Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Title: PM Folders

Tested on ubb: 6.4.0.1/6.5.0

Description: Organizes PM's into Folders/Custom Folders.

Download: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/upload/00006378/PMFolders6.4.zip

Special Thanks: BassTeQ

Demo: (*currently down*)

NOTE: The demo pictures don't work, because of unset permissions, just ignore them. wink

Bug fixes since last version:
  • 1.0 - Inital release for 6.3
  • 1.1 - Port To 6.4(bug fixes, looks at the new ubb public name list, instead of trying to make it's own)
  • 1.2 - CP Integration

TODO:
  • Allow sorting of messages by date, subject and unread

Sponsored Links
Wow, very nice, does this include the mailbox quota and other things I see in your PM system, or are those separate hacks?

Yes, everything you see in the my profile demo, is included.

Thanks, btw. smile

yow, that looks great!!!

In fact for my board I'd like to not have the "Compose PM" by User Name, because sometimes people use numbers or characters that others don't understand, so I would keep only the "by User Number" only, if that's possible.

Also, the Member Ratings when from the board is off, does it disappear in this too?

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
Thanks! laugh

To remove the User Number search, look into public_pm_folders_summary.pl and public_pm_folders_review.pl and remove the following code:[code][/code]When member ratings is off, it will disappear from this. smile

Sponsored Links
I'll try to install it right now.

THANKS Brett! smile

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
Worked perfectly the first time!! Thanks so much!

seems to work very nicely smile

Content Queen
Content Queen
Wow, Brett, this looks very sweet!

I'm going to start working on my upgrade again; this will be one of the mods I'll try out.

Sue
adwoff.com
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Hey brett, I think that your last two:

Code
[/code]Need to be:
[code]
A raw install of this script on my sites black/blue design looed odd due to our text colour being white and the default background colour of your script being white also lol... Looks nice though...

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Brett, its looking for icon.gif in my noncgi/icon's folder, which doesn't exist. Also (final one i swear), when a user removes a pm it isn't placing it in the trash.

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Your right about the template bgcolors ($vars_style{TableStripTextColor}). I have updated the zip with the changes. You only need to reupload the templates. smile

Your icon problem, shouldn't happen. Pretty much impossible. It looks directly where it should. But for the sake of it, i clutched it, to see that if $icon doesn't exist, reset it to icon1.gif.

If your referencing to a user pm deleteing it from the sent box, then that's the way it's supposed to be. For now, sent msgs can't be taken into any other folder. Now if your referring to any other folder, then we've got a problem... frown

Thanks to all the feedback so far! laugh

It's a sweetness, two thumbs up for Brett smile

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Hey brett, think about having a small control panel addition so one can customise colours a little eariser? Well, the colours that would be interesting to play with (you know I have):

Background Colour
Border Colour
Quota Bar Colour
Quota "Widget" Colour

I'm sure there is others :x... Wouldn't really need to have a cpannel section per say, possibly just have it defined in the wordlet files or style settings...

Sounds interesting. I'll get on it. smile

quote:
TODO:
Allow sorting of messages by date, subject and unread
Brett, the hack works like a charm, but I'd beg you to include something in your To Do list smile
My members are asking me about having a link from ultimatebb.cgi (maybe under the "Welcome Member [log out]" words. (or making the link in the words "Inbox of PM: You have # new messages" that are in the PM Mailbox)

P.S. I ask you this since PM Notification hack doesn't work frown

The PM Notification works, it just has a flaw. I downloaded the 6.2 version and got it to work. here's the Doc i made. I take no credit, whatsoever, for this mod.

Luckily, ubb 6.5 will have this integrated...

Thank you smile

quote:
Originally posted by Brett:
The PM Notification works, it just has a flaw. I downloaded the 6.2 version and got it to work. here's the Doc i made. I take no credit, whatsoever, for this mod.

Luckily, ubb 6.5 will have this integrated...
Brett:

A couple of weeks ago, I posted here asking if it was possible to make the PM Notification flash (in any color) when someone has a private message waiting for them. Some kind person responded by emailing me a tiny file titled blinker.js. But they did not tell me what to do with it or how to incorporate it to invoke it. Can you help me with this?

TIA confused

I don't know what's in blinker.js, but i can give you this, which doesn't require blinker.js.

http://www.ivegeta.com/flash.txt (go to view -> source)

And then replace the color 'gold' with one of your choice.

It Works! THANK YOU!!! Is there a way to make it to continue blinking until the member clicks the PM link? Right now, I notice that it will blink approx 7 times, then stop.

