can't test it at this time so let me know if it works. Thanks.

(just download, unzip, and upload to your pals directory)

I added this to the first post in the thread Dave, for those like me who spent an hour+ looking for it just now

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Thanks Allen

I'll be looking forward to 6.1 and the ability to replace attachments! Less work for you

With the upcoming release of the custom CMS will we be able to add other boxes such as links, site partners, and custom boxes whic one could make/name (such as today's weather, exchange rates)?

The forum makes up an important part of my site but I would like to integrate my entire site with the CMS, not just the forum. So when the main page loads up I don't want it to be 95% concerned with the forums.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
There are some new features of 5.0 that 4.3 does not have such as a Shout Box (one line statements in cronological order), Profile Index (profiles displayed in a cataloged style and searchable), Picture Posts (attached pictures from posts displayed in a cataloged style and searchable) and a number of other enhancements.

My main goal was to rewrite the 5.0 I had been working on at my test site to utilize a seperated language file and the templated layout that .threads uses along with a control panel setup. (actually I had started off with my own template idea/route and scrapped it to keep things uniform)

Custom boxes could easily be added to IIP's templates as desired. Using an "include" in the template to pull in any custom code you have created should work as long as you remember to include the "//UBBTREMARK" annotation after the include line.

Custom boxes, such as weather boxes, are great but I myself do not intend to write or distribute the code as such services have their own terms of service that need to be agreed to and followed for each user. Also, I do not intend to write or distribute code that will rip content from other sites for display in the IIP's layout. Some exceptions would be publicly available news feeds from sites that offer them.

One of the problems I have to get around right now is that I wanted to cache most of the information that is displayed by IIP but since this information is formed according to group access I can not store "one size fit's all" data. (been pulling some hair out over this one) LoL

The other thought is to work on an archival system to move older posts into a seperate "archive" table so that IIP can continue to pull fresh information from the forums without having to go through all of the older posts. This will help the speed issues with large sites.

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
posted by WrÅith:
Dave:

How is the modification coming for the newspal.php script regarding the use of the </font color> tag used by UBB.threads?

Just curious if you had a quick fix or whether it will need to wait until v5.0

Wraith, in your newspal.php script find this line:

$palBodyLen = strlen($palBody);

and change it to this:

$palBody = str_replace("</font color>","</font>",$palBody);
$palBodyLen = strlen($palBody);

I think that should fix the problems with the custom font tags .threads uses. I have included this same change into 5.0 but am not able to test as of yet. (still working on things just thought I would stop and share this...)

Let me know if it works. (it should)

Thanks.

How difficult will it be for intermediate administrators to install and run the new CMS? Will it be hard adding one's own fields/boxes, administering the entire site? Will it require code knowledge or will it be as straightforward as PHPnuke?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
posted by Conrad:
How difficult will it be for intermediate administrators to install and run the new CMS? Will it be hard adding one's own fields/boxes, administering the entire site? Will it require code knowledge or will it be as straightforward as PHPnuke?

Q. How difficult will it be for intermediate administrators to install and run the new CMS?

A. I'm not sure how hard it will be for others but with the control panel setup it will be the same level as .threads as far as managing IIP goes and all will be accessible from the .threads admin area.

Q. Will it be hard adding one's own fields/boxes, administering the entire site?

A. You can edit the templates to add what ever you need. These templates are based on the .threads template design.

Q. Will it require code knowledge or will it be as straightforward as PHPnuke?

A. I have never used any of the *nuke portals out there or seen the code in them. I do believe it is as straight forward as .threads is.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I've applied the fix you provided Dave. I'll let you know how it works.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
From looking over your site's index page I can see that there are still some problems but the custom font tag fix seems to have worked. I'll keep tuning on the "smart cutting" as much as possible.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thanks.

Lurker
Lurker
posted by JustDave:

edit: login pal fix for threads 6.02:

https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/uploads/52145-loginpal-ubbt6.0.2-fix.zip

Sir,

I've applied this fix on my site, and logins work fine now, but upon returning to the site my users get the login pal again, instead of the status pal, even after checking "remember me". Threads itself is "remembering" my login, but IIP isn't. Have I missed something else in configpal?

Thanks for your help.

et

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Are your cookies set site wide?

$config['cookiepath'] = "/";

would be the correct value in your config.inc.php file.

Hope that helps.

Lurker
Lurker
Yessir, that did the trick...thanks.

et

on this 4.3 was there a news script up date ?
my avters are not showing with the post but I do have them enabled

you know what
the image is there LOL but it's a dot
if i view the source the images are listed

but there not displaying
if i mouse over the dot it shows me the alt name then right click it & the image url is there

humm did I mess a setting or something

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Strange... I'll have to take a look at the code and see what it's using for a default as far as picture sizes go.

well I made a new post & it showed up file
the other post are older from a older older version of threads so it's ok I'm sure .

