Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
If you are interested in digital television and / or in actual french music I invite you to come to my forum.

http://www.kre-forum.de

Eddie

Sponsored Links
Welcome Eddie! :)
Willkommener Eddie!

Ich visted Ihr Forum. Aber mein Deutsch ist rostig. Es gibt eine
Anzahl von deutschsprechenden Gewindebenutzern herum (reneeumdrehungen
und * Wellen *) für den Rest von uns, möglicherweise, das Sie teilen
können mit uns über, wie Sie Ihr Forum fördern? Wie geht es? Was
sind Ihre Träume oder Hoffnungen?

Gut, Sie trotz meines musikalischen Analphabetismus hier zu sehen

OH- yeah KENNE ich angenommen irgendein deutsches ha! Ich verwendete
Alta Vista, gerade wie Mohammed tat, um... Sie zu übersetzen konnte
uns erklären, was ich sagte wirklich auf Deutsch

I visted your forum. But my German is rusty. There are a number of German speaking threads users around (renee turns and *waves*) For the rest of us
perhaps you can share with us about how you are promoting your forum?
How is it going? What are your dreams or hopes?

Good to see you here despite my musical illiteracy

Oh yeah I supposedly KNOW some German HA! I used Alta Vista just like Mohammed did to translate...You might tell us what I actually said in German ;)

Renee Levant [b]Oracle Web Services[b]
[email protected]

User
User
Hi Renee,

it was a good idea to add the english text too. Altavista makes a very nice german - that means all words are german but if you don't know what is written there you understand nothing. So it isn't possible to retranslate "your" german into english.

Any way, I have like a lot of other users the problem to get the first postings. I tried out to add the url in searchmachines but with a very bad result. For example altavista. There are "millions" of entrys, one for each .pl-file and board I think. But for the reader of such an entry the information is zero.

I'm still reading all the postings here but until now I didn't find the rigt way.

I would like to email freqently the subscribers of the forum. But unfortunatley this funktion doen't work until now. Look therefore to http://www.wwwthreads.com/perl/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=china&Number=11329&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

If you ask me for my dreams (related to my board []/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/]) I would like to have 10 new postings per day. - The question is how!

Eddie

*Laugh*

Well Eddie, if I was being a good girl I would have LOOKED at the German that was generated ...But I was not ;)

On getting *first posts* ..You won't get them unless you get them...
Deep huh? Its called "seeding" your foprum...You need to start some good and interesting discussions by making posts that will appear to your viewers interests and fun bones :)

Then you have friends or even yourself under different names if you must (not the best ) go into the forums and respond ...

They key is this...The LARGEST group whoo attends online conferences is LURKERS and few post when there are not already posts. They need to feel a reason top do so..and welcomed and respected when they post...

Ask people who do post questions..draw them out! To build a community the ket isn't the web board but a combination of content (which brings people there) and a unique community atmosphere which gets them to look around and brings them back and More content and community which keeps them coming back :)

I sound like an advertisement here *whoosh* And a broken record..
Oh dear that might be a bad metaphor to use given the nature of YOUR site ...
hmmmm

[email protected]

User
User
Hi Renee

even if my english is very rusty ....(thats a nice expression I have learned during this talk - in german that dasn't work because only a metal may be rusty but the [censored] altavista dosn't (quatsch don't) know it []/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/]) (here I restart my thoughts) ..... OK it's a great idea - I should discuss with myself. But stop - not to answer to early - to invite others to give a very important answer.

I will try it out and give you a feedback when I get a result.

Eddie

Sponsored Links
Or rather than not "answering" too earlier...ANSWER in different ways...Have different people give different answers!

And ask them questions--about which way makes sense to them hehehe

Sort of like I did with you in this thread...

Did you notice eddie..All of the sudden we have a thread..I did not give answers..I asked you to give more information..and now HERE you are TADA!!

MAGIC
You might want to ask your promo questions here as well..Feel free to start a search engines threads;)

See ya!

[email protected]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63