TIA

Works great (thank you Brett smile )

except.... one tiny html error , most of you won't even be able to tell; it only shows up in mozilla/netscape and probably also has a lot to do with the way I have my tables set up in the headers and footers... it messes them up btw

I have tracked it down to the below section of html (shortly after the list of users) :
[code][/code]The last line should not be there, should be on there just twice... I couldn't track down where it was generating this, maybe one of you guru's could help out.

could perhaps be an extra tag somewhere else... but I don't think so

Bob Ferguson: Two questions: What's your browser? And are your members viewing it to stop after 7 blinks? Because it doesn't stop blinking for me. confused (I use the newest Internet Explorer 6.0)

Mirek: Does this error occur on both the review and summary pages, or just one(which one)?

Brett: sorry, only in the main folder summary ( ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=my_profile )

right between the list of users that have been rated by you and the Contact Us | Home Page links in the html

Thanks again,
Mirek

Brett, I noticed something too, when you get a new PM message, and you open the page with the PM messages list, it has the unread message in bold, but after replying, and then getting back the answer of that pm, in the page says you have a new message, when you get in PM list, you can't see which is the unread message because it is not in bold. Can this be fixed?

quote:
Originally posted by Brett:
[QB] Bob Ferguson: Two questions: What's your browser? And are your members viewing it to stop after 7 blinks? Because it doesn't stop blinking for me. confused (I use the newest Internet Explorer 6.0)
I'm also using I.E. v6.0 & another member who is using I.E. v6.0 said he gets approx 5-7 blinks, then it stops. He also went on to say that when it was blinking, he had no PM's in the inbox.

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Ferguson:
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by Brett:
[QB] Bob Ferguson: Two questions: What's your browser? And are your members viewing it to stop after 7 blinks? Because it doesn't stop blinking for me. confused (I use the newest Internet Explorer 6.0)[/qb]
I'm also using I.E. v6.0 & another member who is using I.E. v6.0 said he gets approx 5-7 blinks, then it stops. He also went on to say that when it was blinking, he had no PM's in the inbox.
They only onces i have who are complaining that flashing ain't working, are the peeps who are using ie6 (with and wit updates) So it seems a javascript engine buggie think.

Anyone have an idea about my html problem (above); I still can't find where it is generating that... frown

Nice work Brett thumbsup Another feature request would be this . It'd be a lot of work (I'm guessing), but it would look nice with this one smile

I got a friend to help me fix the html problem:

In public_pm_folders_summary.pl
[code][/code]

Found another error

When I create a folder, then rename it and try to delete it, I get "The PM Folder you tried to delete did not appear in the file."

Mirek

edit: ok.. it's only doing that with the first folder I made..., if I make another and rename it, it deletes fine

Thanks for HTML fix there, Mirek! And your right about the Renaming/Deleting folder thing.

I was also able to recreate Saxeus's problem.

I undated the zip file with the fix. The files to reupload are public_pm_folders_summary.pl and ubb_folders.cgi. smile

didnt u forget something? it says at the end of the text file: [code][/code]

Man what a rush...
Hi Brett,

I reinstalled the updated files, and after that I also installed the PM Email hack you did, (I admit I'm being impressed by your hacks) but when I got in my board, I noticed that all the message I've had in my Inbox, (which are already read) were now all bold. I opened one and got back to the list, it was still bold.

It was easier for board members to realize which PM was unread and which was read, because of its "bold" or "not bold" subject. Any way to fix it?

P.S. I tested the PM Email hack also, but it didn't send the email, nor even give an error that it couldn't send, though I am able to receive email message when I get a PM from a member.

D10: Hehe, sorry about that. I'm preparing to add a cp addon to that, and forgot to take it out of the docs. wink

Saxeus: I just updated the zip, try reuploading the ubb_folders.cgi, i got the same thing and was able to fix mine. Also, did the PM Email hack tell you it was sending the emails?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
there are 2-4 places that specify how many replies to a pm and how many pm's can be stored. If you are making a cp_addon, is it possible to include these 2 settings as modifiable?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Brett: no problem, glad I could help a tiny bit.

AllenAyres: great idea

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
danke smile

another one would be to make the number of stored pm's different for admins/mods and the regular grunts wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
yet another good idea Allen

Just had one myself... working PM notification into the content islands... I don't guess that would really belong with this hack though.

I like this mod just 1 thing I think that should be improved: when I try to compose a new pm with the user name field I cant put the displayed name in it. Only the login name works. Since a lot of people on my board have a different login name than the displayed name it doesnt really work!

And a question: why is there an empty link? When I delete a pm it automatticly empties the trash folder so I think the empty function is for nothing

Man what a rush...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63