Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Is invisible working or did I code something wrong? smile

Sponsored Links
Hello. I've installed the PHP Who's Online yesterday, everything seems swell after I put the other mod to turn %20's into spaces. Although my main concern now is the fact that the timer to tell when users are erased from the 'Who's online' database is never 10, 20 or 45 minutes like I tried setting it, but it seems users are erased after a few seconds. For instance, I check the who's online page, when before I saw "Snake Grunger, roundeye, canistr, and 2 guests.", but now I only see myself, which means they've been quickly erased.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It doesn't work correctly on pages with php extensions, very hit and miss.

diettalk, double-check that you've edited the login template.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Yes, I have Allen. I even reinstalled the hack in a fresh version and it still doesn't seem to be invisible.

quote:
I meant this is the place to correct.
A possible solution would be this

---------
if ($wol_locale =~ /ubb=get_topic/) {
my $start = index($wol_locale,"&f=")+3;
my $stop = index($wol_locale,"&t=");
my $f = substr($wol_locale,$start,$stop-$start);
my $t = substr($wol_locale,$stop+3);

my @this_forum = &GetForumRecord($f);
my @whos_online_this_topic = &OpenTopic($t, $f);
my @whos_online_stats = split(/||/, $whos_online_this_topic[0]);
my $who_online_subject = $whos_online_stats[4];

$wol_locale = qq($vars_wordlets_mods{'whos_online_reading'} "$who_online_subject" $vars_wordlets_mods{whos_online_in} "$this_forum[1]");
} elsif ($wol_locale =~ /ubb=forum/) {
my $start = index($wol_locale,"&f=")+3;
my $f = substr($wol_locale,$start);

my @this_forum = &GetForumRecord($f);

$wol_locale = qq($vars_wordlets_mods{'whos_online_browsing'} "$this_forum[1]");
} else {
$wol_locale = qq($vars_wordlets_mods{'whos_online_viewing'} "$vars_wordlets_mods{whos_online_main_page}");
}
---------

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Minichip ]

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
Minichip, that is not an error. WOL PHP will not open record files so that the main Perl processes will not be locked up reading those forum record files.

qasic

Ok, that's a point. But I think it is ugly if you present the raw url to a user. I guess most of the ubb members don't understand html and the think it is an error (at my board I get al lot of feedback about things that don't look right).

Any possibility to get the neccessary informations?

Coder
Coder
Ok I hate to say that it is possible in some way as I just visited a VB site and they have links clearly displayed along with a record book and it seemed pretty quick too... Or is VB totaly different? I saw they used a PHP extension so I am assuming...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
qasic's code to fix the problem with ; in the url works. Here's the scoop from him:

This piece of code should help you get XHTML working with PHP accelerator with no problems. After the PHP version check near the top of ultimatebb.php, add below:

Code
code:

That'll fix it smile This will be automatically incorporated in WOL PHP later.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I install the Whoi's Online PHP here and translate the wordlets mods in french, but it's always write "guest"... frown It's a bug ?

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
Beta 0.2 Released!

v0.2 - 11/12/2001

(BUGFIX) When the IP of a User changes in a few minutes, the user is shown twice in whos online
(DETAILS) ultimatebb.php changed a bit to parse out based on usernumber, instead of pubname

(BUGFIX) When whos online is shown in ultimatebb.php, it doesn't look like "TheAngel, qasic, 2 Guests", it's look like "Theangel, qasic, 2"
(DETAILS) List most not coded correctly in ultimatebb.php. Fixed.

(DESIGNED) On the site of whos online, sometimes it doesn't show the name of the thread and the forum where a user is, it shows only the link to the thread
(DETAILS) If you visit a link via Perl, it shows the details. If you visit a part via PHP, it only shows the link because the PHP version does not open the associated file to lessen the server load the Perl version is prone to.

(BUGFIX) The link to a thread is not correct... it is "http://free2talk.de/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=000002" but it should be "http://free2talk.de/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=25&t=000002"
(DETAILS) Code was added in ultiamtebb.php to parse by ; without the need to modify php.ini

(BUGFIX) Also spaces in user names show up as '%20'
(DETAILS) Fixed using the urldecode feature of PHP for public names.

(UNABLE TO CONFIRM) doesn't track everyone and only shows me on some pages
(DETAILS) Can you please provide more details?

