Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
New Version 3.1.5 Released on 2-18-2003

Name: Application Forms v3.1.5

Author: Corona

Description: Creates a fully customized form (textboxes, checkboxes, radio buttons and select lists) to display on a website. Submitted form data is added to a new thread in a setable forum. Form records can be managed with built-in functions by moderators and administrators. Application Forms communicate to the original form submitter via configurable email messages.

Requirements: Sticky Threads by Jordo

Tested On: UBB v6.3 & UBB v6.3.1.1 with Sticky Threads Hack v1.7 by Jordo

Thanks: Jordo for producing and maintaining Sticky Threads, Bookie for providing the buttons, and all UBBDev Hack Authors

Purpose: Application Forms is an add-on to the Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) which enables a website to display a fully customizable input form ( Example Screenshot of a Custom Form ). Administrators create a custom form through the UBB's control panel interface. After a custom form is created, the form is displayed on a website and accessed by an end user to request and gather data. Forms can be displayed in a shtml page by using SSI, or as a standalone page using the UBB's style templates.

When data is entered into the custom Form and submitted by an end user, the data entered into the form is posted to a new thread in any selectable UBB message forum -- the data is placed into a record and neatly displayed to users who have the appropriate access permissions to view the forum. An optional customizable email message is sent to the user who submitted the form (which by default) indicates that the form has been recieved successfully. A preview of the data entered into the form is also included in the reply email.

Admin functions are provided which give an administrator or moderator various automated functions that can be executed on any form. Custom email messages are shipped to the individual who submitted a form when an admin or mod performs admin functions on the submitted form. Admin functions provide various scripting options which can sticky/unsticky a thread, grant or deny the form submitter private access to any forums, provide status reports, edit any submitted form, email a custom message, etc... Forms can be managed by moderators with a set of features included with this release.

This release is appropriate for gathering data with an Application type form for a game guild, private club, or private member organization. While this release can be used to display any custom form that is desired, and performs varying tasks for various status settings, the included admin functions may not be appropriate for some situations. Admin functions are not required to be used, (forms will work without using the admin functions), but the admin functions in this release may not be appropriate for various organizations. Please read more about the admin functions for further information.

Screenshots, Information and Download:
Application Form Mods Information and Download

Demo:
Demo the Mod - A Gaming Form

Future Plans:
  • Rewrite admin functions to be customizable and provide a proper fit with any type of input form (paypal, credit card orders, trouble ticket systems, software request and shipment upon acceptance, etc...).

Support Questions? Feel free to post your support problems here, or contact me via email.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
nice work as always C... it's shaping up quite nicely smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
except I don't see a download link tipsy

edit: nevermind, it seems that your site is down at the moment

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I see that it is online again this link worx:
http://test.altereddestiny.net/AppformScreenshots/

Lots of Errors:

When setting up the application config, always says missing field template.

Also get this error:

LoadStyleTemplate no longer takes a number.Backtrace: ultimatebb.cgi:651 -> sub main::RequireCode

Backtrace: ubb_lib.cgi:1843 -> sub (eval)

Backtrace: ubb_registration_application.cgi:5 -> sub main::LoadStyleTemplate

Backtrace: ubb_lib.cgi:1859 -> sub main::Tracer

Sponsored Links
How's the hack running now? Was Raichu's problem solved?

I'm beginning to think this mod doesn't do what I think it does.

I'm looking for something that will allow my members to make a report thread based on a form I set up. We have members who fish particular lakes and want to report back on temperature, successful depths, etc. I want a set form so that they all appear the same. Is that what this mod will do? I don't want to have to approve each form that's submitted.

Thanks for your attention.

Nice hack Corona. smile

Will test soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Junethesis:
I'm looking for something that will allow my members to make a report thread based on a form I set up. We have members who fish particular lakes and want to report back on temperature, successful depths, etc. I want a set form so that they all appear the same. Is that what this mod will do? I don't want to have to approve each form that's submitted.
Can anyone here answer this?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Any response to the down links?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Catcherman -- This hack will not do what your looking for. Each form submittal will be posted under a unique thread.

