Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#203734 11/25/1999 10:59 PM
Anyone familiar with successful installation and use of wwwthreads and mySQL on the Cobalt Raq servers? (they are Linux, of course) I am contemplating such a set-up for a client project. There are a few postings on these forums touching this topic (do a search for 'cobalt') but few solid replies are offered. Seems the Cobalt Raq is a strike-out...

Sponsored Links
I havent been able to get it to work yet. The msql-mysql modules component fails (possibly due to a floating point problem with MIPS processors) on the Raqs and Qubes. You may want to get a RAQ3 with an ix86 processor so that this will work. Seems a big expense to go to just for wwwthreads.

I have asked Scream to supply instructions on getting postgresql working with wwthreads. This is aparently more likely to work.

Lets hope..

User
User
Hi

I have installed WWWTHREADS and MYSQL on the RAQ machine with out any problem. Once in a while I do see problem with MySQL which drains the resources, and I just restart the MySQL every time this happens. I was wondering why this is happening, may be your thread kind of answers this. But so far, I do not see any problems from wwwthreads itself.

-Srinivas

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63