Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#203698 12/17/1999 7:27 PM
I tested the free version and liked it so much, I bought wwwthreads and installed it in my free matchmaking site at http://www.findmymate.com/cgi-bin/start_page.pl?Username=w3t&Password=w3t&option=Login

You can click on the above link. It will log you in with the Username and Password shown above as a guest and feel free to browse around. If you would like to find a mate for yourself, please register under a different name and proceed. We will find you a match based on your answers to a set of psychological and philosophical questions. It runs on MySQL with Perl.

I am delighted with the quality of this software and have modified it:
- you can choose your own password
- it is fully integrated into my matchmaking site and my members use its messaging system

WWWThreads code is of a high quality

The hard part was transferring the posts from my old message board wwwboard to wwwthreads but finally did it the hard way !!!

Sponsored Links
COOL!

Would you share the modifications with us...Pretty please with sugar on top?
renee

Anonymous #203700 12/22/1999 12:26 AM
The modifications are really very simple. I just knocked out a few statements here and there and added a few. Such as the part where the passwords are encrypted. I find that a nuisance. So I just added an extra text field for the new user to supply his own password.

Did you have any specific modification in mind ? Are you using this as a message board ? I've integrated WWWThreads into my matchmaking forum and have been getting complements for it from my members. How can I help you ?

Please post your user password mod here, I would really really really appreciate it. Thanks...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63