Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This has probably been done before, but I just figured it out. Go to the cp, and in registration settings, set the first custom field to say Custom Title. Then, in the template Public_Topic_Page.pl find:

$user_status

Right below that, add:

$user_profile[16]

That's it.

Note: if you used custom field 2, you must change the 16 to 17. If you used 3, you must use 18, and so on.

Sponsored Links
I don't think that has been done before, but good work. smile

it has been done before; it's a part of my stars/custom status hack smile

-DT
I use Jimbo's Custom rank hack for my UBB, because I don't want everyone having Custom titles but the good thing about this mod (Dark Templers) is that it doesn't get rid of the normal status you might set.

kind sir, could you tell me how to make it so only administrators have access to changing custom titles?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If you only want Admins to set Custom titles/Ranks, use Jimbo's Custom status/rank hack.

I checked it out. But not exactly what I need. It has too many extra options and such. This hack is simple, and i'm sure there should be some line there to disable the field for regular users. Because if it's disabled from "My Profile" they wont have any other place to modify it.

something like "Admin (true) Everybody Else (false)"

shuold be able to turn off that custom register setting to off, and edit it through there profiles in the cp. laugh . im not to sure though...

I don't think tha will work. I'm gonna go figure out how to do it. Should only take a few minutes.

Ok, I have come up with several ideas of how to make them only settable in the cp profile, but I have not tried them out yet. I think the best way to do it is to add it add a new field for it in the profile, but only put the input for it in the cp profile page and not the page where the user edits their profile section. Once I figure out how to do that I'll test it and then post it here.

Sponsored Links
Until I figure something out, you can try just keeping the field off until you want to change them, and then turn it back off againg when you're done.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: Xizer ]

Also, you might want to try $user_profile[16] instead of $user_profile[16], I think it looks nicer when it's bold.

Would you be able to enable UBB codes for this hack?

quote:
Good idea, What you need to do is to add the $user_profile[16] in the CP profiles, so It will appear in the CP, Then what you need to do is select "Do not even display this field as an option." when you enter the Custom title in the Custom fields in your Registration settings. It might not work but thats the way I see it.

Ok this seems to be a lot harder then I expected. Lord Dextor, that would only display the custom title, not a text area to enter them. And if add a text area, the cp wouldn't know what to do with it. I have to manually add a new field into it, seperate from the custom fields in the cp, and then only put the text area for it in the cp. Does anyone know where I would add the new field?

And for The Fonz, you can use html. For example, you could put the link code there and advertise your website, put the img code into the box to use an image, or just bold, italicise, or underline text.

quote:
I'll have to look in the cp_profiles file, There should be a trend of $Usder profile code fields after $user profile[15] add the new code field.

quote:
Great, I think I'm going to install this hack. smile

quote:
Thanks I'll try it

In cp_edit_profile.pl:
Find:
&FormStart("$vars_config{CGIURL}/cp.cgi", "$Hiddens");

Insert after it:
$vars_registration{custom1_field_use}="OPT";

That makes it show the field only in the control panel. You shouldn't need to do anything else. For other fields, change the '1' to 2, 3, or 4.

Ok... so I'm looking to have custom user titles on my 6.05 board, settable by me the admin. But... how do I do that?

The idea I thought of is, in the control panel, when you look up a username, or select view all users, it has a column for status, which shows the members status. If that became a text box for each member, with their current status in each text box... you could then write your own custom status in that box, and then hit the update all members button to give them a new status. This is how it worked on my old ubb 5.10 board, so I wondered why it hasn't been done as a hack for ubb6.0x??

I would imagine this could be done by someone who wanted to, the question is, how? smile

EDIT: I made this mod a few mins ago, check the following post for instructions...

Here's a way tonly display the custom text and line break if the user has entered custom text in their profile. It looks a bit tacky to have a blank line after the user's rank and before the Member # if they haven't entered a custom text.

I got bored, so I wrote this code up myself. As in my above post, this modification make it so a line break is only displayed if the user has set a custom title for themself. It's a little beautification detail that'll add a bit of profesionalism to your board smile

Here's the mod:

In public_topic_page.pl:

Find:

code:
Code
sub topic_row {

Add Below:

code:
[qb]
Code
my $line_break = "
";
[/qb]
Find:

code:
Code
	if ($alt_color eq "$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}") {
$alt_color = "$vars_style{AltColumnColor2}";
} else {
$alt_color = "$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}";
}

Add Below:

code:
[qb]
Code
	if ($user_profile[16] eq '') {
$line_break = '';
} else {
$line_break = "
";
}
[/qb]
Find:

code:
Code
$user_status

$user_profile[16]

Replace With:

code:
[qb]
Code
$user_status
$line_break
$user_profile[16]

[/qb]
That's it smile Reupload, clear Topic Page cache, and you're done smile

I just installed this on my 6.3.1.2 board, and rather than using the Bold Attributes, I chose to use colored font tags to keep with the continuity of my board.

I have this setup for Admin changes only in the CP, and use it as an identifier for financial contributors.

For some bizarre reason, whenever I enter {My Profile}, the custopm tag disappears... It is set to only be added in the CP.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63