Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#196234 06/17/2002 9:10 AM
I know...there is a comprehensive faq about this question, but it's a barrier for me. My English skills are obvious not enough to find the right procedures to join with a sub team. I think, but this is a hypothesis, that the barrier is indeed to high for normal lifeforms and this "let us join" should be as easy as possible for mankind.
A "click this button to join" would be nice. smile
But i know this is impossible, so how to proceed?

I have created Team Cyberty this morning and a few members are willing to share there pc's for this great project. So, they join this team and there results will be kept on the Team Cyberty homepage in a grafical display etc. But then...! It seems that i must part team ubb dev to become member of team cyberty and then after this rejoin ubb dev, am i correct?

By the way...i have 50.000 points at this moment. Gold i guess. smile

Sponsored Links
Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Congrats on the gold Variables!!

You are already a UBBDev Team member. (You do not need to quit and rejoin.) To create a sub-team just post the team name and team members UD id's. I'll add your information to the sub team page. Post your team's point total every week or when you have time and I'll update that on the sub-team page also. If you have other questions or do not understand something feel free to ask or PM me. smile

- Deb
Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Ummm... the page needs to update before I can give you the gold. frown

Sorry if the information is confusing... I see you have retired so I think it may get confusing for me also! wink

- Deb
Great..i want to rejoin but the UD server is having an update. It confuses me that i have to part from team ubb dev to join team cyberty. Is this necessary to have a sub team?

At this moment i have 50006 points exact. But the server cannot update, we have to wait. wink

Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Variables, you don't have to leave or part from our team and you do not have to create a sub team. If you decide to create a sub team, your subteam member points are added to yours and you will achieve levels (gold, platinum, coffee, etc.) on this site faster.

If you look HERE for example you'll see that Dave2's sub team members are helping HIM increase his total here. Sub team members do not join this forum but you keep track of their points on your forum. I hope you understand... smile

I'll watch for the update or take a screenshot and post the URL. smile

- Deb
Sponsored Links
Ok, one of our members downloaded the ud program and is installing. After putting his or her personal info they must go to

http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=3609D1DB-54D6-4973-857F-0E7680D49E72

to join Team Cyberty (wich has no captain because i'm here)

Then i can see their progress here:
http://members.ud.com/services/team...1DB-54D6-4973-857F-0E7680D49E72&ord=NAME

Once in a while i look there and gather the points and place them here, am i right?

Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Variables... apparently I have not explained things well enough and I apologize. You shouldn't start your own UD team... although you can if you want to. If you want the offical UBBDev sub-team your members would join OUR team at this URL:
http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=DDE39155-B626-4A01-A104-817F561929DF

Their points would add to our teams total points and you would receive their points so that you could advance in ourhaxxor icon levels quicker. They would be helping our team and you.

HELP! Can someone simplify the explanation for him please?

- Deb
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
OK, let's have a crack at this wink

Your Sub-team is a part of Team UBBDev. All the points that your Sub-team makes go towards Team UBBDev's overall total. You can use your total Sub-team points to get better avatar levels here, on the UBBDev UBB.

All you have to do to join is give your board name, URL, and your current members/points total, and Deb will do the rest. wink

Sorry, i'm feeling a moron right now. After reading the reply's. this is what i think must happen:

I have to tell our members to signup for the ubbdev haxxors at the address above.
Then i must gather their points on the ubb dev UD statfiles and putt them here with their ID to gain extra points. Is this correct?

Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Variables, it wasn't you... my explanation was not clear... I'm sorry.
quote:
I have to tell our members to signup for the ubbdev haxxors at the address above.
Then i must gather their points on the ubb dev UD statfiles and putt them here with their ID to gain extra points. Is this correct?

Yes! That's correct! smile
Have them sign up here:
http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=DDE39155-B626-4A01-A104-817F561929DF
When they sign up tell them to add [Cyberty] before their UD name. Example: [Cyberty]Variables
You will be able to sort by name and your sub-team will be together on the list which makes it easier to add up points. (Those points you will post here and I will add them to the sub-team page and your total.)

Chris, thanks for your help! smile

- Deb
Sponsored Links
Alright, Thanks both for the reply's. Now i'm going to recrute. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63