Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
LK,
I installed this ages ago on 6.2... and to stop everyone that entered the board being asked to change their name because it was already being used you gave me a fix that made it when anyone joined it would add "-Ox" to the end of their name thereby making it unique. Just installing it again on different server and latest version - can you give me it again?

thanks

Sponsored Links
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
In CP, go to Chat Settings and make "Extension" "-Ox"

ok I think that's working - although if I log in as A. Blonde which is one of my usernames it says erroneous nickname?

Also - and I had this problem with the last board - on my main page where it says chat it doesn't say "there are currently such and such people in the chatroom click here to join it" - it just says nothing on the main page, even though I've got those settings in chat mod wordlets (haven't changed from default) ?

board:
http://www.scotiwis.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb.php

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
1) Try to remove the dot. Remind me to fix it in the 6.4 version smile

2) Upload chat.cgi from the ZIP file to cgi-bin folder.

thanks - success !

now all I have to do is get my license key transferred to new domain - have emailed them hopefully they can do it.

A couple of other things:

1. With the old one when I join as The Webmaster it isn't allowed and you changed it before so that when I joined as The Webmaster it would show as The W3bmaster or The W3bmaster-Ox which would allow it. Can you advise again how you did this ?

2. The first 3 of my graemlins/smilies don't work - any idea?

3. When you join - how do you get rid of all the crap that comes up - eg, WALLCHOPS/MODES etc etc - I just want it to say Welcome !

4. Is there any way possible to connect to the chat board when I or anybody else is at work - ie behind a firewall ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
1. ubb_chat.cgi, under:
code:
Code
		$nick .= $vars_chat{Extension} if $vars_chat{Extension};

Add
code:
[qb]
Code
		$nick =~ s/Webmaster/W3bmaster/i;
[/qb]
2. no

3. I don't think it's possible, the IRC server generates it...

4. I have no idea, but in chat settings you can choose to show some more fields in the connection box, enable all of them and try to find something similar

thanks again LK. I have tried everything I can think of for no.2 (the first 3 smilies not appearing). Could you possibly see a reason why they're not showing up?

thanks

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
There are some problems in the applet for big images. If you choose to use regular smilies for that (in CP - Chat Settings - Filter Vals, choose for example smile2, rolleyes2, etc and then make X2 the stock UBB's X), it should work.

LK I've had some requests from users to be able to send people an invitation to join the chatroom, even if the person sending the request is not registered or logged in. Can you possibly hack it somehow to allow guests to invite members into the chatroom? This would be much appreciated on my board.

I get this error when I try to run cp.cgi

Software error:
"use" not allowed in expression at cp.cgi line 55, at end of line syntax error at cp.cgi line 55, near "pm use constant " BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at cp.cgi line 56.

Sponsored Links
LK? any ideas?

I'm getting the following error on my CP:

An error has occured:

Undefined subroutine &main::AlternateColors called at C:/Client Websites/www.catcherman.com/web/ubb/Templates/cp_vars_chat.pl line 19.

I need help here guys.
I have installed this chat mod three times on my test site with the same results, zilch!!
Everything appears to be correct but you can only enter the chat forum by clicking on the category header, once inside which ever command you attempt it generates a new blank page. Here's my test site addy, anyone point me to where I'm wrong??

http://www.themotorhead.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
havoq, try to rehack cp.cgi from a clean version.

catcherman, it requires 6.3.1+.. If you use 6.3.0, remove all "&AlternateColors;" from cp_vars_chat.pl

BRIT, you got a test user/pass?

I have if I can find it, for ftp access?? or for cp access??

LK ... I just PM'd you the user/pass for themotorhead.net

this is a user login ... are you looking for ftp access also ?

Thanks LK, that did it.

Some more questions:

1) I invited one of my users into the chat and the pop-up won't stop popping up on his system. It happens everytime he visits a forum.

