Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I have need of tweaking the display of profile infomation in the 'directory' feature. I need to remove the user title / status field from showing in there because we have lots of helpers on my site with mod priviledges on a private forum, but their not official mods as far as the community knows. they just use mod privies to help me maintain calendar, links, and monitoring recent visitors.

we give these helpers a custom user title that looks like a standard post-count-driven user title so as to not make it look obvious special people have special priviledges. And that works great except when viewing the members directory page where they show up as mods.

so i'd like to rip that field outta there if possible. but for the life of me i cant figure out exactly where & what I need to change.

my best perl-idiot guess is in ubb_profile.cgi, under sub member_directory. I see the following likely suspect bit of script:
Code
 	my %fields = (
0 => "USERNUM",
1 => "PDN",
2 => "POSTCOUNT",
3 => "OCCUPATION",
4 => "LOCATION",
5 => "INTERESTS",
6 => "CUSTOM1",
7 => "CUSTOM2",
8 => "CUSTOM3",
9 => "CUSTOM4",
10 => "STATUS",
);
my %rf = map { $fields{$_} => $_ } keys %fields;
and I'm guessing maybe i just need to delete the 10 => "STATUS"' line? but from the looks of things in there and public_directory.pl surely its gotta be more complicated than that confused

can anybody point me in the right direction here? TIA!

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Don't worry about that code - you only need to worry about the links to that code. Nobody that doesn't know how the thing works will bother trying unlinked sort methods. However, you can disable member status sorting by commenting out the 10 line, as well as the corresponding line in the public_directory template.

As for the links.. check out lines 90-92 of the public_directory template, which is the only place that users can toggle sorting by status...

... other than the dropdown menu on the splash page. That becomes a bit more interesting. You can probably get away with just commenting out or removing the block of HTML between lines 414 and 425.

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Originally posted by Charles Capps:

However, you can disable member status sorting by commenting out the 10 line, as well as the corresponding line in the public_directory template.
ish, i think i confused the matter in my opening post. or need to allow time to digest answer...

i dont want to just disable sorting, i want hide member status all together in the directory. not even show it?

and double ish - i forgot all about dropdown in splash page. tks much!

(10 min laters CC digestion sets in.... lite bulb goes off)

ahh ok, i get it now - all ques. answered. tks again for your reply Charles

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
laugh

Sponsored Links
ok i got member status dropdown off the splash page, but it's still showing when you browse big table list of peoples.

do i maybe need to run rebuild member info process in cp? if so i might have a problem, member rebuild busted for me a good while back. we delete alot of registrations on our site, and a delete hung onced and rebuild never been the same since frown

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Is the status showing, or is the link to sort by status showing?

just status is showing (rookie member, standard member, forum lead, etc)

[Linked Image]

i edited the template as advised, and even cleared cache on "other" pages but still showing up? tks much

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Look for $user_status, around line 262 of public_directory.pl

sweet, that fixed me! plus i took out the $custom_status right under there to hide the helpers with custom titles abit more. tks again!

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849