(UNABLE TO CONFIRM) Is invisible working or did I code something wrong?
(DETAILS) Can you provide more details?

(UNABLE TO CONFIRM) For instance, I check the who's online page, when before I saw "Snake Grunger, roundeye, canistr, and 2 guests.", but now I only see myself, which means they've been quickly erased.
(DETAILS) What's the IP for each of these people?

(BUGFIX) install the Whoi's Online PHP here and translate the wordlets mods in french, but it's always write "guest"...
(DETAILS) Wordletized Guest

qasic

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: qasic ]

ian Offline
thanks alot qasic, i installed the updated hack and it works great (untill now at least)

keep it up, we love you! smile

Warning: chmod failed: Operation not permitted in /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 667

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php:667) in /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 542

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php:667) in /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 543

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php:667) in /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 544

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php:667) in /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 545

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php:667) in /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 546

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php:667) in /vol/home2/sites/site1/web/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 514

Qasic, do you know what could be causing this error?

Its whenever you click on a forum.
URL: http://www.muddyatvs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: RANCH4x4 ]

ian Offline
quote:
did you get the modified ultimatebb.php at:

http://www.qasic.net/getfile.php

Yeap, that was the 2nd thing I did.

Developer
Developer
Ranch4x4,

restore the ultimatebb.php that came with the default UBB. Then, e-mail your FTP/UBB login info so I can look into fixing this. Thanks!

qasic

Problem resolved... thanks Qasic. wink

Developer
Developer
Thanks for helping me out Ranch. The fixes associated with Ranch's UBB will be released this weekend (earlier if major bugs are found in this beta).

qasic

I installed the update.. looks great so far except that if I go from a post to ultimatebb.php it shows...

John - 2 15

I'm assuming that for some reason, I'm not getting the wordlets are not working. Has anyone else noticed this or have I hacked wrong?

Developer
Developer
That's a fairly easy problem to solve.

If you URL at the top is ultimatebb.cgi and you don't have the words, that
means you vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file is not correct.

However, if the URL at the top is ultimatebb.php and the wordlets don't
show up BUT they do show up in ultimatebb.cgi, then all you need to do is
resubmit your Who's Online PHP settings and then they should show up.

If by this step, the wordlets still do not show up, you are missing some
code inside cp.cgi - rehack cp.cgi using the Mod_Wordlets_ReadMe.txt file
and then resbumit your Who's Online PHP settings. This should finally
clear it up.

qasic

Question: Can someone explain how WOL PHP interacts with the cache.

[Begin layman speak] I would think that on a somewhat busy board like mine (18000 page views daily) the forum list display is hardly ever served from the cache because the last post is always changing ona minute by minute basis. Since I usually have anywhere from 30-100 people 'on-line' at any time, i assume that the WOL listing would be updating on a minute by minute basis and therefore again, not many pages served from the cache. Is this how it 'works'.

Sorry if this is a dumb Q. I'm great at installing hacks I just don't have a clue how one writes 'em laugh

Steve

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
until the bugs are progressively worked out so that it can read the titles, etc. can this be set so that if you are on the php forum summary that it automatically says Viewing: Main Page and a list of forums can be selected from so that if you are in f=30 it would correspond to the correct forum name (ie: Browsing: V6.1 Mods in Beta)? It wouldn't have to read the data files to know that it was in a particular forum or on the main page.

Thread titles wouldn't be fixed still, but a good bit would be and wouldn't have to read any data files. (this would actually be a decent idea for the perl version as well, since forum titles and main pages rarely change and could be updated from the cp when they were - no data reading of forum titles would be needed.)

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Another thing to "pretty up" the WOL page. If you can't read thread titles, can you give it a general title of "topic" so it can say:

AllenAyres Reading: " Topic " in V6.1 Mods in Beta

The forum title would come from the previously setup list of forum titles.

These 2 improvements would make a huge difference in the way the WOL page is displayed.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Wanted to ask, if there is another possibility then copy and paste all the time!???

Thanks.. I will give it a try tonight...

Update... all fixed. Thanks.

John

quote:
[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: diettalk ]

Here are a couple errors to hash over

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: callwol() in /home/www/reeftalk/test/ubb/cache-PLU4K53J/ubb_files/forum_page/Forum1/forum1-20.cgi on line 229

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: callwol() in /home/www/reeftalk.com/test/ubb/cache-PLU4K53J/ubb_files/summary/summary.html on line 169

I cleared cache and even tried deleting these files and recreated the errors then also.

