Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Name: Latest Threads

Version: 2.1

Author: Casual

Description: Tease/display forums Latest Threads via SSI, I-Frame, PHP and JavaScript include on any page on your Website.

New/fixes in 2.1:
  • Fix to show publicly displayed name only (revised)
  • New JavaScript Include
  • Alternative save to path option added

Last update 2.0.2:
  • UBB 6.3.x compatibility
  • Bug fix for iframe
  • Fix to not show login name only publicly displayed name

Requirements:
  • Full License
  • UBB Version 6.2.x & 6.3.x (not testest on 6.1.x or 6.0x)

Features:
  • Works with SSI, I-Frame, PHP and JavaScript.
  • Create multiple stream outputs
  • Displays latest threads listings regardless of date or time. (No Cinderella effect)
  • Filters forums by forum number in Exclude or Include modes.
  • 13 different display options or create your own custom display. Ability to use multiple public templates for multiple streams.
  • Summary size option (smaller or larger)
  • Saves to HTML file (saves in NonCGIPath/lt)
  • Select number of threads to display on a page
  • Charles Capps subroutines and filehandler compliant

Future plans and development:
  • Jump to last post in last page
  • Full control panel add-on

Example screenshots and Links:
[Linked Image]

File Download Location:
http://forums.santacruzsentinel.com/lt/

Please report any bugs or suggestions here.

Thanks

Casual

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks Casual smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hmm, I'm wondering will the SSI work with ANY PHP Script? (PostNuke, for example)

What would I need to modify to have it use a user's Display Name rather than their login name?

For example, if I login with "admin" as my user name (which is often the case) but my Display Name is "ShadowChaser", I'd rather it appeared as "New Post by ShadowChaser" than "New Post by admin".

I'm sure this is just a variable setting, but I'm not sure what the variable files are called.

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowChaser:
What would I need to modify to have it use a user's Display Name rather than their login name?

For example, if I login with "admin" as my user name (which is often the case) but my Display Name is "ShadowChaser", I'd rather it appeared as "New Post by ShadowChaser" than "New Post by admin".

I'm sure this is just a variable setting, but I'm not sure what the variable files are called.

This is a bug I have been trying to squash. I had hoped the new version 2.0.2 fixed that problem but may have been overlooked.

I'll need to re-check the variables again but will need someone who uses display names to test. Any volunteers?

Thanks

Casual

Sponsored Links
I'll be glad to test it for you as long as you're willing to tell me what updates I need to make.

Does it work on a private board? I would like to have it show up on my home page but then you would have to login to read the complete post?

Thx

quote:
I'll be glad to test it for you as long as you're willing to tell me what updates I need to make.

Great, I'll be emailing you soon with instructions on how to create a debug output. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Eaglecrew:
Does it work on a private board? I would like to have it show up on my home page but then you would have to login to read the complete post?

Thx

Yes, I think it will work on private boards. You should get standard output for latest threads and when user clicks on the link, UBB should ask for User/Login first and then forward to the page you requested. However I've never tried it, I do not have a private board setup, so give it a shot and let us know your results.

Thanks
Casual

i really need help bad. this and the UBB News hack don't work for my board. i have 6.3.0.1 and i'm using JC Templates. i tried to call all the php scripts and the one ssi code and nothing shows up at all on the main page. i followed the direction to the tee. any ideas?? is it the jc templates??

Is it possible to change where the program puts the output files? My CGI directory only allows execution of programs, not any other files.

Sponsored Links
quote:
Originally posted by gost95:
i really need help bad. this and the UBB News hack don't work for my board. i have 6.3.0.1 and i'm using JC Templates. i tried to call all the php scripts and the one ssi code and nothing shows up at all on the main page. i followed the direction to the tee. any ideas?? is it the jc templates??

I'm not sure what JC templates are, but I will look into them.
quote:
Originally posted by axedup:
Is it possible to change where the program puts the output files? My CGI directory only allows execution of programs, not any other files.

If you asking for a different SaveToPath then I'll include that option in the next version release, no problem.

Thanks
Casual

dj -

You might want to talk to LK. One of the options he has in his Calendar hack is to use public or login names. Perhaps he could take a look and point you in the right direction?

[Linked Image]

I also haven't received that email yet, if you still would like my help in testing.

djcasual, yea, I am asking for a different SaveToPath. I'll be patiently waiting for that in the next version then. smile

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
This hack doesn't touch the templates but I did have a problem getting the ssi to work also...I have it working using this;

I haven't upgraded to this newest version yet but mine is already showing public names instead of login names.

That SSI looks about right to me. Must be a bug with the files. smirk

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
DJ, I had to install it on another domain where PHP isn't supported (and I hate Perl's get() (LWP::Simple)), and I personally think that IFrame is ugly, so I made the file https://www.ubbdev.com/columns/lk/lt_js.txt (rename to .cgi).

