Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#179629 10/29/2002 2:39 AM
Power User
Power User
Hey everyone,

So I've got a fairly active board (at least I think wink ), and have recently been having a lot of problems with files getting corrupted, like PM file and thread files. I'm using latest threads too and once in a while one of those files gets corrupted and I have to delete it or the board acts all funny. I've also been having to rebuild forum stats quite often. Hacks installed are calendar, latest threads, using photo album, PM inbox, and am running 6.3.1.1.

Those of you who have active boards, do you have the same problems? I have a great host but I'm wondering if the timeout setting for the cgi is contributing to killing these files?

I'm wondering what things I can do to lighten the server load with my board. I'm using the accelerator. What else can I do?

One worry of mine is that some really important file that I can rebuild by hand gets deleted. When someones member information get deleted I can get them back up no problem, but what the hell do I do if the memberslist.cgi file gets corrupted? eek eek

Have a nice day!! rockband

Sponsored Links
#179630 10/29/2002 10:45 AM
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
You should never *EVER* receive corrupted files. There are numerous routines to prevent such things.

At this point, I would advise going back to the stock scripts for a week. If the board becomes stable without the hacks, slowly add in one hack at a time. Eventually you'll find the one (or the combination) that causes instability.

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#179631 10/29/2002 1:03 PM
Power User
Power User
Wow! Thanks Charles. My first guess here is that it has to do with latest threads. We were having problems before and we uninstalled it and things seemed to work more smoothly.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849