Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
im getting the same problem, to describe it better, some names are coming up blank, and some names are being duplicted, from replies like..

here.. http://www.clan-forsaken.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000707

check out the 2nd and 3rd posts, both posters are different members, yet the 3rd poster's post reflects the 2nd posters name.

The invisable name example is here...

http://www.clan-forsaken.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000516

Im going to remove this hack till this can be cleared, its more upsetting the board members then pleasing them frown

Hope we can fix this.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Sarvoth Talem ]

Sponsored Links
Could someone tell me if they've tried clearing the cache and doing the other maintenance options to see if that fixes the problems? I see the effects of the problems, but I can't tell what the cause is. I only have this installed on my test board until I get all my hacks in, so I don't have the traffic necessary to figure this out. Also, if anyone who has this problem can tell me if they have megamods installed, that would help too.

Ultimate Frisbee is good for you, it improves your symbolic logic skills.
quote:
Yeah...

Ok, I don't have megamods installed and can't really support it. I'll probably be putting megamods in eventually and will try to debug it when it comes up. Could someone email me some of their threadfiles from some of the threads that are messed up so I can see if there is anything odd about them?

I thought you made this hack MegaMod compatible though? confused

Sponsored Links
I tried to, that doesn't mean I succeeded laugh I don't have megamod installed myself, let alone on a production server, so I don't know what's going on. And if this only happens with megamod installed I am completely at a loss. My hack should not be doing anything like what is happening here, it just adds things onto the public display name then outputs the new HTML. It should never give a different name, and I doubt it would output a blank line but it's atleast possible from my hack. Does anyone run megamod without this and do they get some of the same problems? I'll start taking a look at the code for megamod later this week to see if I can find what the problem is, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Again, if someone could email me some of the thread files from problem threads, it would help to see if there's a problem there or just in the HTML generation.

I just looked through the megamod code, and while he still has a bug to fix, it isn't related to this hack at all. And, I didn't see anything that could be causing a conflict with this hack either. If I can't get this resolved, I'm just going to have to say that this is incompatible with megamods. I don't see where any problem could be, but obviously there is one frown

I rebuilt my forum stat files, Member stats, cleared the cache, and other stuff, still no help. I don't think it's happening to certain member either. Not sure what it could be...

V00D00, did you look at the thread files to see if there's bad data there? If clearing the cache didn't fix it, then something must have gotten written improperly to the thread files, or there's a pattern of some kind, we just have to find it.

what type of bad data would I be looking for?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure exactly. You can email me some of the thread files to look at if you want, or you can just look for anything that looks out of place. See if the names are missing or messed up in the actual thread files or something like that. If so, it's an error on posting so I'll know where to look.

Ok, I looked into one of the affected thread files, and didn't see anything that looked out of the normal. Here is what it said:

Code
code:

And here is a link to the page itself: HERE

The first posters name isn't showing up
The third post is the wrong name, the same as the second posters name.

It's really really weird. I'm not sure what would be causing the intermittent behavior like this.

Hope this helps!

Do you have megamods installed? And are any of the people who posted in that thread megamods? So far this has only shown up on boards that have megamod installed and it has even disappeared when megamod was removed.

No, I don't have it installed.

Ahh, that changes things then smile What hacks do you have installed?

I know its a tad off topic but are there any plans to have choice of how many mega mods you want?

I have a large board and need all my moderators- 10 to mod each board. Sure would be nice to be able to select how many mega mods you want somewhere!

Thanks,
TBF

Who's on-line, Jimbo's custom ranks, News Fader, and the user defined font/color hack.

I have a few others, BUT they don't really do anything with the names.

V00D00, could you email me a copy of your public_topic_page.pl file? I think I might know a place for the problem.

Sent...Hope it helps!

I had the problem of some people's names not showing up.

It is because you assumed too much when you coded this. *tsk* *tsk*

##find in ubb_topic_page.pl
elsif ($user_profile[8] eq "Member") {

##replace with
elsif ($user_profile[8] eq "Member" || "Junior Member") {

there is no case for Junior Member, therefore if the person doesnt qualify as a "Member" then their name doesnt show up.

you're welcome.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: CtrlAltDel ]

also if you are trying for 1. valid html, and/or 2. valid xhtml

this isnt kosher

open all tags and close them properly.

Thanks for the help, it worked. However, there is no need to be rude to Ramirez. He's done a great job on this hack.

Thanks for finding that Ctrl-Alt-Del. I've updated the file and made a couple of changes. It's now beta 3. I've added status effects for Junior members and fixed a couple of bugs. You'll have to rehack everything except cp_common.pl.

As for the xhtml stuff, I double-checked and it looks to me like all my code is already in the format of < font>< table>...< /table>< /font>. I could be wrong, but I looked over it three times to make sure.

I just updated the megamods version of the file as well for those that want that.

cool, your welcome. guess i'll go see what you changed so i can upgrade my install of this. (no upgrade file?)

font tags go inside the table for your hack, or it causes a gap if you put something under the name that you want to glow also.

example

CAD
Admin

if you want that both to glow, and have the font tags around the table, you get a gap between the titles, if you put the font tags in the table, you get no gap at all.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: CtrlAltDel ]

Ahh, I see. The way you have it typed above makes it look like you meant I was closing tags in the wrong order. I'll flip those around to get rid of the extra space.

cool

good work smile

granted, what else do you have in mind for this? it looks pretty much done to me.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I think can't be after , and I think
has to have
afterwards...

Try
text

Thanks LK and Ctrl-Alt-Del, I'll make the changes when I get home this afternoon. As for what else I have planned, I can't think of anything else to add. I added all the effects I could find that would work well, and it covers megamods now. There's not much left that I could add. Assuming it works for a few more guinea pigs, I'll move it to finished.

Ok, I moved the font tag inside the table tag and added td and tr tags. To update, rehack your public_topic_page.pl file. Thanks again c-a-d and LK.

Ok, i re-hacked the templates and the cgi file and after i set the options in the style panel and clear the cache, all membernames turned into a single line like this: _ and that line had the shadowcolors as set in the CP. (???)

Email me your public_topic_page.pl file and I'll take a look at it tomorrow. There may be a problem with the new html tag arrangement, as I haven't tested them yet.

quote:
I stopped counting, but that $show_public_name is in public_topic_page.pl at least 20 times, and in your instructions it didn't say how often this needs to be changed or where!

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Domain ]

In God we trust, all others pay Cash!
depending on what you have done to that file it should be around line 150 or so the very first instance

Code
code:

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: ssilenthill ]

You only replace that line once. There is only one instance where it appears on a line all by itself. Every other instance is part of another line. Only replace the one instance where $show_public_name is on a line by itself.

link is down

Bah, we moved servers. I'll try to get everything moved over to the new server this weekend. Anyone that has a copy is free to post a link until then.

CNA Offline
frown

[Linked Image]

Thanks with any help..

(I have Start Time, last Reply By, Sticky Topics, Avatars, Whos online installed)

CNA Offline
oh, and the latest Compact Headers.

CNA Offline
Bit early , I know, but BUMP?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63