Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Name: DPK's SmilieMod.

Description: Minor update to 6.3, this will scan your graemlin directory, allowing you to choose which smilies to add. You'll also have the option of drop-down lists of your smilies, clickable smilies (a la default ubb), or a combo of both. Very handy if your forum uses many smilies.

Link: MultiHack File

Demo: none

Requirement: UBB™ 6.3

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
Awesome, I've always used the old 6.1 version of the hack smile

Shame it's one of those again where I have to go and extract the hack for a .txt file.. I never trust MultiHack wink

Cheers,
Oblivion

Ditto, I like to add my own customisation and MH makes that so much harder. It can also screw up some of the changes you make.. v.annoying.

Please stop releasing MH only mods, please.. Do a text version as well.

Will try later and MH rules smile

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Mark, if that's your problem, just follow the steps inside MHK window, and choose to install only to get the extra files.

Sponsored Links
Will you end up Docing this AA?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I don't think it's worth documenting mhk files while you can just click on '>>' tipsy

*Groan* Fine I'll do it by myself.

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
I have extracted it into a .zip file with .txt instructions and graphics.

If it's alright by Allen and DPK I can upload it and provide a link for those who do not use MultiHack.

MultiHack always makes Windows crash when it´s installed and I think it brought a virus that makes the computer always dial-up for nothing

Sponsored Links
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Doublehead, MultiHack doesn't bring any virus for sure. Maybe it crashes old Windowses, but it doesn't bring viruses.

BTW, your sig image is 200x119, please make it max 150x50. smile

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
Is there a way to get this hack working on the 'post new poll' page and 'post new calendar event' page? smile

A zip file with txt and images would be nice Oblivion. wink

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
I don't think it's worth documenting mhk files while you can just click on '>>' tipsy

I agree... you get a text file then ask one millyun questions about your install mistakes... tipsy

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion Knight:
Is there a way to get this hack working on the 'post new poll' page and 'post new calendar event' page? smile

Forgot about that... I'll update the mhp file for that soon.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I don't see why I should be penalized because I prefer not to use multihack. Why is it such an issue to provide text instructions? I prefer having control over the install because my templates are extremely hacked and don't contain all the info that the mhk looks for sometimes.

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
http://www.liberifatali.com/umbrella/ubbhacks/smilie63.zip
Allen and DPK. If you want this removed, just give me a shout.

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight

[EDIT]
The .zip file will be updated when the .mhp file is updated by Allen. laugh

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks OB smile

Everyone should understand that I'll be updating the mhp...

quote:
Originally posted by XPerT.x:
I don't see why I should be penalized because I prefer not to use multihack. Why is it such an issue to provide text instructions? I prefer having control over the install because my templates are extremely hacked and don't contain all the info that the mhk looks for sometimes.

No one is penalizing anyone... be my guest and make a text file. I worked until 3 am on the mhk, are you saying I should be penalized into less sleep so you guys can have a text file and then complain when you can't install it right? It's extremely simple to update an mhp to whatever differences you might have in your own files... that's how I got the mod from 6.1 - 6.2 - 6.3 status. I made the mhk for 6.2 but DPK never released it. If you must have a text file for any mods I release in mhk format, please make one.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I think it's great that you build the mhk files, it seems that the hack wouldn't get out unless you and LK are doing them these days. It just seemed that some negative comments were being thrown at the people that chose to do it manually, and I don't believe that I've been hammering anyone with stupid questions about these hacks.

quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
quote:
Originally posted by LK:

I agree... you get a text file then ask one millyun questions about your install mistakes... tipsy
but still some of us like editing files by hand to kill problems better or (like myself) dont wanna risk a auto install on ahacked forum, hmm mabey they sould put something in multi hack that will generate a text file.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
multihack generates text files tipsy

The way I do mhk's on hacked forums is upload the changed files and make sure it works before adding those changed files into the general collection of files I use for backups, this isn't any different than what you should be doing if you modify manually. The advantage of the multihack is that you can analyze the changes to your files before you even attempt the install - takes less than 10 seconds. If there are differences because you've already modified your files it's just a matter of tweaking the mhk in edit mode. As long as the mhk has been tested and passes on other sites, there's no reason to think your mhk is magically broken and will not install on your files.

I really don't think "highly hacked" forums will have problems with this mhk... very few mods touch that section of the templates. smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:

The way I do mhk's on hacked forums is upload the changed files and make sure it works before adding those changed files into the general collection of files I use for backups, this isn't any different than what you should be doing if you modify manually. The advantage of the multihack is that you can analyze the changes to your files before you even attempt the install - takes less than 10 seconds. If there are differences because you've already modified your files it's just a matter of tweaking the mhk in edit mode. As long as the mhk has been tested and passes on other sites, there's no reason to think your mhk is magically broken and will not install on your files.

I really don't think "highly hacked" forums will have problems with this mhk... very few mods touch that section of the templates. smile

see that just shows how much i use it ? wink

multihack is a great thing, i agree, im just a old by hand kinda person ya know smile , i like to know whats going on, hehe, ive always respected the work of the hackers here, unlike anthor forums hacking site where you sometimes have to pay a arm and a leg for a good hack, its always been free here smile .

