Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#183784 07/28/2004 9:19 AM
Content Queen
Content Queen
*sigh*

After a couple of months of no white pages appearing on my board, in the past couple of days, we have been getting bombarded. frown

I haven't made ANY changes since I went through the last problem (we narrowed it down to an unstable hack @ the time) [this would've been back in May], so I'm a little clueless (okay, A LOT clueless tipsy ) as to why they are happening now.

I sent an e-mail to my host company to ask them what the error logs report. They will probably come back and say, "Reduce your membership database (i.e. remove the people who no longer post) AND delete old threads."

I can do that; in fact, I've been planning to do that, but I have two issues with that advice:

1. There is no proof that that is problem
  2. Here at UBBDev, you have a membership list that is far greater than mine, and I know that you keep threads here for a long time ... why don't YOU have white page issues, too? IOW, see #1

----

The next two weeks are going to be extremely crazy for me, so I won't have the time to go in and start zapping members and/or pruning forums (besides, I'm still not absolutely convinced that's the problem)

----

I'll try to describe what I see when I go into a corrupted topic.

Posts usually are reserved to one line within the .cgi file -- no matter HOW BIG the post, right?

What happens with the pages that turn to *white pages* is it'll split into more than one line.

Am I making sense?

----

This just drives me absolutely crazy ... I have a problem with the board ... I try to isolate the reason for the problem ... we seem to do that ... everything runs just *fine* for a couple months, and then, BOOM!

I want to reiterate: I have NOT made ANY changes to the board since May ...

Sue
adwoff.com
Sponsored Links
#183785 07/28/2004 10:56 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmm.... are the threads rather large ones? I'm wondering if it's a memory problem with the server... Does it happen while posting to the topic or just viewing it?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#183786 07/28/2004 12:03 PM
Content Queen
Content Queen
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

hmmm.... are the threads rather large ones? I'm wondering if it's a memory problem with the server... Does it happen while posting to the topic or just viewing it?
Both Allen ... and it usually happens with the larger files, but it also has been known to happen with smaller ones, too.

Sue
adwoff.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63