Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hi all, another picky template editing question. smile

I'm wondering how I can make the text links of the names of the members online in the list smaller because when my boards get about 50 people online, it doesn't look too good. I know that I have the option of placing it at the bottom, but my members prefer it at the top. I'm just not sure which file of the UBB to look in to edit this.

Thanks in advance for any answers. I launched my new forums tonight and I couldn't have done it without this site and its members.

Sponsored Links
Nice board Xiphoid_pAOM. smile

Open public_pntf_summary.pl and look for:

Code
[/code]That's the first row "Recent Visitors".  Now if you keep scrolling down to approx. line 1050 you will find this code:

[code]
I think the "TextSize" is set to font size "2". You can change that to whatever number you wish or use style sheet to resize the "$user_string" font size.
smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Seem reading everything that you guys write in this Forums pays smile

I was wondering where would I look to change the background of this table! Bingo.

Hey Prime, 2 questions for you regarding this:
1.How do I insert a column in this table to match the Calendar and NewsFader. Look HERE
2. How do I chane the name on the header from
"Forum Recent Visitors: ..." to just " Visitors"?

Thank you

#1:

Hmm...Well I don't have your exact codes to work with for the Recent Visitors but open public_pntf_summary.pl:

Find this code:

Code
[/code]A few lines below you should see something similar to this:

Code
</pre></div></div>Where it says <span style="font-weight: bold">size="1"</span> change the number to "2".  Your Recent Visitors' title will now match both NewsFader and Calendar.<br><br>Now go down and find a code similiar to:<br><br> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
and replace that with:

[code]
I'm not sure how it will come out since you seem to have "colspan 6" (7 overall) on the NewsFader and Calendar but I'm only counting 5 overall.

-------------

#2:

Go to Control Panel and look for "Wordlet List" drop down then "Recent Visitors" then somewhere at the bottom find:

pntf_simple_title

Change "Forum Recent Visitors" to "Recent Visitors" then press the update button.

smile

You the man, Prime. smile Thanks for the answers.

I also tried changing the color of $user_string, but the color tag I put in didn't change anything, I guess because it's a link. This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to change the default link color? This would help in creating custom colors for mods and VIPs in the Recent Visitors list too.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hey Xiphoid_pAOM. You can't go directly to "$user_string" to reset the font color but you can do so here in public_pntf_summary.pl:

[code][/code]Now a while back in UBB version 6.2x there was a "Who's Online Status Effect" hack which may be of interest to you. I didn't change the code nor take credit for it but here:

Click Here

Now this will customize both Administrators and Moderators but take a look at the code and you'll be able to incorporate selected users or VIPs. Since it's HTML you can reset all font options (such as color), images or whatever you desire.

When you see "SORTORDER" you will need to find the pntf code I provided above because it won't match the hack's code.

smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Prime, the Recent Visitors Wordless wont let me change the Forum Name unless I do it in the Configuration settings. And I cant delete the forum name because will delete it from all the pages including navigation links.

Second, I change the code a little, simplified it a little and added a .gif, but I cant the damn thing centered, have a look at this code and tell me what is wrong? for a visual, of course
HERE

[code][/code]Thank you

This is the code which is located in the public_pntf_summary.pl file:

Code
[/code]Where it says "$title" remove that code.  Now it should only say "Recent Visitors".  

------------

Now for your image alignment this code:

[code]
you will see align="left"...If you want that centered change it to "center".

I'll be back later tonight to check up.

smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Damn! I'm such a door knob!
I added " align="center" " in the wrong location!
I took it off and fixed it!

[code][/code]I also took the "$title " off, not my header is perfect!
See if you can help me with the other post, News Fader editor.

Thanks alot Prime. Are there any bigger stars around? You deserve them!

Thanks again, Prime. That code worked great.

About the VIPs though, what variable name should I use in the if statement to determine whether it's that specific user or not? I've tried:

if ($show_public_name eq "Xiphoid")
if ($number eq "00000001"))

They aren't working... I suppose because the scope of the variables for the pntf_summary is different.

Sponsored Links
Felix:
I was curious why you had the "center" in your image tag but that wouldn't have mattered...The
tag was your target. Cool that you got it.

Xiphoid_pAOM:
I'm not sure if "$number" will work...You could try "$user_number".

For "$show_public_name" you could try "$pubname" or "$username".
Finally got it. smile It's "$pn" for the public name. Thanks for all of the help, Prime, I really appreciate it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63