Then I used [code][/code].

If you want to add it to your code, be my guest smile

Notes: 1. I think Content-type: text/javascript works better, but I didn't try it. 2. I didn't test it with $vars_config{NonCGIPath} and vars_config.cgi, I typed the full path.

LK,

Thanks, this has already been worked out. The output file will have a .JS extension for browser compatibility and document.write automatically in place. I should have this ready when I fix the display name problem.

Thanks
Casual

Kel Offline
FYI... I found this out when I installed this mod on 6.2 ... The login names are only displayed when you choose display options 10, 11 or 12. I'm guessing it has something to do with the time/date stamp confused ... anyway, I found that if I used display option 6, then I got display name and not login name.

Negative. Just tried it with 6 and have the same issue.

Kel Offline
YIKES!!... you're right! ... well it worked on the last version... don't know what changed! confused confused

*edit*... has anyone figured this bug out yet? ... I'm afraid I can't use this mod with this "feature"... frown

quote:
Fix to not show login name only publicly displayed name
So what is the fix? Now it shows the login-name, but it should be the public-display-name...

quote:
Originally posted by SirGrendel:
quote:
Fix to not show login name only publicly displayed name
So what is the fix? Now it shows the login-name, but it should be the public-display-name...
Sorry guys the fix for the publicly displayed name didn't work. I'll be working with someone soon to correct the problem.

Thanks
Casual

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
why does it work properly for me? It uses the public diplayed names but I use...

Kel Offline
Hmmmm... it's sorta working for me now. I'm using this...

It's a hit and miss really. I can get it to work on display 7... which doesn't have a username at all. But I can't seem to get it to change the display for me now... I go to the vars_latest_thread1.cgi and change it and upload it and CHMOD it to 755 (I tried 777 also to see if it would make a difference) and it won't change. Now I'm stuck on display 7. confused

TheX -

I use as well. The script works, but it only displays login names. If your user's login name is the same as their publically displayed name, that may be why it -appears- to be working for you.

Go to http://vvvcentral.com and look on the left-hand side. You'll see posts attributed to me (dansajd). My publically displayed name is different ([VvV]God_Is_Dead). By the way - I LOVE your webpage design and the Flash intro! I wish I had your talents!

Kel - have you tried clearing the cache and/or adding a new post. The HTML file needs to be re-written in order to see changes and that will only happen if a new post is generated.

Kel Offline
Shadow,

OOPS!!.... forgot to post!! But now I can see that the login names are being displayed regardless... frown

I really love this mod when it's working right... I do hope this bug gets worked out soon.. frown

*waiting patiently*

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
TheX -

I use as well. The script works, but it only displays login names. If your user's login name is the same as their publically displayed name, that may be why it -appears- to be working for you.

My login name is XPerT and my publicly displayed name is TheX.

I only appear on the Latest Threads as TheX, now how do you -explain- that? I am using an older version that I upgraded myself.

Kel Offline
Ya know... I was thinking about trying the mod that I used for 6.2 ... that worked with most of the display option. I'll try it out and report back.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I'm not exactly sure which one I'm using. I know it isn't the latest and since it worked flawlessy I had no reason to change it.

CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
I'm having trouble getting this to work on PostNuke... (I saw LD's post earlier in the thread, but it wasn't answered)

I'm adding this code to a new "PHP Script" Block in PostNuke:

Code
[/code]And I get this error:

[code]
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by TheX:
now how do you -explain- that? I am using an older version that I upgraded myself.

I think that's an explanation in and of itself. wink

It shows the correct name (public) for the user, who has answered, but not for the user who has started the thread.

Can someone tell me which setting I need to adjust in order to keep the original post on the main page? ZRight now every time some posts a reply it changes on my main page as well. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Just added this to my PostNuke, works great. smile

I'm getting the login problem too, I want Public displayed names.

And CTM - Only use the include line, not the

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I added it to www.x-industries.net/index.php to test it there and I'm getting the public displayed names there too. Why is mine different?

sorry to bother everyone again...but my main page is goin nutz...anyone have an answer to this?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by nystreetracing:
sorry to bother everyone again...but my main page is goin nutz...anyone have an answer to this?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Whats your URL and what exactly is going on?

--------
BTW everyone, I've updated the code again... v2.1 should fix the display name problem and added a couple of new options. Please let me know if the display name problem continues or report any bugs here.

Thanks
Casual

quote:
Originally posted by nystreetracing:
Sorry...

Site http://www.nystreetracing.org

UBB http://www.nysro.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Ok, but whats the problem and what exactly are you trying to do?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63