AllenAyres -- Sorry about the downed link from time to time -- i been turning off my server quite a bit lately as its usage is extremely limited. I'll see if i can move the download to another server and update the link. Also, email has been sent.

Btw, if anyone has any problems with this hack, feel free to email me at [email protected] I'll respond when i recieve the emails, and do whatever i can to see your situation resolved. I have not been recieving any legitimate bugs for a very long time on this app, but i have been seeing a bit of misconfiguration and permissions problems which seem to be associated with not setting up permissions on the cgi-bin/variables/non-cgi-bin directories as stated within the UBB installation instructions.

However, if ya do have problems, and need solutions email me. I'm more then happy to help.

Thanks you for your reply Corona. I actually would want each one to be unique...

quote:
Originally posted by catcherman:
Thanks you for your reply Corona. I actually would want each one to be unique...

If you need unique threads per form submittal, this should do what your looking for Catcherman. You can ignore approval of each form and edit out the button display of the admin features if you desire. Give it a shot, but keep a backup of your pre-hacked files so that you can revert to your original ubb if the hack is not to your liking.

You will have to create a completely new template in order to come up with a form that is tailored to accept water temperatures, depths, etc.. All the features to create a custom template are already included in this software package.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It sounds good, that was my thought as well, but there were so many options after installing, I wasn't sure wink

Thanks Corona smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Version 3.1.1 Released

Changes:
  • Additional Customization Options Available in the Control Panel
  • Consolidated Options within the Control Panel
  • Cleaned up the installation text

To upgrade from V3.1.0 to V3.1.1:
  • download the new version and replace the following files:
  • - ubb_applicants.cgi
  • - cp_appform.cgi
  • - ubb_applicants_misc.cgi
  • - cp_vars_appform.pl
  • Enter the control Panel
  • Select Application Form Settings from the Primary Menu
  • Click Update Application Form Settings

Man you do quick work! Thanks again, and I'll let you know when I get it running.

anybody has done it ?
plz send me your ultimatebb.cgi which is hacked

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by tyfa:

plz send me your ultimatebb.cgi which is hacked
against license agreement tipsy

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Recieved this question Via Email:
Yeah things seem to be working just fine. The only little thing that is different then the earlier version of the Application Forms Hack is when someone posts a new application in the thread title it no longer shows their level and class. Here is an example of the old version vs new.

Old:
Sticky Pending: Tindair (58 Cleric)

New:
Sticky Pending: Tindair

Is there any way I can get the level and class back in the subject title?
The hardcoded level and class in the subject title has been removed to make the application forms hack a bit more viable for people to display custom forms which are not specific to EQ only.

However, you can hard code the subject line to appear similiar to the old style by performing the following:

Open ubb_new_application.cgi

## FIND:
$in{topic_subject} = $in{("Field" . (&FirstFieldNumber(0)))};

## REPLACE WITH:
$in{topic_subject} = $in{("Field" . (&FirstFieldNumber(0)))} . " (" . $in{Field7} . " " . $in{Field5} . ")";

Bug Repair:

Setting the sticky on submital option to 'do not change' or 'remove sticky' persisted in sticking the thread. This has been fixed.

Download v3.1.1 and replace the following files:
ubb_new_application.cgi
ubb_applicants_misc.cgi

Thanks Catcherman for the bug report!

No problem!

One thing I want to let all of you know is that this is the most versatile, value adding mod I have ever added to a community. I have had very few bugs to report - and that's even while using the mod for something it was originally not intended to do.

Corona has put a lot of effort into making this mod and it's self evident. I hope that more of you can find an application for this on your boards. Also, Corona has been available, and extremely helpful, to help me customize his code into my Fishing Report feature that will soon be available on my site.

I've been fine tuning my application of the mod and will soon be able to release it to my community. Check it out at http://www.catcherman.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi - in a day or so (from 8/26/02). The Fishing Reports forum is there now, but it's private until I finish tweaking it. You can see my submittal form right now at http://www.catcherman.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=agreeapplication just to get an idea of what this is capable of doing.

