Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Newbie here...encountered an error while installing.

-------

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------

Hi can anyone highlight which part of the steps in installation that i have done wrongly and resulted in this error?

Thanks!

Best if u can drop me a mail at changwen@t-car.org

Sponsored Links
Ok, this is kinda weird...

I hacked everything, twice, and a poll button is NOT showing up. Also, under my STYLES option in CP, there isn't a place for the to set the Poll button, unless it's there and I just don't see it.

Also, everything is working right (no errors or anything), I'm just not seeing a poll button or a place to set it! Someone help? LoL, so very very weird...

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Wristnetwork, take a look at the error log.

V00D00, It's another hack. In this one, inside New Topic there is a checkbox under Email Notification.

LK, I'm not exactly understanding what you're saying here...

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
V00D00 - he means that this is not the hack that adds a second button. to post a poll, (make sure you have set the forum you wish to post in to on in the poll options CP) go to post a new topic as normal, and you will see a checkbox at the bottom, checking that and putting a number in the poll options box will let you post a poll. write your topic as normal, check the poll box, put a number of options in the box, then submit, and it will let you set the poll topic and options.

Sponsored Links
AH HA! Got it now!

Is it possible for a ssi script to get the latest poll?

I got a bug. Whenever i reply or edit it wants to go to something like:

ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;amp;f=10;amp;t=000041

during the transitions, and comes up with the fyi 'topic not found'. Please fix asap.

-= I read this entire thread =-

Ok.. Here's a situation I didn't see anyone mention in the six pages I just read.

My cp.cgi is working fine.. apprently.. and I can see the poll check box under the "Post new topic" I did have to add a

after the line to get it move the signature question to the next line.

Here's the problem: When I add a title, message, check the poll box, and put a number in the poll options and click on "Add new topic" I get a white screen.. nothing else.. nada zippy.. if I leave any of the options off it says I missed something so that's working.. I'm just lost as to what file I might have f'd up.. or what's going on??

Can someone help me?
Aceman
Admin Scifi-meshes.com

URL: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
raiyan - when you reply to a post with a poll only? or does this happen when you reply to any post?

Aceman - upload public_new_poll_form.pl to your Templates dir.

Sponsored Links
Jordo Thanks again on you speedy responce. I did as you told me and it worked fine.. but a new situation has arisen. After I fill out the poll information, it accepts the thread.. then posts it.. but when you view it there is no poll? just the title and orginal message?

Aceman
Admin Scifi-meshes.com

Just wanted to let ya know I got it working.. I'd apprently uploaded 1 file to the wrong location I thought I was uploading to the proper location but I wasn't sorry. Thanks again. And nice work on the hack.

Aceman
Admin/Owner
www.scifi-meshes.com

Great hack. I can post polls fine but when I go to look at atopic with a poll I get this error:

Code
quote:</font><hr>An error has occured: 

Undefined subroutine &main: :p oll_display_vote called at /home/sites/site151/web/ubb_poll_lib.cgi line 47.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!
<hr></blockquote>

At line 47 is this

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:

Any ideas?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Neptin, I didn't know UBB 6.1.0 final was out confused
quote:
Anyway, are you sure you uploaded the latest public_poll_display.pl to the /boards/Templates directory?

Does anyone really use this hack all that much? I think it's cool. What I want to do is have a sidebar panel like here on UBBDev and have a poll system that would allow people to click on a selection in the sidebar. It would then re-generate and give the current statistics in %'s per answer. Anyone know if this is currently possible?

quote:
I did not. I uploaded and it works now. Thank you smile

quote:
It's not. I just took out the Beta Release info. I did that because I'm sIck of waiting for the final to be released so I can install hacks. So I installed them and vut out Beta Release 1.4 Now, I'm just going to wait until 6.2 is releeased, which will allegedly have all the "hacks" I wanted to add.

quote:

Nope, you aren't allowed to do it...

I can't take out the version #? That's odd. Okay, I guess I will be putting it back then.