2) Are there instructions somewhere about what all the stuff in the Chat CP does?

2) Are there instructions somewhere about what all of the 20 buttons at the bottom of the chat window do?

3) Will my non-moderator and non-admin users be seeing these buttons too? Is that appropriate, and if not, how do I remove them from member view?

Thanks for this great mod - it is perfect for my community.

Does anyone else that uses this mod have any of these answers? Please.

1) I invited one of my users into the chat and the pop-up won't stop popping up on his system. It happens everytime he visits a forum.

No idea, what browser is he using?

2) Are there instructions somewhere about what all the stuff in the Chat CP does?

In the Chat CP smile Anything specifically? Seemed fairly self explanatory to me and Im a noob smile

2) Are there instructions somewhere about what all of the 20 buttons at the bottom of the chat window do?

They are basic IRC Commands that unless you own the IRC server serve no real purpose for you. Op and Voicing give users elevated status in the channel. (Voice allows for private conversation among the regualr chat if I recall, OP allows you to voice users, kick, ban etc.) Do a search for IRC commands for more indepth information. Very common and very wide spread, but nothing to fear smile

3) Will my non-moderator and non-admin users be seeing these buttons too? Is that appropriate, and if not, how do I remove them from member view?

No it checks for Admin/Mod status before drwing them, you can turn them off in the Chat CP, just have to stop the jumble of sentences from spinning around to actually spot it smile

I wish to eliminate the text that says:

There is currently ??? person in the chatroom. Click here to join it.

The majority of my "chatters" use mIRC, so the number of people shown would be false, and often times 0. What I want to be able to do, is replace this with my own text, letting everyone know what time we generally Chat every evening.

How do I do this..?

Again, I must have been stuckin {Idiot Mode}, because I didn't even stop to think that this solution was staring me in the face, in the mods_wordlets file...

Hey, at least I'm beginning to respond with a solution to my own questions, so there is hope! laugh

User
User
Is there a version out yet for UBB Classic 6.4?

Daryl Fawcett
LK,

This Mod rocks smile

Thanks!

is there a way to OP and DEOP etc for this applet?

Yes, but in order to receive OP's, a nick must first be registered with nickserv.

I have a select few of my Mods & Admins setup for auto-OP's, when they enter the chatroom.

As an Admin that spends a lot of time in my chatroom, I obviously find it a lot easier to use mIRC since I have a greater level of control over my channel. Most of my "chatters" however, use the Java portal.

is it possible to display the part where it says "there are # of users in the chatroom" lets say on ur main index.html home page? It doesnt use SSI , so is there alternative ways? ANyone?

Hi, I used to have this mod working okay, but then the users started to have problems. When I had a look the error message ended "...Cannot join channel: Only registered, identified users can create channels".

Can anyone tell me what this means and if I am supposed to create a channel? Where?

Also, the line of text which shows how many users are in the chat room on the forums summary page has dosappeared.

Any help much appreciated.

Spiffy.

Oddly enough, and all of a sudden, my CHAT room no longer automatically joins the channel...

Is anyone else having this problem - if you have the chat installed could you check please?

Hi tgreene can you tell me if your chat is working now?

Do I have to set up my own chat server/channel to get this to work? It worked before, but has recently stopped saying that I cannot join a channel.

I'm getting confused, maybe it was just luck that it worked earlier...

It suddenly works fine from the Java based CHAT portal on my site, but not through mIRC, which is what I generally prefer to use...

I only have the CHAT portal as a convenient option for my members that are not IRC savvy.

Ed Offline
Anyone help here with Chat mod.?

Nevermind - I got it working

FYI
You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

uploaded and CHModded all the files, re & re & re-hacked/checked again.
Board: 63.1.1

http://www.tuwclan.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=chat

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
recheck ultimatebb.cgi

done that about 3 times now. everything is copy/paste and correct.

ok my mistake, placed a } in the wrong place. It works now!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63