Thanks for this GREAT hack Corona!

- Cheers

Bug repair:

When in the control panel and creating or editing a new template, a delete table option was not available. This has been fixed -- empty tables can now be deleted.

Download v3.1.1 and replace the following files:
cp_appform.cgi
cp_vars_appform_template.cgi

Thanks again Catcherman for submitting the bug!

Glad to hear the hack is working well for you Catcherman -- your custom form looks very good. However, users need to register on your board before the form will show to them.

Mashie: I've fixed the problem with illegible emails being sent out when someone registers through the forms on a board with admin notification enabled. The repair will be available in the next version release.

Next Version:
Complete overhaul to the registration routines:
  • Now displays and operates properly with coppa agreements enabled
  • The form rules page now contains a cancel button
  • Allows email verification while registering
  • The confirm page now forwards the user to the appropriate location
  • Admin Notification of Registrations now ships out a legible email
  • Suspending Registrations no longer shuts off the forms from displaying to users who are already registered.
  • Submitting a new form with a blank first field now displays the correct missing field text message.
  • The registration page accessed from the application forms hack appears and operates just like the one included with UBB

Should be released soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Corona:
Glad to hear the hack is working well for you Catcherman -- your custom form looks very good. However, users need to register on your board before the form will show to them.
An intended feature. Works perfectly for me. smile

hey corona, plz build your hack linke this: http://www.web-app.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

the forum of web-app will be replaced by UBB forum, and user can login at homepage. ....

quote:
hey corona, plz build your hack linke this: http://www.web-app.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

the forum of web-app will be replaced by UBB forum, and user can login at homepage. ....
Im not following you Tyfa. Tell me more of what you want this hack to do, or more specifics on how you want it to be like web-app.

oh, you're my hope, because i'm not programmer.
I wonder can you combine web-app and UBB ?
I found that web-app is very good portal. if you replace their forum by UBB forum, it will great.
then user can login, logout, regist, view latest post ... on home (web-app)

web-app is Free, and you can download here: http://www.web-app.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=downloads&cat=webapp

quote:
oh, you're my hope, because i'm not programmer.
I wonder can you combine web-app and UBB ?
I found that web-app is very good portal. if you replace their forum by UBB forum, it will great.
then user can login, logout, regist, view latest post ... on home (web-app)

web-app is Free, and you can download here: http://www.web-app.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=downloads&cat=webapp
Im sure they could be combined, but your question is better suited for the Mod Ideas and Suggestions Forum as it has absolutely nothing to do with the Applicant Forms mod.

can't you include your mof huh corona ?
I think you can do it.

New Version 3.1.2 Release!
  • Added Functionality to support Email Verification when registering
  • Added Cancel button to form rules page
  • Register Confirm Page should forward the user to the appropriate location
  • Admin Notification of Registrations ships out legible emails
  • Password Verification ships out legible emails
  • Suspending Registrations no longer shuts off the forms from displaying to registered users
  • Submitting a new form with a blank first field now displays the correct error message
  • Registration, Login, Confirm, and transfer pages show as the style template dictates
  • Registration page within the hack appears and operates just like the UBB registration pages
  • Coppa Protection enabled forums are now supported
  • Status Levels can be hidden from the users view
  • Email Address can be hidden from the users view
  • Websites using the hack with SSI should transition properly
  • Empty Title Tables can be deleted
  • Submit Sticky persistence has been fixed

Upgrade from v3.1.1 to v3.1.2 Instructions are found here: Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 Instructions
Download the new version here: Application Forms V3.1.2

If you experience any troubles, please let me know!

thanks nice-man!

Using 6.3.1 there were a only 2 syntax things that didnt fit exactly, but close enough I could figure them out.

