Sent you a email with These files

cp_vars_style.pl
cp_add_new_template.pl
cp_common.pl
cp_styles.cgi
public_topic_page.pl

Havein same probs as Raichu... eek

Sponsored Links
There's a MegaMod hack. A MegaMod is a rank I have seen at many boards, and it is one who moderates over all boards.

Ramirez, it isn't very difficult, but I made this hack MegaMod compatible. Do you mind if I upload a version of this hack, more of an add on to make it MegaMod compatible.

If you mind, I won't. If you don't mind, I'll link you to the add on. I know it isn't much, but I've seen people who've wanted this.

Ok, I've replied to everyone in my email. If you didn't get a reply, email me again. Your email may have accidentally gone out with the junk mail tipsy I'm working on updating the Multihack and manual install files to get rid of the extra break (Thanks jadams :)) and make sure they are right, since multiple people seem to be having the same problems.

ZoneX, you can post it as an addon or we can try to put them together in my install file. Whatever is fine with me smile

Ultimate Frisbee is good for you, it improves your symbolic logic skills.
Trying to put them into your install file may not work, because if people don't have the MegaMod hack, they'll get errors. But, I could make one that is my addon incorporated into your hack, and you could post a link to it saying "Use this version if you want this glow hack with MegaMod compatibility or something."

Whatever you want, it's your hack.

Thanks. smile

I installed this hack and a few people said they couldn't read the names while most said it looked awesome. Anyone else get complaints about it making the names unreadable?

Sponsored Links
hello,

i've installed this great hack, and it works fine on IE 5.0

But... i've tryed on IE 5.5 and netscape 4.x and it doesn't show the names (it appears blank) and with opera it appears normally without any colour.... is there any incompatibily with this browsers?

tks

I know it has problems in Netscape. It should just show them as normal names though, like Opera does. IE 5.5 should work fine, I use that. There may be something slightly wrong in your code that is slipping by in IE5, but the others are catching it. Send me your public_topic_page.pl file and I'll look at it. Also send me a URL to your boards.

please check mail and PM's wink

Regards

I'm having a similar problem that was aready mentioned. The settings won't save after I enter them. Do you want me to e-mail the files to you? What do I do?!? Please help
confused confused confused

If your settings aren't saving, it's a problem in your cp_styles file. You can either check it manually against the install text document, or send me the file by email and I can fix it pretty quick.

Sponsored Links
I e-mailed you the file at the address listed in yur profile.

Okay gang here is the deal. I tried installing the hack via the MHX file originally (Without hypercells). No dice, Apparently what the mhx file is doing is changing all instances of $show_public_name with $glowing_name in public_topic_page.pl . Also the other error resides in the public_topic_page.pl as well. Per Jadams do the following

Find :
Code
code:

Replace With:
Code
code:

By completing that step you will get your user titles back. I was going to adjust this in the MHX myself however it seems to be locked. You might want to update the MHX Ramirez. In the meantime anyone who is still having errors i would suggest you manually install the hack and make Jadams adjustment above.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Hellbent ]

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Hellbent ]

I know i am a little slow but i cannot even get it to display at all in the settings CP but i know it's there cos when i try to up date the settings it says that i did not complete all fields ie.first glowing colour!!

it just ain't there please help going mad

swipe!!!

"Undefined subroutine &main::hr_color called at /www/varsh.gangsters.org/ubb3/styles/vars_style_1.cgi line 1." What's going on with this?

I also recieve this error as well:

[Tue Oct 9 20:55:51 2001] cp.cgi: Undefined subroutine &main::hr_color called at /www/varsh.gangsters.org/ubb3/styles/vars_style_1.cgi line 1.
Compilation failed in require at /www/varsh.gangsters.org/cgi-bin/ubb3/cp_styles.cgi line 173.

Hi, and thx for a good hack. I got a problem, and i hope it`s somebody ho can help me. My problem is, i just installed the hach (with hypercells, with the mhx file) and when i go in and set up the settings right i press update. But... It dosen`t save the setting !! Somebody help me here ?!?

I see the problem is on the top too, so i do as the other.. send the files to you in mail. Hope you can help.. plz smile

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Cybernova ]

I'll look at all of these later this weekend.

TheSixthChild and Swipecard, send me the files I listed earlier in the thread and I'll try to fix them for you.

ak Offline
Is there a way guys, I want to have ONLY certain members names with a diff color. Can this be done?
What do I need to modify and can someone post the codes.
UBB ver 6.1.0.2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63