Just wanted to say that this hack interferes with ubb version 6.1 beta 2.1 You will not be able to post a new topic while logged in. The problem lies in the coding in public_new_topic_form.pl I believe. I tested this and narrowed down as this was the only hack that replaced any variables there.

Easy fix until this problem is fixed. Turning off all polls via control panel will allow people to post. Unless of course you want to uncode everything which you can do.

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
quote:
its working 100% on version 2.1 for me... i did change one thing in cp.cgi, but it wouldnt have caused such a problem. try rehacking becuase ive updated the instructions because some of the places to insert code have changed (like upper to lower case type stuff smile ).

fyi this hack is not compatable with the PHP ubb accelerator.

Jordo,

Hate to tell you but your hack is causing this problem. I even tried upgrading to 1.9 from 1.8. I have coded exactly as stated. I have had your poll hacks for sometime. If I turn polls off in every forum members can post new topics!!! If not here is the error recieved.

The form you submitted appears to be incomplete!
You did not complete: your_name

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

This only happens when your logged in. Maybe your hack is having a problem with another hack?
I have who's online,chat,calendar and the poll hack. Thats it!! I narrowed it down by coding each hack and testing. When I installed yours it did it again. I have tested and coded many times and the problem is the same!! I know the first response is always recode but I have done this and the problem still exists and does not go away. I have tested this with the PHP off.

BTW when is this going to be PHP accelerator compatable

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
reupload public_new_topic_form.pl. despite the fact that i cant reproduce this, it will fix it.

quote:
when i have a chance.

jordo

I have tried that already. Like I said I only have 4 hacks installed. I have reinstalled the entire hack many times looking for any error.

Just a side note to help track down the error. A user can not post if I turn polls on. As I stated this before it comes up with incoomplete form your_name missing

also when you go to edit a poll ( I am an admin )
it says you are not logged in

It seems your hack is having a little problem finding names?

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
as i said above, redownload the zip and reupload public_new_poll_form.pl

btw this hack works without a single problem on my test board, so im not exactly sure where these errors are coming from.

Hey Jordo please reread my comments above. I redid this many times. Uploading new forms rehacking. UBB 2.1 worked great. Only when I turn on poll options in control panel does the problem exist. so therefore by process of elimination it is your hack. I will repost the exact errors here so maybe some of the experienced hackers could help.

Okay it recognizes me as admin I guess cause wordlets for edit poll are on the poll. I click to edit the polls I already have and it says I am not logged in. I am oh course logged in.
here is the exact error

quote:
When I try and post a topic ( does not even have to be a poll just a topic ) it gives the error that I did not complete form your_name

quote:

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
quote:
the thing is this. with this hack if you post a topic that isnt a poll, well then it goes through the normal posting routines, there are no changes to the posting form, etc. so your_name will be submitted just the same as if polls were turned off or not installed.
the second thing is no matter what i do i cant reproduce this error. this is on a board with no other hacks... so maybe there is a leftover from removing a hack, or a mistake in adding code somewhere.

Power User
Power User
quote:
UBB Accelerator is already compatible with this hack smile

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
quote:
wow i just took a look. nice. smile

Jordo,

There is no leftover hack?? This is brand new 2.1. I stated what hacks I have installed. whos online stars calendar poll

The fact remains that if I turn off polls in each forum you can post. If I turn polls on you cant. This by default goes against everything you are saying? You hack has to be interfering? What more do you want me to say I am not dreaming this problem. Does anyone have any problems as there can be no left over hacks.

I have done everything you suggested and I have the same error.

Jordo here is an update.

I set up a test board and only installed this hack with who's online. this is the error recieved?

You are not logged in. You must be logged in (and registered) to perform this function.
Login

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

So it seems consistent even with the other hacks I have installed. YOUR HACK SEEMS TO ME IS HAVING A PROBLEM RECOGNISING LOGINS?

register a name and check out what I am talking about there are no other hacks involved here.

http://www.reeftalk.com/test/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]

If it helps, if you logout, then go to post new topic, so that you have to login during the post, it works fine. It's only when you are already logged in that there is a problem. You might want to setup a clean test board rather than a copy of your other board for a better test.