Its working great in my sandbox, going live as soon as I get it tweaked

thanks and good job smile

(edited by Chrimera)
Someon playing in my sandbox created an application and then deleted the thread frown
I had a practice application I made, stepped through the process all the way to Decline. But when I try to edit the worrksheet, I get this error:

This Template is in use by 2 application(s) and can not be saved or closed until all applications using the template are removed.

removed from where?

thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Chrimera:
I had a practice application I made, stepped through the process all the way to Decline. But when I try to edit the worrksheet, I get this error:

This Template is in use by 2 application(s) and can not be saved or closed until all applications using the template are removed.

removed from where?

thanks
Hello Chrimera,

Glad the hack installed with minimal trouble on 6.3.1.

Each application will be found in the forum number that you have set as the 'Form Forum Number' option (setting found in the control panel under 'Application Form Settings').

Head to that forum and examine the posts. You should find 2 threads that have applications posted in them. Basically, the warning message is telling you that you must remove all active applications before being allowed to edit the template. To remove the applications you can either
a) delete the thread which contains an application
or
b) open the thread, press the 'edit' button, check the delete application checkbox, then click the submit button.

After all active applications are deleted, you will be able to edit the template.

What I think happened is I posted a preview for some people back to the sandbox. They deleted the thread after making an application. And oddly it created the *.app fine and I deleted it, still get the error. Ill keep working on it, thought I dont know cgi/perl I can pick out patterens and look for anomolies.

Oh can I just replace the worksheet to solve the errors (I dont care if any apps dissappear at this point) with the original to over come this?

If your certain all applications have been deleted, try entering the control panel, and within the maintenance menu select 'Applicants File Rebuild". Then see if your template can be edited.

YOU are a life saver.

And I am an ID10T for not trying it laugh

Chrimera,

Happy to see the problem resolved.

So I can understand why the applicants file needed a rebuild, mind if i ask a question? After you installed the hack, the forum specified under 'form forum number' - did you change the access of this forum to private or public or vice versa? In other words, did you check or uncheck the 'Restrict Viewing and Writing of Posts To Administrators, the forum Moderator, and other authorized* users' option found within 'Forum Settings' - 'Details'?

I made no changes

I think it was a freak thing, but Ill keep you posted smile

that does NOT exist in either the orginal 6.3.1.1 zip file, nor in the 6.3.1 code. Where exactly is it?
I have so far wasted my time because people have claimed this hack is working when in fact the instructions are incorrect.
Okay,

I am now more than a little pissed at the non-existant lines that this hack says to find:

public_forum_page.pl

$vars_wordlets{closed_topic}

that does NOT exist in either the orginal 6.3.1.1 zip file, nor in the 6.3.1 code. Where exactly is it?
I have so far wasted my time because people have claimed this hack is working when in fact the instructions are incorrect.Did you happen to notice this forums description? The part that says 'V6.3x BETA Mods'? This mod is a beta, installers are the beta-testers and this is why its posted here instead of within the v6.3x Finished Mods forum.

This software works perfectly fine on ubb boards version 6.3.0 -- as the code was tested on v6.3.0 as indicated within the original mod description. Others have installed to 6.3.1 & v6.3.1.1 without many reported troubles, but im also geussing the multiple v6.3.1 and v6.3.1.1 installers knew enough perl to figure out where to place the listed code chunk. 8 Posts up, Chrimera says he/she installed to 6.3.1, and while there were 2 syntax inconsistencies in the install instructions, he/she was able to install the hack. However, Chrimera didn't state the syntax inconsistencies with v6.3.1 thus I couldn't repair them.

Anyhows, thanks for pointing out an inconsistency in the BETA VERSION installation instructions. The installation manual has been upgraded to show exactly where to put the code in v6.3.1. Re-download the software, examine the new installation text and rehack public_forum_page.pl. Note: Chimera says there were 2 inconsistencies, so you might find another somewhere -- if you do, please post it and i'll repair it as soon as possible.

Please attempt to be a bit more charismatic and not rant when reporting bugs -- thats what this forum is for. Software within this forum is prone to various inconsistencies or bugs, its the nature of these hacks. If you have additional troubles with installing or operating this mod, please post the issues here and i'll be more then happy to help you out.
quote:
Originally posted by anon90:
Okay,

I am now more than a little pissed at the non-existant lines that this hack says to find:

public_forum_page.pl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63