Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
so that means when the user is logged in and run thru the topics they get a pop up every time they come on the forum summary even if they saw there PM already...hmmm

I remember the PM mod used to refresh as soon as the user saw his PM

Sponsored Links
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Maurice, that's Charles' hack, not this one. tipsy

Ohhh Thanks for clearing that up LK (again.. laugh )

Hi is there a MH file for this?

Can someone finish this mod?

It does not refresh the counter when the user already read the message so the pop up keeps popping up untill the user log of.

I think this mod is one a lot of people want on their boards.

Sponsored Links
Can someone help me with this mod? I'm getting desperate. This is the second time I've installed it and I followed the instructions to the letter, but it still doesn't work. It keeps saying 0 new messages no matter how many new ones I get. I can't figure out wtf it doesn't work.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Try this one, I have no idea how it compares to the code you've been using, but I know it works in 6.3.1.

https://ubbdev.com/db/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000049

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Isn't that the exact same code =)? Takes you back to this forum.

It's in mhx, I haven't tried that version. Guess I've got nothing to lose, so I'll install MultiHack. Sigh.

Man... I don't believe this... This crap screwed my entire board up!!! After the multihack patched the files (it all showed ok), I uploaded them, and BLAM! server errors all over. Luckily I've managed to restore the boards which seem to work, but I can't access the control panel any more!
Every time I load cp.cgi I get this:

"Error
An error has occurred:

Undefined subroutine &main::AppendAdminLog called at cp.cgi line 261.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!"

God damn!!! frown frown

Sponsored Links
I runned the mhk file and there seems to be a error in the ubb_lib somewhere, did not have the time to see what causes it

But the only files that you need to backup are the ultimatebb.cgi, ubb_lib.cgi and the forum_summary so I d onot understand why you have to restore the cp.cgi Gladius and don't swear you will get there just stay calm..lol

I got there... sorry about that. Of course, what got me totally crazed is the fact that there wasn't even any modification to any cp files going on, and I nearly went mad trying to figure out why the hell this happened. Of course, nothing helped. Until I started checking files one by one... sure enough, cp_lib.cgi was somehow corrupted on the server... I replaced it and it works now. THANK GOD!!

Still, there's something seriously wrong with this multihack file! It should be taken down until this is fixed, so that more people don't get screwed like I did... I'll definitely remember my first excursion into the "safe" world of MultiHack. :rolleyes:

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I used it this past week on my personal site running 6.3.1. Just checked it now and there are no errors. Did it pass your analysis? Sounds lie you have other problems if your cp file was corrupted as well. This only affects 3 files and the changes are pretty straight forward.

BTW, there is no excuse for language like that in these forums. That's your only warning.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
There obviously are errors, I only got the cp corruption after I backed up the original files before the hack, this had nothing to do with the actual hack. It passed the analysis without problems, but didn't work on the server, it only produced ISE errors all over. I've installed enough hacks to know that there's something either wrong with the hack itself or the win98 MultiHack I'm using. If it didn't produce any errors upon patching, and it didn't work after uploading to the server, it's very clear to me that something went wrong with the patching process, or that the code is flawed somewhere.

Did you actually try using MultiHack to patch the files AllenAyres? Or did you do it manually?

Just to give it the benefit of a doubt, I redownloaded the win98 version of MultiHack and went through the whole hack again. Again, it all showed no errors. And again, as soon as I uploaded the files, the topic listing and anything subsequent of the ultimatebb.cgi would produce Internal Server Errors. In short, no, there's no way I'm doing something wrong.

Must be a combination of mods, I am getting the same errors Gladius

I have hardly any other mods (except original code modification, which couldn't be causing this) installed. The only hacks of note that I have are Newsfader and Latest Threads... Do you have either of those maurice?

I have Latest threads but that would be no problem I guess.

Try this one : http://www.jordodesigns.com/mods/PmSys620.txt

I just installed it and it seems to work steady

I think I tried that one before and it didn't work for me either... But then again, half of the code in that is different since it's from 6.2.x... I tried adding into the replace code the stuff that was missing in the hack, but it didn't work for me. Kept showing 0 new messages... (I'm on 6.3.1.)