Seems if your in a forum and try clocking back on the name of your board you get the one error and the other whe trying to enter a forum through a category.

go to http://www.reeftalk.com/test/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and play and you will see what I mean.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]

Developer
Developer
Steve55: To put it simply, a file in the cache calls WOL. If you don't get served a cached file, it's obvious that Perl will perform the WOL related stuff. Does this clarify it?

AA: All appearance and feature sets are locked in pending the release of UBB 6.2 in December.

oliwood: Yup but they're not supported.

omegatron: Your test URL doesn't work?

qasic

I forgot to put the .com on the end of reeftalk. smile it works now

http://www.reeftalk.com/test/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Developer
Developer
Can you please restore the public_forum_summary.pl and restore my version of ultimatebb.php so I may see if I can debug the problem? Thx!

qasic

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
That's a possible public beta of 6.2 in December, it could easily run into February or March (or later) if history is any indicator of a finished version.

If development is as far as it's gonna go, I'll just pull it, as it's definitely alpha/beta code and we are pushing for finished modifications only onsite.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
if your talking to me qasic that is your ultimatebb.php file there.

Developer
Developer
AA, I'll have to say that I'm by surprised by your decision but that's your choice. The WOL code is pretty stable now .. that's why I removed the alpha phrase smile

omegatron, I just went to this URL: http://www.reeftalk.com/test/ubb/ultimatebb.php
and found this error in the top: Warning: fopen("","a+") - Success in /www/reeftalk/test/ubb/ultimatebb.php on line 613

I can tell you that there's no such code in ultimatebb.php . Are you sure you using my version of ultimatebb.php .. furthermore .. is XHTML templates intefering with this hack here?

qasic

Qasic that may be a variable to consider there are allens templates there yes.

I will replace the xtml files with regular ones and you can try again. YES THAT IS YOUR DISTRIBUTION ULTIMATEBB.PHP FILE. smile

QASIC,

Major update. Since there were no other hacks but who's online on my test board. It is safe to say XHTML Templates were the culprit frown

I replaced the templates with the stock UBB templates and Who's Online works great. It carries into every forum etc.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
It doesn't break the site, but really doesn't work well either... I get random results whenever I pull it up - both on the WOL page itself and within the forums, the links to bare URL's are pretty ugly, we get blank usernames (not "guest" or "username") at times, etc.

I really appreciate all the work you have put into it, but in its present form is not something I can recommend for anyone to install on their live site. If no further development is going to be done, I can't keep it up here and still practice what we've been preaching in the dev forum. Should things change, I'll be the first one to install it. smile Thanks again.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Developer
Developer
> I get random results whenever I pull it up
Hmm .. how come no one else has reported this?

> the links to bare URL's are pretty ugly,
You're the only person being vocal on this smile I think pretty much everyone
is satisfied with how the things are right now. Without totally rewriting
WOL, I think this is a fair compromise right now given the fact that CC's
version of WOL is coming along fairly nicely I hear.

> blank usernames
I defintely CANNOT confirm that. Can you provide more details?

qasic

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
The results show me sometimes when I enter forums, sometimes it doesn't. Other people (members and guests) appear and disappear randomly.

When viewing the WOL page, the column for the users almost always had at least one blank spot, The topic or forum would be displayed for that row, but neither guest or member name appeared in its column.

Aesthetics have always been in the eye of the beholder, but you gotta admit it's a couple steps back from the other version of WOL people are used to.

I am used to beta/alpha code and am willing to run it/ beta test it - as long as development continues onto a finished status. If development stops at alpha/beta status I can't keep it installed here and be practicing what we discuss in the dev forum.

Again, yes, the WOL for 6.2 is coming along nicely, but it could easily be february or march before it reaches a finished status. Stopping development at this stage is a good bit premature, tho I understand time constraints.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I've seen members and Guests mysteriously disappear at times. cool

ian Offline
will the current WOL-PHP install on 6.1.0.3?

i would like to upgrade but not if i lose WOL!

quote:
I hate to say this but AllenAyers is right. I have exact same problem. I tried with ubb-cache option on and without but results were same.
I thought only thing that i could blame for this problem was ubb-cache but it turns out to be that wasn't..
anyhow..still it's nice to hear that Quasic keep trying to make it works.

Thanx Quasic.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: junoman ]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63