Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Announcing the release of MultiHack 1.5.2!
MultiHack has had some great input from many people, version 1.5 is I hope a vast improvement over the initial release of the program. Below is a list of features/changes from version 1.01. If you have any questions please ask them here in this thread or visit the MultiHack homepage (link in my signature) and ask there. Suggestions and bug reports are always welcome! Most features added have been a direct result of people asking for those features.
[Linked Image]
A quick rundown on some of the changes in MultiHack 1.5
  • The first and foremost thing you will notice is the redesign of the Advanced(aka Hack Central) window. This has been totally redesigned to hopefully better help you create your hacks.
  • Support files have been rewritten and are now included within the database. This means that when you import a hack, no files are written anywhere on your system. All files and information(including images, zips, etc... whatever the support file is) is now contained within the database itself. Upon installation the files are written to the output folder in the specified subfolder.
  • The database is now compacted upon exit. This may mean a 1-2 second delay, but keeps the DB file size down.
  • Modification "instances". You can set this from All-10. What this does is tells MultiHack that you want to modify instant X of the OldData. Selecting "All" will modify all instances of OldData.
  • Added install options so that you can do the following:
    Overwrite Source Files - This is obvious, it'll overwrite your "good" files. Some people wanted it... I recommend you do NOT use this and test your hacks first, but hey, I'm all for options...
    Search Output folder first - If you are installing multiple hacks you would want to select this. It will search the output folder first for the needed files. If the files are not there, it will default back to the source folder for the files.
    Delete the Output Folder before installing - Does just what it says and is the normal, default way files are handled by MultiHack.
  • Duplicate Mod button. Click it; it makes an exact copy of the modification.
  • Each Modification is checked upon saving or loading of the Hack to make sure that the file it is supposed to modify actually exists, and if it does, whether the hack can be applied. This is basically the "Individual Mod Analyzer" cleaned up and made a little bit more user friendly.
  • You now also have the ability to sort the mods in the order they were created instead of the default or column sorts.
  • Right Click Popups. These have been added to the HackList and Modlist windows, included commands are Import/Export/Install/Uninstall and more for the HackList. For the Modification List it is "Add/Edit/Delete/Analyze" and more. You can now right click the code windows for Cut/Copy/Paste functions as well.
  • Removed the "Source File" window from the Hack Central window. This was done to give more room on this window to the OldData and NewData windows. The functions of the SourceFile(aka Text File) window are still accessible from the toolbar. These functions have been cleaned up and enhanced as well.
  • Drag/Drop of text is now supported. This means you can drag and drop text from the source file window or any other text editor and drop it into the Hack Central window.
  • The Uninstall feature has been removed. This decision was made after a lot of thought about the subject. The reality is that the function will not get used much, and that any code changed by other hacks will invalidate the uninstall, even changing a single character will stop the process. If/When a better method of uninstalling is found/created it will then be implemented. Until then, pay attention to what you are doing and backup, Backup, BACKUP your files!
  • .MHX and .MHP files are now associated with MultiHack (Toggled from the Options). This means that double clicking an .MHX or .MHP file will automatically load MultiHack and import the hack you clicked.
  • Added clickable links on the About window to the MultiHack homepage and the UBBDev MHK Hack download page.
  • Added link from HELP menu to load the MultiHack Documentation.
  • MANY other changes/tweaks/mods...

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
Sounds and looks great Troy. smile Can't wait to convert my mods over from the old version to this new one.

Cool !!!
Works great for me with Statistic Hack, a small problem with Who is Online...

Thanks !
Bye
Rutto

I would love to see it but your server won't send the file. Is there another source for it because I can't get it offf your site.

very nice!

Sponsored Links
i get invalid archive when finished downloading . idownloaded it like 5 times

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
rinkrat: I don't have another server to send it to you from. If you are POSITIVE that your email server will accept an almost 4meg attachement I can email it.

Tech-Ni-Kal: I downloaded the install here at work, and it unzipped and installed without a problem on my WinNT machine here. Make sure you don't have things like Gozilla or something running. Delete the download file and start over without anything else involved.

Let me know how that works.

thanks works now smile

I just upgraded to 6.05 and installed 18 mods in less than 15 minutes!

I love the new double click auto hack install feature. You have made UBB mods way too easy. Now what are we going to do with all this free time and what will becomes of the UBBDev support forums when nobody needs any more help?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You... you mean... I get to have a life too?

wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
hehe well, I'm glad you like it snip1er! smile

Hopefully more hack authors themselves will create MultiHack format files for others to use. Maybe then they can spend less time on support issues and more time coding their projects. wink

Allen, no need to start the crazy talk... no one is get'n a life around here, GOT IT?!

