Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
#212313 10/11/2001 6:54 PM
Guru
Guru
Over the past 5 years WWWThreads has turned into one of the most fully featured discussion forum products available. In spite of this, it's user base has remained fairly small. Over the past several months I have been trying to figure out why that is. Basically, it is because, on the backend, this has been a one man show. Answering sales questions, processing orders, etc. Doing these every day tasks has taken a lot of my time away from actually being able to develop the program. As the program grows it starts
to become harder to manage and it takes even more time to add new things.

So, how does all of the above affect you? I've decided to sell WWWThreads to Infopop (http://www.infopop.com), the makers of UBB and OpenTopic. The actual change will take place on Monday, October 15, 2001. Hopefully, this will make sense to you as it is a very good thing for everyone. Infopop will be purchasing WWWThreads, providing support, answering many of the day to day questions, processing orders, etc. This means that you, the customer, will be getting top notch support. I have always tried to give good support, but it has sometimes been neglected due to everything that was going on. I will still be the lead developer and provided support. And those of you who have special licenses that don't expire, these will still be honored by Infopop.

You will also see a name change coming. UBB really started the discussion board era and most everyone on the Internet knows the name. To take advantage of this, WWWThreads will be known as UBBThreads. There may also be some other changes coming, but just as you've been supportive of my efforts over the past few years I hope you will be supportive of the new ownership. Together, we hope to make UBBThreads into a market leader.

I know many of you have a lot of questions. Rest assured that these will be answered over the course of the next few days. Hopefully after the questions are answered and things start to settle in to place everyone will start to feel better about this. I am very excited about being able to devote the majority of my time to development and quieting any concerns/fears you have about the future development of the scripts.

There are a couple of ongoing threads in the General Feedback forum that you can use to voice your concerns/questions.

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links
Sally #212314 10/12/2001 5:15 PM
Guru
Guru
Ted O'neill has posted a FAQ about the upcoming transition. You can read it here.

UBB.threads Developer
Sally #212315 10/19/2001 11:05 AM
Guru
Guru
The forums have been imported over to Infopop. Later today I'll be closing the forums up here, removing the ones that are imported and changing the others to read only. You can still post here for now, but be advised that these will not be available on the new site.

UBB.threads Developer
Sally #212316 10/19/2001 11:16 AM
Guru
Guru
As a side note, they did import all of the users but they were unable to get the passwords moved over because I had them all encrypted here. So, before you try and reregister over there make sure you try the forgotten password link first.

UBB.threads Developer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63