Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hi, my client is running UBB.classic 6.7.3. I inherited this production site so I'm getting up to speed ASAP.

A user noticed a typo in the header of the topics pages. I tried every page I could in the admin UI but couldn't find the offending HTML fragment. I turned to grep and found the fragment in both Templates/public_forum_page.pl and Templates/public_topic_page.pl. I vi'd the 2 and nuked the typo(s), however I don't see a change in the pages yet.

1) Is there a way to edit the templates via the admin web ui and I basically missed it? The account I logged in with has this line:
AdminWrite&
in the profile so I'm assuming I have the UBB equivalent of "root" privileges.

2) If I am supposed to manually edit Templates, how do I force an update after editing these PERL scripts?

I've noticed that UBB generates a ton of *.cgi files that seem to take their cue from the Templates, but I'm hoping UBB doesn't just leave the cgi alone so that updates only make themselves known in future posts.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

jk

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
If you have changed those, you need to login to the CP and Clear the Cache. That should show the update.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63