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
*whew*

Glad it's working now.

User
User
Hi...

Just a couple of questions...
Firstly, is there any way of changing the order of the pals? I can't seem to find any way of doing it.

Secondly, how do I stop the IIP taking the header from UBBT?
Basically, I have UBBT and Photopost, and I want to have the IIP as a kind of 'community' page, which links to the forum and the gallery, and also a host of other pages. (Chat, events etc.)
So I want to create my own header that is only used on the IIP and nowhere else...
Any ideas?

User
User
Hmmm... Also, the random profile pal...
It doesn't show the username... is this done on purpose?
It shows the name, but sometimes people don't fill that information in; t'would definitely be worth having a username.
Also sometimes the random profile pal doesn't show up at all. It's not a big problem, but does anyone know why?

Sorry if these questions have been asked already, I don't have time to go through 23 pages of posts!

you could have the default header be set to the one you want for your index page and set the forum headers individually.

User
User
Okay...downloaded it...copiedit...edited the config thing...ran it...and got the following:

Notice: Undefined variable: theme in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myboard\pals\configpal.php on line 138
Notice: Undefined variable: theme in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myboard\pals\configpal.php on line 140
Notice: Undefined variable: friendname in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myboard\pals\configpal.php on line 384
Notice: Undefined variable: sendername in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myboard\pals\configpal.php on line 384
Notice: Undefined variable: config in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myboard\pals\configpal.php on line 384
Notice: Undefined variable: yourmessage in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myboard\pals\configpal.php on line 384

ehhm, its most likely trivial, so be gentle

Last edited by voidvoid; 08/15/2002 12:53 PM.
In your php.ini set Error Reporting notices off.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I think reordering the includes for the pals in the index.php file should change their display order. This is how it looks to me, but I have not tried it myself...

Yep thats how you do it.

User
User
Ok... got that working...

If at all possible, I'd like another way of using my own header in IIP rather than go down the route of changing the headers in threads for each forum etc. If not then don't worry.

Also, when logging in via the IIP, the user is taken to the main forum index. Is there any way I can get it to go straight back to the IIP?

User
User
Thanks
Tim

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Anyone notice errors from loginpal "all required fields are not filled in" since upgrading to 6.0.3?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I just logged out and logged in from the index page here. Seems to be working here.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hmmmmm...
Never thought of checking that. <DUH ON ME> LOL

Well... must be something else. I think I recall previous issus with templates right? Maybe I didn't upload a new file or template.
I'd better recheck.

Thanks Dave.

looking at the new user pal box that welcomes the new user. it is showing nonapproved users also.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Yes that wasn't an option with threads in the earlier versions.

In your newuserpal.php script change this query:
code:

$query = "
SELECT U_Username,U_Registered,U_Picture
FROM w3t_Users
ORDER BY U_Number DESC LIMIT 0,1
";

to this:
code:

$query = "
SELECT U_Username,U_Registered,U_Picture
FROM w3t_Users
WHERE U_Approved = 'yes'
ORDER BY U_Number DESC LIMIT 0,1
";

That should do the trick.

thanks Dave

User
User
>So Joshpet,
>
>
>Did you find out why the login from pal gives the error?
>I have the same issue with 6.0.2

What'a'ya'think...Perhaps I should just try the 6.02 loginfix first, eh?

Tim

Last edited by voidvoid; 08/19/2002 3:01 PM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]>So Joshpet,
>
>
>Did you find out why the login from pal gives the error?
>I have the same issue with 6.0.2

What'a'ya'think...Perhaps I should just try the 6.02 loginfix first, eh?

Tim

Haven't had time to play. I'm going to make sure I didn't miss uploading a changed file (like a template or something) from the upgrade. Then try going through this monster thread and make sure I've got all "fixes".
When we get 6.1 here it'll be nice to update the attachments.... so the first post in the thread would have the latest version. Under the current system it's tought to tell if you've got the latest without reading all the 300 and something replies.

For now I turned my loginpal off, and let them log in like normal.

There should be a better way to manage the distribution of hacks and modifications.

Most hacks are not "final" and need to be updated. There should be a way for the Hack owner to update the distribution file.(Which is the reason I host my own.)

Especially in this case where there are many many fixes and modifcations. It should be user friendly for the Authors and the End Users.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
6.1 will allow for the poster to upload new files over the old one so this should solve things.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
So I don't get this thread off topic....
I've made a suggestion for keeping track of our mods with 6.1 here.

Thanks Josh.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63