Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Better change that, I've noticed it now in a non-private forum, I saw my self, but the WOL page says someone else was browsing the same forum and they weren't showing up on Currently Browsing this Forum. Clearing the Cache did fix this.

{SFP} Sonic
Expecting the Unexpected!
Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
Sonic,

By any chance did you manually install this hack? This looks to me like a problem of incorrect hacking.

qasic

quote:

??????????????????????????????? confused

How do i have table borders, i see ubbdev hasn't got it sorted yet?

[ July 15, 2001 02:16 AM: Message edited by: zerodegreeburn ]

Veteran
Veteran
Still get same error

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
quote:

Yes, I had to manually install the hack, the Automatic Installer did not work. I was using 3.8q before this. I've already installed it twice, and I though I had it working now. But it seems I keep running into more problems. My UBB .

{SFP} Sonic
Sponsored Links
LAI Offline
i am first time install whos online 4.0

but when i run the ultimatebb_whos_online_install.cgi, it display Internal Server Error, so i want to know what is the problem

pls help me, thx a lot

Developer
Developer
Sonic:

Chances are your ubb_forum.cgi file was hacked incorrectly. Please re-hack it from known good back up files, clear the forum cache and report back.

zerodegreeburn:

That is not a modification I cannot support so thus I cannot answer it.

LAI

Have you set the Perl path correctly inside ubb_whos_online_isntall.cgi? What did you chmod thisinstall file to be?

Chuck

I've replied to your PM.

qasic

Well, so far so good. There is currently no one else on my board right now, so I'll wait to tonight to see if it worked or not. Thanks for your help!

{SFP} Sonic
do you record the license number?

Developer
Developer
quote:
No.

qasic

Sponsored Links
The bug is gone, thanks for your help Qasic!

{SFP} Sonic
i mean table borders on the whos online modification, the hack is great and complete and working on my board, all i want to know is how to add table lines/borders to the whos online page? Or will you make it an option in the next verion?

When I go to register for qasic's site i get

qasic.com UBB Hacks Members Area

UNRECOVERABLE ERROR encountered.

qasic

A little suggestion

IMHO I suggest that you tell people that the Avatar hack also can be found on the UBBDev Multihack site.

I have problems to understand that people asking for the Avatar hack, are not getting this information, as if the UBBDev Multihack site is a secret only a few should know about.

Those using the MultiHack program are told to go to that site to get multihacks, and also find every other qasic hack, exerpt the Whos Online one.
Others are kept in the dark, not getting any information about it.

I dont think that is a proper way of doing things.

So, may it be a good suggestion to ask the admins of UBBDev to remove all your hacks from the UBBDev Multihack site, so the rules and your license policy can be made equal for everyone?

Ofcourse I rather see that you inform people about your hacks at UBBDev Multihack

Otherwise we have the situation that everyone else are getting their mailbox spammed with questions like "Can you please send me qasic's xxx hack". And that actually is to force other people to be your license policy agents.

I'm very sorry, I posted this in the wrong topic. It should be en the Avatar topic.....can someone please move it over there?

[ July 16, 2001 02:13 PM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]

Developer
Developer
gaul:

Thank you for your suggestion. However, because all those hacks do not have explicit distribution terms, that are allowed to be hosted there. WOL 4.1.0 will be the first to have more explicit, restricted distribution requirements.

qasic

how can i display this in the category pages, showing only who is in the category at that time? (is this possible?)

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I installed the script, followed the direction. Everything said it was installed and complete. Did the final steps, ran the ultimatebb_whos_online_install.cgi a final time and it said all was complete no errors. Went to the cp.cgi file and nothing. Internal Server Error, I restored the backedup copy. Bang the old one works... Hmm I am perplexed. It all said it was compelete and should run... I don't get it. Has anyone else experienced this?

krugar, try chmoding everything manually again if you are running unix.

Developer
Developer
Krugar

Was the hacked cp.cgi CHMODDED to 755 (i.e., CHMOD 755 mode was turned ON?)

CopyCat

Browsing Category feature is in WOL 4.1.0 (not specific to category though; only shows browsing the whole board)

qasic

Kruger: The same thing happened to me. It turned out that the installation-script had chmoded cp.cgi (and I think ultimatebb.cgi) completely wrong (chmod 755 mode was turned on) and chmoded them very strange (can't remember the exact chmod now). I chmoded them manually to 755 and everything worked.

/B

cp_whos_online.cgi, cp_vars_whos_online.pl (template) *
* vars_whos_online.cgi

These three files are not included in the zip for some reason?

Developer
Developer
quote:
Yeah, I fixed that. Stupid OCTAL numbers smile

qasic

what about the missing files? i've downloaded it and reread it but still don't see those three files anywhere...