I havent really installed anything with multi hack yet... nothing happens when i import hacks! i keep clicking on the button and nothing is happening! i also tried installing DPK's Smilie Mod but i got an error saying that the files are not valid .mhx or .mhp files? wat do i do!?? frown confused

[ June 26, 2001 06:12 AM: Message edited by: ruph ]

Multihack looks very nice smile

I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet.

It looks like it's written in Visual Basic. Is that why it's so large? (Just wondering :))

The .zip contains some Windows system files. Does the installer put these files in the multihack program directory, or will they wind up in the Windows directory? frown

quote:
Well...
There is no standardized "hack" solution for any forum software. The multihack isn't a "fool proof" solution to hacking the UBB, because alot of hack authors dont use it. This is a nice update troy, keep on updating and fixing dem bugs. smile

Love it
shame theres not more hacks in supported format though

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
ruph: as DPK has said in this thread, he still has to convert his hacks over to this version. I need more information about your import problem in general... when you click on what button exactly? What hack are you trying to import?

Dave_L: Yes, it is written in VB. The actual filesize isn't all that large it is all of the support ACTIVEX controls that boost up the size of the install. As for the windows files being updated, yes they install in the windows folder. However you shouldn't have anything to worry about as any files that are older than what you currently have should pop up a message stating that, just don't overwrite 'em. smile

MasterMind: So where are your hacks in MHK format? wink Version 2.0 will have FTP support in as well. Already working on that. I'm sure there will be a 1.5.x release fixing bugs, although none have been reported yet.

Shaved Ape: Glad you like it, KINDLY bug your favorite hack author for a MHK format file. wink

kool its working! its just sometimes the import button stops working.. do the hacks require the mods worldets file or does it get reinstall again? i already hacve it installed and sometimes it gets overwritten and some wrodlets gets erased.. frown

neways, i'm loovin it!! laugh

laugh
no time for that yet troy wink

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
ruph: Any changes to the wordlets file are requested by the hacks themselves. I would check the hacks you are installing to make sure that it is appending to the wordlets files. MultiHack does not erase any files so I wouldn't know why it would be overwriting a file... it simply modifies the file if it is there. If the file doesn't exist, the hack won't install.

MM: Yeah yeah yeah. wink Just kidding, I know ya do a lot of coding. Why do you think my UBB itself is so generic? I'm busy coding other stuff. heh

MasterMind,
I have your SmiliMod in the current format. It was one of the first I built. If you want it so you can look over and confirm that it is correct and to your standards before releasing it, I would be happy to email it to you.

email@snipersparadise.com

MZ Offline
quote:
no, man not YOU. Just help to develop UBB 12.34 RC2 wink

MZ Offline
Now I have the 6.04b Installed with 8 Hacks.

How can I implement now the Multihack? Do I have to redoo all the hacks? Will there be any compatibility problems between the old hacks and new ones?

Troy,

This is exactly what I was looking for, but I have one question.....

HOW DO I USE IT?!! LOL

I have like the WHO's ONLINE hack and stuff. I am just really dumb when it comes to hacks. I have no clue how to use the software (and I even read the description).

I am guessing that I need some other file that tells MultiHack that what the hack is and where the stuff goes.

Where do I find these .MHX and .MHP files and do they come with the hacks somewhere locally?

HTTP://WWW.CREEPING-DEATH.NET
"It was really fun seeing 'Creepin Death'. I think they f*cken rock!" - Lars Ulrich
"Lars and I had a good time jamming with you guys!" - Kirk Hammett
Looks cool! When I was in the midst of installing it, I got this message:

quote:

quote:
you probably need to post what os you are using (9x, me, 2k...)
This will help Troy help you smile

jeremiah
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
MZ: MultiHack does not introduce any compatibility problems at all. All MultiHack does is take an existing hack, that is normally posted in a TXT format or whatnot and automatically apply it to the necessary files. Any compatibility problems that may arrise will be between whatever version of UBB you are using and whatever version the hack you are applying was written for.

CreepingDeath: There is a documentation file included with the program that is in MS Word format. You can get to it from the start menu, program files. However the short of it is you need to visit https://ubbdev.com/mhk and you will get a list of hacks in MHK format. Download the file you want. Double click the file you downloaded. It will automatically be imported into MultiHack and MultiHack will open up.