Ultimate Frisbee is good for you, it improves your symbolic logic skills.
Ramierez

It was a clean setup?? I simply used the vars files!!! and styles. All the cgi and pl files are new.

This problem exists and I am not dreaming it. I have coded this hack many times and there is an error as you can see. The only hack installed on this test board is who's online. I dont see how cleaner of an install you can get that unpacking an infopop file and hacking UBB POLL into it. smile Vars files would not make any difference. The coding is all in CGI and PL files. The UBB POLL files are all the new ones.

I am having a little problem understanding that noone else can duplicate this problem when I am following the same instructions as everyone else on a clean board.

I was just talking about how it looked like you copied over your forums and threads, unless there are people using that forum for non-test purposes.

As for recreating the problem, I haven't tried this on 2.1 yet so I have no idea if it's reproducable. I will probably be putting 2.1 on a server tomorrow and polls will be one of the first things I put in. If I have any problems I'll be sure to post here to try to help clear it up.

Ultimate Frisbee is good for you, it improves your symbolic logic skills.
Well I'm going to have to back the guy with the problem up as I just downloaded the hack and after an hour of installing it (carefully) - JESUS it's big =), I got a similar problem.

Oh and I also noticed a cosmetic glitch that's new to PB2.1, in fact this whole problem is only around in the PB 2 / 2.1.

Anyhoooo, after installing, setting the poll options in the CP and clearing cache I went into my test board:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Now when you post anywhere in the forum (all enabled for polls), select polls and click 'Add New Topic' then all it does is goes to a blank screen with the above forum URL. Nothing gets posted.

Disable polls and you can post again, enable them and you can't.

I also noticed a cosmetic glict, after the poll line and two files (radio and box):

Poll: Check to Create a Poll With Topic Number of Poll Options:

The 'Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies.' line starts directly after instead of having a line break.

I also found that two files, public_edit_poll.pl and vars_wordlets_polls.cgi aren't even mentioned in the .txt install file. I uploaded them reguardless.

Following all that I went through the install step-by-step and nothing has solved the problem, so there is an issue or two here that seems to have arrisen in PB2.

Note, I have the following hacks installed (all latest versions as of the last day or so):

Who's Online
Mods Wordlets
Stats Hack
UBBNews
Latest Threads (v1.1)
Authority List
ICQ & Aim
Last Reply By
Moderator Log
Signature Fix
Print Page

Please fix this since it's not an issue on my 6.04e board (v1.7 or 1.8 UBB Int Poll) and that has twice as much installed. I'd like to upgrade but I can't till this is fixed as it's an important element.

Mark,

Thanks I invited jordo to my test board which no one uses. I only have who's online installed and get this problem with the poll. Seems jordo has stated the cookie routines and the poll are conficting and producing this error.

END RESULT WHOS ONLINE AND POLL ARE CONFLICTING. JORDO DOES NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM AS HE HAS NO WHOS ONLINE INSTALLED wink

He is going to install whos online and hopefully we should have a fix.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Mark: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ubb/Templates/public_new_poll_form.pl doesn't exist.

Jordo: there is a bug with unregistered/users that aren't logged-in polls.

Possible fix: (untested)
Find:
Code
code:
Somewhere in sub submit_new_poll.

Replace with:
Code
code:

LK,

You were right =), I'd confess to being an idiot if it wasn't for the fact that Jordo also left the file you mention out of the upload instructions - that's the third one then hehe.

However having done that it now goes through to the poll form, yet after I put even a simple question it returns with the following:

quote:
Name? What name, my display name is 'Mark Jackson' and the login is a simple word.

LK

That code is nowhere to be found in the instructions the first part that is smile so I cant apply your possible fix

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
omegatron, oops.

quote:
Anyway, it's in ubb_poll_lib.cgi

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: LK ]

LK,

I think jordo is heads on the problem your fix did not work. it involves the way whos online changes cookies. UBBPOLL works without whos online and does not when its installed.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Actually I posted it with no connection to your post wink

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63