Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
6.3.1.2.b.r.5.4.9 Released ::
smile UBB.Classic 6.3.1.2 was released last night and is in the members\' area at Infopop. A minor but necessary release to patch newly discovered possible security exploits, everyone is encouraged to upgrade. The official announcement can be found here .

For those a little afraid of losing their modifications, Beyond Compare can help get it done in less than 10 minutes. smile

Members Spotlight and Content Rulez Contests ::
Will be in full-swing beginning tomorrow, if you think you have what it takes to make a splash, look for the official entry threads tomorrow. Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm CST November 30th. I'll post again when the entry threads are ready smile

As always, the member spotlight contest will be judged based equally on 5 criteria: appropriate color scheme and modifications, originality, design integration, and member experience. Everyone with UBB.Classic 6.2+ is encouraged to enter. smile

Want More Site Traffic? ::
We still have the best and oldest UBB.Classic Forum Directory on the Internet. Promoted well in the search engines, it's still one of the better ways for other people to find like-minded forums on the internet, why not add yours today ?

Joining our UBB Circle is another excellent way to promote your site. They're free and take only a minute or 2 to sign up. We'll be doing an interview of Damian Penney in our upcomgon issue of the ezine to better explain what text ads are and how you can benefit using them on your site. smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Was un-aware of 6.3.1.2's release. We used to have people posting it in mere minutes after release. Those were the days. tipsy

Anyway, thanks and good luck to anyone who enters the contests! laugh

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
LD, that's because everybody is eager to see 6.4.0 smile tipsy

Also nobody has replied to Dave's announcement but me.

Moderator / Kingpin
Moderator / Kingpin
Lately I was the one who posted about them. Yesterday I was asleep at the wheel.(Actually I think it was more like a coma.)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Quite a few of us knew it was coming but weren't paying attention to the timing since we already had the code in the 6.4 we're beta testing, including Steve and LK smile I just posted it to let everyone know since it was coming in under the radar.

6.4 will be a different story wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
As always.. UBBDev has the lowdown on UBB.classic. Nice to see the site in top form. 6.4 is gonna be very nice.

smile

Coder
Coder
Unfortunatly my subscription ran out after 6.3.1.1 and I would have to pay for what is nothing more then security fixes from what I can see. Like many others I would not mind paying if it was a minor/major release that contained improvements on/new features but one should not have to pay for just a security fix in my opinion.

Oh well...

Howdy All: I was curious as to when the new 6.4 is coming out..Its seems like hardly any Mods are being worked on at all and only a few already have the beta 6.4 for testing. I read a few weeks ago the 6.4 would be out very shortly, maybe even over that weekend "Oh Well"
Looking around at HotScripts and Scriptsearch I like to keep my eye on the competition's Forums products. I don't know if it's just me but they are coming out with them left and right, some good some bad.
Which brings me to my next point: Is there a shortage of Programmers and or Mod Writers here and at InfoPop. Plenty of people have great insight into enhancements for UBB but from Idea to the actual mod seems to be bore by the users themselves and they do an excellant job... Could someone Please give myself to some insights as to exactly what is planned entailed and whats gonna be rolled out in the near future? I see theres a new version of 6.3.1 I'm not gonna update till the new 6.4 comes out and solid..Why does it always have to be when you upgrade you lose your mods, comparing the scripts doesn't mean they will work. So essentially, Your'e right back to an out of the box new version. And as always you want to look to see who's building Mods that work with the new version..Why not have them already included in the new version?? I love the way people pull here and offer help left and right, thats why in essence I have always stuck with UBB..
Am I missing something??

Thanks In Advance

Mike Silbaugh

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This page will answer some questions for you:

http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=729094322&f=7343077313&m=8993003716&p=5

Charles is on vacation right now and the security bug that prompted the release of 6.3.1.2 held up the public beta release of 6.4 until he gets back on dec. 2 smile

As to "Why not have them already included in the new version??" - those who have been around for a while know new features have been added to each major version upgrade since the release of 6.0. Check the announcements forum for classic and see the features that have been added in each update. smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
here you go:

https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002234

smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
When do votes get updated in the Forum Showcase? I know I have more than one vote for my site...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63