In the Options section of Multihack make sure that you have the "Source Directory" set to wherever you have your UBB files(always have a backup though!). Then set the output DIR to an empty DIR.

Now in the main multihack window, select the hack you want to install, click Install. All of the files that were modified will now be located in the Output Directory you specified in the Options. Upload those files to your web server and the hack should be installed.

iNtErNeT aDdIcT: More than likely you need to download the MDAC 2.5 SP2 files from Microsoft. The JRO files are used for the database. If you downloaded MDAC 2.6 instead, the Jet DB files are NOT included within that release they are a seperate download(which I have not installed so I have not given directions on how to do so).

If you have installed MDAC 2.5 SP2 or are having problems, please let me know what OS you are using(as freakscene said), if you installed MDAC already, what version. If you can't install MDAC, what errors you are getting.

Thanks much everyone!

MZ and CreepingDeath,

Maybe I can help. I have been playing with MK for a couple of months...Long post and directions follow...

What MK is designed for is to automated your hack installs. You need to create (or import when available) the mods. You should only need to do this once. As it stands now, if you upload lots of new files you either have to completely reinstall each and every hack or use Beyond Compare to transfer information.

1. Start MK for the first time and you will have to set your folders. My suggestion is to create two new folders. One for input (source File) and one for output (Output). I named mine "upgrade" and the other "output." Set these in the MK Options section.

2. Over on the far left, check whatever options you want. I use "start in advanced mode," "validate each mod," "use Big Windows," and "check for .MHP & .MHK file associations at startup."

3. For Install Options I suggest "search output Directory First" and nothing else for starters. When you get the hang of things you can change that.

4. Click on save settings and lets get started.

5. When a version of UBB comes down the road, unzip it to any directory and COPY (leave an original copy incase you mess something up) all the files into your source file (mine being named upgrade).

Now you should be in advanced mode and ready to create a hack from scratch (we'll import later).
1. Click on "new" and fill in the information at the bottom left. Things like Hack name, Author name, version, etc. This is the information you find at the top of every hack. The click on "Save Hack Info" at the bottom of that section.

2. Once the info is saved you will click on the file you just created in the top left screen under "Hack List."
On the right side of your screen click on "Add"

3. On the bottom left side you will now be in the "Mod Info" view. Here you put in the info for the first modification of the hack you are building. lets say that "public_topic_page.pl" is the file I want to modify (this comes from the hack you are installing). below the Modification file name you will select the location the file is in. IE in our case the .pl files are in the Template directory.

4. Now look at what the author of the hack wants you to do. In this case we are...

Code
code:

and
Code
code:

6. So, we click on the radio button that says "Replace", cut and paste the info that we want to FIND into the "Old Data" box and what we are CHANGING TO in the "new Data" box.

7. Now click 'save" over on the far left at the bottom of the screen. That first step is complete and automated.

8. You will do each step of the hack directions just like that. Hit "add" to start a new step and save to cplete it.

9. if you are using the "Mod Info" from the same file again, IE you are modifying the same file, like the "public_topic_page.pl" file we used above again (when you make multiple changes to the same file) then click on the "double arrows" to the right of the "add button." This will keep your file information intact and save you the step of having to fill in "Modification File Name" and File Location" again and again. When you click on just the "add" button, it clears out those blocks so you can put in fresh info.

So, once you have completed all the steps in the hack directions, you can run the "analyze' feature. This is the green button at the very top with the picture of the magnifying glass. it will run through each step without actually modifying anything to make sure everything is in order. What this is basically looking for is the EXACT text and format of the "old data." it DOES not look at the code and make sure your new data is correct. So, if you cut and past incorrectly into the "New data" section it will install but the hack wont work.

- If something fails in the "analyze" phase, my suggestion is to open the file that needs to be modified from your Source Directory (mine is upgrade) and search for the "old data." Something like an extra space or carriage return will throw the system off and give a "false-positive." Once you find the section in question, copy the section and repaste it over the "old data" in MK and run analyze again. 9.895 out of 10 times this corrects the problem even though everything looks exactly alike.

Once you get everything put in, everything analyzes correctly, you will "install" the hack. This is the green button at the very top with the green arrow pointing right. This copies the files out of your source directory (so the originals are un touched), modifies the files with the changes, and places new copies into your "output directory." now just upload those files to the web location and your done.

How does this save you time? In the long run it does. Once your hack is done in MK it only takes seconds to modify. If a new version of UBB comes out, just copy all files from the new version over the old ones in your "Source directory." hit the install button, and upload. That will take you about 30 seconds. No more recoding or searching every time.

