Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#2148 10/15/2003 10:45 PM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
UBB.Classic 6.7 Beta on Board ::

News of our demise has been greatly exaggerated tipsy

We've uploaded the latest beta of the grand-daddy of all linear discussion forums to our test site . Explore, test, kick the tires and generally play with it. If you see a bug, you can post here, we'll post them to the beta-testing site. There's quite a few in this version already fixed by CC, so don't be too excited if he doesn't give you all the hugs and kisses you expected tipsy

Not all features have been turned on yet, some aren't even written yet... but you'll get a decent idea of some of what's coming smile

Team syng.org breaks 6M! ::

Join us in congratulating Raconteur on his team's huge contributions to team ubbdev . We continue to beat teams from much larger companies and communities and have recently passed 40 million points as a team. rockband

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Updated with a plethora of bugfixes cool

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Moderator / Kingpin
Moderator / Kingpin
Looking good! smile

Is everything there standard? Like for example is quick reply now included? Or is that the mod? Are there any mods installed on that board is or is it all standard installation?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quick reply is now included.

Here's a list of all the features I've noticed...

1. Quick Reply is built in
  2. The smilie popup is built in
  3. You can now subscribe to threads you reply to, so if you have a question and want to know asap if someone replies, you can subscribe and you will be emailed when someone replies to your thread.
  4. Sig Preview is now built in
  5. You can now search for the topics someone started. Right now the recent posts page only shows which one you posted in, replying or starting.
  6. In your profile, you can choose to hide your sig by default in your post, disable graemlins in your post by default, and hide/show quick reply
  7. The links will now be spider friendly (You could search the GR forums on Google) http://www.alforadmin.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/443/2.html#000022 < what it will look like, not a real link, don't click it
  8. The edit profile page is broken up into logical parts, so it'll be easy to get used to.
  9. Most of the Yes/No radio buttons have been changed to a single checkbox, which improves the overall look immensely
  10. Categories can now have descriptions, and also be minimized
  11. The way who you've rated it presented is changed to a much more efficient and clean look
  12. This is just something I heard and isn't confirmed. You can no longer disable the iframe view in the reply page. This however will rarely be loaded now that quick reply is built in

That's all the ones I've seen

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849