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Give it a shot... you'll never go back wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Give it a shot... you'll never go back wink

hack when i ran a 6.05 i did, on one hack, it messed up some stuff, i never went back smile , i dont mind hacking by hand at all.

I even prefer to hack by feet instead of using MH wink

I would also -- personally -- like to see hacks with text files for a few reasons:

1) I have customised templates
2) I like to be able to tweak mods as I go along
3) I just prefer text files wink
4) I can't make text files, since there isn't a Linux version of MultiHack and that is my OS of choice.

Content Queen
Content Queen
quote:

I'm with Allen on this.

I take the text files and make them into Multihack files ... most of the time by searching manually for the "correct code" in the different files ... and cutting and pasting.

I also have worked the opposite way. Go into a Multihack file and find the code and search for it manually.

With my current board (which I am going to be upgrading to 6.3 SOON), I have a lot of hacks; so I had to use both of the above methods to find altered code, etc.

Then, as Allen has said, you can instantly test the code to see if it installed correctly.

I find it much easier to manipulate things with Multihack. Tremendous program.

Sue
adwoff.com
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You guys are welcome to make text files. With up to 18 hours/day here, I really don't have time to add more to my plate. If you want'em and will update them... make all the text files you want smile I'll make mhk's for those who want them smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Got the following error, when clicking on a smilie in the smilie-window:
[code][/code]frown

Sorry, found it. It has to be "replier", not REPLIER.

Content Queen
Content Queen
Hey Allen: an FYI -- in your Multihack file, you have two steps for deleting code in the cp_graemlins.cgi file

This is the code you are supposed to delete:

[code][/code]In your file, in the first cp_graemlins.cgi mod you tell it to delete this once; in the second mod, you tell it to delete it twice.

When you analyze the hack, everything's cool. When you install the hack, you get an error message. eek laugh

If you have a dupe mod in there, one needs to be deleted; if it's not a dupe mod, then something is out of step. laugh

I hope this makes sense.

Sue
adwoff.com
Content Queen
Content Queen
Okay, I have a question about hacking the JCTemplates

In the public_new_topic_form.pl file found in the templates' folder, there are two pieces of code that must be hacked.

I checked the public_new_topic_form.pl file found in the JCTemplates, and found the first piece of code, but the closest to the second was this:

Code
[/code]This is the code I was searching for:

Code
</pre></div></div>And this is the code that I am supposed to replace it with:<br><br> [code]
So my question is this: do I replace that piece of code in the JCTemplate version of public_new_topic_form.pl with that code?

Or is that gonna make this too easy? laugh tipsy

Sue
adwoff.com
Content Queen
Content Queen
quote:
Originally posted by SirGrendel:
Sorry, found it. It has to be "replier", not REPLIER.

FYI for anyone else, the REPLIER in the ubb_smilie.cgi file needs to be in lower case.

I also figured out the code in the JCTemplates--although I may have taken out too much! eek

Gotta investigate it.

Sue
adwoff.com
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thank you Sue - headed to an Astros game.... I'll update the file late tonight laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Content Queen
Content Queen
I went to an Astros game ... once upon a time. When they were still in the Astrodome!

I did figure out the code I deleted out in the JCTemplates. Everything's fine with that hack now! laugh

Sue
adwoff.com
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Enro... er, Astros Field is a much better ballpark than the dome... you are much more a part of the game smile BTW, Astros cam back from a 5-0 deficit and won 7-5 laugh

Oh yeah, mhp updated with bugfixes laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Question:

Why does the drop-down Smilie box work when placed above the message area and not when placed below it?

This code:

&smilie_generate("smilie_js");
&smilie_generate("smilie_dropdown");

...only works when situated above the message area? Why? I want the drop-down Smilie box to appear where the "Instant Graemlins" area is and I can't move it and have the Javascript for the drop-down box function.

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
quote:
Enro... er, Astros Field is a much better ballpark than the dome... you are much more a part of the game smile BTW, Astros cam back from a 5-0 deficit and won 7-5 laugh

Oh yeah, mhp updated with bugfixes laugh

How soon can I expect the addon for posting polls and new calendar events using this hack to be done..? smile

This IS no doubt my favorite hack of all time. I have gained some nice features in the last six months but the version i had of this hack on i beleive 6.0 was flawless!!! Thanks DPK!

I'll get to the point wink

I REALLY want to get this hack installed. 6.3.1 seems to be the most stable thing i have run into since 6.1 or so.

I am running JC Templates which seems to complicate some of the hacks i am gathering....

Myself and my forum would really like this feature. Is anyone running it successfully with 6.3.1 and JC Templates? help

Great site and great work all!! thumbsup

It is a testament that i have been a member since last sept it appears when i started my board on a home server. It shocked me when i just posted a minute ago and realized it was my first post! eek You guys must be good laugh

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Okay, I have this installed for the third time and I'm stumped. Everything works fine except that the smilies are all listed twice in the smilie_box. I changed the number of rows and columns but only the second set of smilies is effected. If I add or remove smilies both sets are effected. If I turn the smilie box off it disappears just like it's supposed too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63