Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#212857 11/06/2001 1:09 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Some weeks ago I had the idea that one who would add an avater but has no webspace to host it could do the following:

post in the test-forum and attach the avater to the post. Look at the Attachment, copy the url and paste it in the text field for the avater link in his control panel. Done.

Two questions:
first: if the threads in the testboards are set to expire after some times, are the attachments deleted too?

and the second: where should we post such things in the future. I think it's not the best that we now have 3 Forums (or did I miss one []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/wink.gif[/]) And using another software for the discussion of a board is really ridiculous.

Last edited by noox; 11/06/2001 1:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
hPm #212858 11/06/2001 2:05 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
this is the place to post all php hacks for ubbthreads...i guess... design/hacks/general. anycase....is this what you are talking about? Upload User Pic Hack

hPm #212859 11/06/2001 3:12 PM
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
The main distribution should include an upload user pic feature.

Currently, my users are doing what you suggest... attaching their avatar/pics to messages... but this creates problems. For example, a month ago the moderators of one of the categories deleted many threads... it was clean up time. As a result, most of the users pics had been deleted, and their posts were quite ugly, with broken profile images. Little by little they are changing them, but this is not the best method. Its the only way right now, but it is not the best method. Hopefully we will get a feature for this.

As you see by my reply, yes, attachments are deleted when the posts are deleted.

In the wwwthreads boards we have never had any real problems with our pics... I guess that might be a reason Rick never gave priority to this feature (though I´d bet its in his todo list), he never got to see any real problems because those who use these boards (these right here) are all web designers, webmasters, etc., and we all have where to upload. But our users dont.

Anyway... there are so many features we ask Rick for... poor Rick! haha []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

Guru
Guru
Yep, it's on my todo list[]https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/wink.gif[/]. Actually there are alot of smaller things like this on my list. They'll be coming. 5.5 will have some new changes, 6.0 will be templates and once that is stable I can work on adding alot of these types of things.

UBB.threads Developer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63