Man, out of 50+ hacks I've installed over the years, I haven't had so much trouble with any... And still the result is NOTHING... I'd laugh, but it's sad, not funny...

So is anyone going to check out what the problem is or are we doomed to no PM Inbox?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
sure, be my guest and let us know what you find

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
If I could fix it myself I obviously wouldn't bother looking for help here. :rolleyes:

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
And if I didn't require at least a couple hours of sleep, I'd have it done already too wink I'll get it, but I gots to finish the smilie one first smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
What? Sleep? That's for weaklings. Real men hack their night through! laugh

quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
Try this one, I have no idea how it compares to the code you've been using, but I know it works in 6.3.1.

https://ubbdev.com/db/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000049
For what it is worth, I downloaded this Multihack file and installed it on my 6.3.1 without errors and it works great! Nice Job!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
aaahhhh.. thanks smile That's the info I was looking for. There must have been something else causing errors for the others. A conflict in javascript or something as it worked well for me on a couple of sites. smile

thanks smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I suspect it must be the Newsfader then... It's the only other hack that I have that touches the same files as this one... public_forum_summary.pl specifically... Which is I suppose where the error occurs, since ultimatebb.cgi loads fine, but no specific forums do.

quote:
Originally posted by Gladius:
I suspect it must be the Newsfader then... It's the only other hack that I have that touches the same files as this one... public_forum_summary.pl specifically... Which is I suppose where the error occurs, since ultimatebb.cgi loads fine, but no specific forums do.
I have news fader installed, I needed to update it, here is my MHK for News fader

Ok, I'll check it out...

It comes up with an error in cp_common.pl Add After. And I did this on the original file, straight out from the zip.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be causing me a problem.
I get an error in ultimatebb.cgi
malformed header from script. Bad header=TEXT/HTML

I did find it
print header(
-cookie => [$pntf_cookie_data, $my_pms_cookie],
-charset => "$masterCharset"
-type => "text/html",
);
was a simple missing , in line -charset => "$masterCharset"
not sure why this happened but thought it might help someone else

I give up. Hopefully in a year or two Infopop will have this as standard. Wheeee. :rolleyes:

I installed it, got a few errors reguarding $pms

I rehacked due to some confusion about "if you have this hack do this, if not do do that. Narrowed that down to interface error laugh . And now she works. Well on my test site anyway. Going live tonight wish me luck.

The link to this download is broken, is there any way to get ahold of the txt for this hack? I've looked for alternative PM Inbox mods, but there do not seem to be any at all for 6.3x.

Any advice on how to get ahold of a 6.3x PM Inbox mod would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

It seems as though he has re-organised his site. I have located the required file here:

http://www.shark5060.net/files/ubb_pm_sys_63.txt

I implemented this mod and it works great. One probelm with the instruction/code-changes, though:

The string of characters it says to find in "cp_vars_style_core.pl" does not exist within that file (in 6.3.1.1, at least -- maybe it was changed since 6.3.1)

However, skipping that one change to "cp_vars_style_core.pl" is not a huge deal, the mod still works fine. It looks like that skipped code would enable a different, more alerting color when there are new PMs, which would be very nice but is not required.

However, if anyone knows how to fix that, let us know -- I'd like to have the color change feature too.

Anyway, great mod -- a big "thanks" to the developers!!!

Correction on my last post, there is a problem with not editing the "cp_vars_style_core.pl" file. The problem is if you ever want to edit your style sheets, submitting the edit provides the following eror:

--------------------------------------------
You did not complete all required fields

You did not complete: new_pm_color
--------------------------------------------

But since the change was not made to "cp_vars_style_core.pl", you can't complete new_pm_color. And therefore you can't shange the style sheet.

Can anyone help with updating that one line? Thanks!!

Get rid of the line in cp_styles.cgi and then that won't happen.

Thank You! smile That did it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63