Developer
Developer
Those files are generated by the install program.

qasic

Qasic,

I'm about to move from 3.8d I think to v4, typically I'll be doing this manually and comparing the old readme to the new and just changing the basic code as format is fine.

However should strict be:

#STRICT or just plain STRICT in the ultimatebb.cgi file, since that's in v3.8, but not 4 and what does it even do?

If there's anything I should be paying special attention to 'Format output wise' then let me know because I'm leaving all that as default from 3.8 (OLD UBB Dev style, not the new one).

i can't access the ubbhack portion of your site... no matter what i try you have an unrecoverable error in your lock script when i try to register.

it doesn't even recognize the url to my UBB - http://www.mycybershrink.com/cgi-bin/ultimate.cgi

please help - i'd really like this script.

-chris

[email protected]

oh come on man u got UBB5 work it out.

Although UBB5 bulletins should be supported as you have what 2 hacks.

My advice go into infopop get your self a copy of ubb6 and put it up on your site on a infolder like /cgi-bin/ubb6/ultimatebb.cgi and there you go. wink

[ July 18, 2001 11:40 AM: Message edited by: zerodegreeburn ]

Thanks Qasic,
I ponied up the whole what... $6.00 to have him install it. I notice it was changing the permission funky. I also did a bonehead thing and opened the files up using Homesite. Homesite asks you when opening up perl files or .pl if you want to open them single line or double. I guess I hit double which screwed it up too. Doctor Qasic to the rescue and great bed side manor I might add. Hell I would have paid $10.00 for that service LOL!! I recommend it to anyone if you just want it done and don't have time to troubleshoot it. Me I work 8 hours then have school for 5. The last thing I want to do at 1 a.m. is figure out what I did wrong with bleary eyes LOL. Thank you sir it was well worth it.

I have asked Qasic this in e-mail so we will see which one he reads first or if someone else knows how LOL. Is there a way to hide the IP address of the people who are online. Either eliminating them all together or preferably, making it available only to Admins?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
The IP address is only shown to administrators.

Developer
Developer
quote:
Actually, WOL 4.0.0 is is strict compatible so you DON'T have to uncomment that line. You may want to watch out in styles though as there have been some changes. Make sure you follow instructions carefully.

Developer
Developer
Chris: You need a capital on that Ultimate.cgi

Krugar: The option for displaying IPs is only available to mods and admins, admins or no one. It is configurable in the Who's Online Control Panel under General Settings.

qasic

[ July 18, 2001 04:31 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]

One last question Qasic I promise. This options in the Who's Online Control Panel
quote:
Is that minutes or seconds? I assume minutes but with a refresh you never know. I would hate for it to refresh every 3 seconds instead of 3 minutes or 60 minutes instead of 60 seconds. Thanks for your help.

Developer
Developer
Seconds.

qasic

Qasic,

Well I've put the v3.8d and v4 readme's together, going through them and ticking off what I need to remove from 3.8, add for v4 and replace/update of the old 3.8 code.

Now that's done I've ended up with a question, where's ubb_whos_online.cgi? It's not in the .ZIP archive.

I want to install this all manually due to custom changes and hacks (this isn't the only hack for UBB6 ya know, not to mention that a lot of others have changed to work with it) that need to be accounted for. So my guess is that somehow the special 'install cgi' creates the file? If so then that's useless to me for lots of reasons (some above).

Also have you don't away with the large Who's Online code block from ubb_lib.cgi completely? It's not in the v4 readme and seemed pretty important to the original?

Another thing, what exactly does STRICT do, I know you say Who's Online is compatible, but what is it in the first place?

Hopefully you can update the v4 Readme with the ubb_whos_online.cgi file as called in some of the v4 code, yet missing in the current zip - thanks.

The big block in ubb_lib.cgi was moved to ubb_whos_online.cgi.

Why not run the install and then just download the ubb_whos_online.cgi and replace the files updated from the install file with the backups created in your cgi folder?

I have no idea what the install program actually does, there's certainly no docs for it - just something that says to run it.

Nobody with tons of custom code and hacks installed would dare run something like that without first knowing what it would actually do, something I don't.

Why not just include the files? I'm certainly not going to change all my special server permissions and run it only to find I've got a fuxed forum. I just want the files =)... gimme the files - safely - the manual way - the proper way. You can't trust anything automated like this.

Developer
Developer
mark99,

Excellent questions. Here are my answers.

quote:
It's a programming thing. It's just a programming thing in perl which requries you to declare all variables to prevent stupid mistakes that Perl sometimes permits.

quote:
Those files are installed via ultimatebb_whos_online_install.cgi. Run that program and click the install_templates option. It'll automatically unpack and put the templates in the correct place.

qasic

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Actually... I have run it on ubbdev's main forums without problems... we have quite a few custom modifications as well... just make backups of your files and run it on a test board... voila!

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Allen, using the install thing already makes backup of your files. laugh

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63