Another NOTE: Most people have multiple hacks installed. I suggest the following for all of you...
The first time you create the hack. install each one individually and upload. Check the UBB out thoroughly to make sure everything works correctly and then move on to the next one to install. If you try to install all of them without verify that you did everything correctly, then you won't know which mode is messed up.
once you know the mod works, drag and drop, copy, cut and paste (what ever works for you) those files form your "Output directory" back into your "source directory." Copy them over the old files.
Now install the next hack, upload, test, verify, then copy those files into the "source directory." Essentially you are building up each file.
Once you know that all the files work correctly, when the next version of UBB comes out you can just install each and every hack with the "Overwrite Source Files" box checked and you don't have to worry about any output directory. MK will modify all the source files and will install as fast as you can click the button. It should only take you 15 seconds to add 15 hacks. AGAIN, do not use this until you know all the hacks were created correctly.
If an author was nice enough to build a .mhx file for use, then all you have , to do is download the file, double click on it and it will "import" itself into MK, the run a quick analyze, install, and upload. I give this 30 seconds in the difficulty scale.

I think I made most steps clear, but if not I can try to elaborate and clarify...

[ June 29, 2001 02:14 PM: Message edited by: snip1er ]

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Damn, don't I feel weak now... hehe

snip1er: You wanna write the MultiHack docs? wink Seriously though, thanks for the long and detailed reply. Documentation and explaining things has never been my strong point(as you can tell from what docs I did write).

I got problems, It keeps saying "not a valid MHX or MHP file" why's this,

I'm trying to install the SmileMod, and I got a load of hackz and none have these extensions, alot of .SHW but none of what I need, anyone know where I can get some hackz with the extensions please?

Please email [email protected]

is there anyway to uninstall hacks??

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Dementedferrit: The Smilie Mod was done with an older, now incompatible MultiHack.

MHK files can be found at www.ubbdev.com/mhk

ruph: No, I removed the entire Uninstall routines. The reasons were many. If you wish to see those reasons, read the first post in this thread.

Uninstall really is unnecessary. If you use the folders in a fashion like I described above, then to "uninstall" all you do is copy the files from your downloaded, raw UBB back into your source file. If you are trying to "uninstall" the 10th hack that you just installed, that is OK. Why is that ok? Simple, it will only take you about 9 seconds to "reinstall" the first 9 hacks. Just select the mod and push install...select mod #2 and push install...select mod #3 and push install...you get the picture. It took me longer to write those three steps than it does to install the mods with MultiHack.

So far there are about 10 hacks released in .mhx format at the link that Troy provided above. I have several more, including the smilimod asked about, but have yet to make contact with the authors so they can give their blessing and approval for release. I feel that it isn't my place to "re-release" their hacks without their approval. Anyway, more are on the way very, VERY soon.

Correction!!! There are now 14 .mhx files. See how fast they are growing?!!

quote:
Delete all the code you added, and If you had to replace code, Replace the replaced code with the normal one. wink

I think the MultiHack program is great and have been creating database files for it with every hack I have added (if there is not one already)!

The program is a MAJOR time saver and easy to use, even for a guy like me. (I am not a programmer, a nerd, a genious, or anything exceptional, but I know how to read instructions and follow them. The program does a great job and is a major time saver!)

Keep up the GREAT WORK!

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
CaCoffin, glad it is working out for you! If you have any MHK files that are not already posted at www.ubbdev.com/mhk please send them to me so I can add them to the list! Thanks again!

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Version 1.5.1 is up for download. This is just an EXE upgrade. It fixes a bug where an Import will crash the program in the Hack Central window is not open. No other changes have been made.

Wow. I come in just to tell you about that problem and its fixed pretty weird. But thanks it fixes that problem. smile

Multihack Crashes whenever I try to do an install.
I am using Windows 2000 with IIS5 and Multihack 1.5.1 and UBB version 6.05. I do have the latest MDAC 2.5 SP2 installed. If I do an analyze with several different mhx or mhp the analyze works great and everything passes. As soon as I do an install the screen freezes and the program closes.

Any thoughts?

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
I've heard of one other program on Win2k, something to do with the program crashing in the options sections. I have a win2k machine here that I am going to do some more testing on. Right now my guess is that there is an updated OCX or whatnot with Win2k that does not get overwritten during the install(as it shouldn't), but that is incompatible with the versions used to make the program.

What version of Win2k are you using? Pro, Server, Adv. Server?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63