Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#180320 01/07/2003 3:06 PM
Hi all, I'm interested in upgrading my board (running 6.1.3) soon and I'm kind of cautious to do so because my current board has so many modifications on it.

I'm aware that the modifications are lost once you upload the new upgrade files, but I'm afraid that something left over from the previous version will screw the upgrade up.

I have most of the popular 6.1.x modifications installed. If anyone has upgraded with a lot of mods and had no problems, just let me know. :)Sorry for such a simple question, but I just don't want my board down for a while.

Sponsored Links
In my experience a "leftover" I got from previous hacks when upgrading are from the profile/registration pages. If I used any of the custom fields or modified the default ones the settings will be intact...I just reset it when that happens. I believe there is still the Member Field Strip which should resolve any problems you may face with extra profile fields. You can find that in the Members Area downloads.

If you had "Content Enforcer" hack installed you may get an error while upgrading which is pointed to the content_enforcer_adv.cgi file...Just delete it and you're fine. I'm quite positive that since the vars, members and any other folders files (e.g., avatars) are un-touched when upgrading any modifications you did there will have elements of it.

I don't recall running into major problems in any of the upgrades however and so far with my 6.4 testing board (from 6.3.1.1) smooth sailing. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63