Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This is the first UBB™ modification I write an essay about... so please bear with me. wink

It shows you how you can make more fields editable from within the UBB™ Control Panel (View/Edit member profiles),
such as the password and email address fields.

This one's for UBB v6.1 - v6.2,
but I wrote another one for UBB v6.05.

You can get it from here .

Sponsored Links
this does not appear to work....

when you change the code as indicated for the email at least it does not allow the email user password thing to work.

I had a user who constantly forgets his password. He emailed me when he changed his ISP and thus did not have his email address working anymore. I have gone in and tried to change this using the code indicated in this "essay" but now it does display in the control panel properly. When I try to send the password to the email address using the link at the top of the control panel it says it that it cannot find the email address indicated even though the control panel opens with it displayed now.

I sat and thought about it.. you do not mention to update the member stat after changing these entries... this is required to make it work properly when changing the email address etc...

there was another "hack" that mentions it as follows:

$vars_wordlets{email_field}:

$public_name: Please note, Changing this does NOT Check for duplicate $vars_wordlets{email_field}.

You should rebuild member stat files after making this change to update emailfile.cgi(in Members)

$user_profile[2]

Hrm... it worked just fine in UBB v6.1.0.3 without rebuilding member stats.

But it makes sense that you need to rebuild the member stats, eheh.

I'll update my text files mentioning the member stats rebuild.

Hell, I didn't even know there was another modification like mine out already! confused

Edit: Thanks for letting me know about this "glitch", I'll be more careful in the future. wink

no problem.... there's actually alot of duplication for many of the "hacks" out here.. some have better methods.. some do it identically...

Really though it ends up being hard to make sure you're not "reinventing the wheel" that someone just put out somewhere already due to the variations in wording. I didnt find the other hack of this by specifically looking for it with terms I'd tend to use. I actually found it by accident. Go figure :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
LOL

Yeah well.. you're right, it isn't easy to search the whole internet for a particular modification that may not even exist at all. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63