Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Hi

I was using the older version (Who's Online v3.9qa) installed by Multi Hack 1.5.

Now I installed this update and it seams to work, but I get the following error message if I would like to enter to the Who's Online Settings in CP.

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::WhosOnlineSettings called at cp.cgi line 540.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

What's wrong with my board?

http://www.topboard.ch/cgi-bin/newubb/ultimatebb.cgi

I had also the problem, that I can't start CGI files with chmod 777. Therefore I changed it back to 755. My hoster is prohosting.com

Thanks for your help.

cu
Mike

Sponsored Links
sq Offline
Thank you, Matt Jacob.

I just downloaded Who is Online 4.0 package. I am confused with how to add to mu UBB. Should I modify FILES MODIFIED and load up NEW FILES listed in Whos_Online_Readme? I did not find loadup program for Who is Online 4.0.

Would you please tell me how add to my UBB?

[ July 02, 2001 01:47 PM: Message edited by: sq ]

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Mike, Did you run ultimatebb_whos_online_install.cgi and choose "install templates" later?

Yes, LK, and I got the message that everyting is ok...

cu
Mike

I get a problem when using the hop to box: to jump to a category .. I get

Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::GetOnlineUsers called at /home/stonecr/public_html/ubb/ubbcgi/ubb_forum_summary.cgi line 34.

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
quote:

Rinkrat,

This should not be happening anymore unless one of your Administrators is physically resetting the Who's Online recordbook inside the Control Panel. Didn't I install your WOL personally?

Are you using UBB on a Win95/Win98 machine by any chance?

qasic

Developer
Developer
quote:
Hiya,

Open up your cp.cgi and replace the two who's online related routines with the ones listed inside the readme for cp.cgi

qasic

Developer
Developer
quote:
Yo!

The instructions inside upgrade.txt should have fixed that for you!

qasic

Oh. I see what I did. I replaced that text with what I was searching for. If I am confusing you sorry. But it is all fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Hello guys........sorry to post such a 'stupid' post..but i am in need of some help. when i try to build the new files with multihack, here is what i get:
everything passes but:
FAILED ultimatebb.cgi #step 4

and a little ways down i get this message:
FAILED vars_wordlets_mods.cgi Copying support files...

Can someone please help me? i am kinda new to this so if you could help me out as though you were helping out your 10 year old son!!!

laugh laugh laugh
sorry wrong post i think...sorry once again

[ July 02, 2001 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Baptizer ]

Sponsored Links
DUDE!!!!!!!! qasic your a very cool cery awesome guy but man that ultimatebb_whos_omline thing is hell!!!!!

first off i had 3.9Qa and i was upgrading

it whent perfect from what the install thing said

but the three files it copied/backuped didnt realy get new files put in place of them they are word for word exact

and i donw know how that thing made the WOLbackups folder directory but i cant delete it,download form it or uplaod to it

im using a unix virtuall server at hosting4less.com

and now since i cant change the backup folder in anyway i can rerun the ultimatebb...........0install deal after doing what you said a few posts abck about changeing eveything including the templates to 777 and that should have fixed the bug of it not writting the new files

but now i cant

HELPPPPPP!!!!!
someone

[insert irony here]
Thanks for the geat hack !
easy install wink

i have only one question i'm trying to set it on barrysworld but i can't get the IP to work....

it seems to only get the server ip and not the user ip wich is preatty useless to me.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thank you smile

quote:
I'm on UNIX and yes you installed it. I am the only admin and I haven't reset it, but it keeps reverting back to lower numbers at more recent times. It was 114 an hour ago and now it's 34.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
looking good q, easy upgrade as well. nice work on the install scripts. smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
My Friend got it installed, Great Hack Q. smile

ops ignore my previous post as i solved the problem wink

thank you

great hack !!

thanks for the great script
one suggestion for a new version: do you think over offering who´s online with session-id´s? currently who´s online is based on the remote_addr, - in companies, users often have the same IP (because of NAT) and especially in my company it´s really funny to go to an UBB-board with
who´s online. the user-count is always 1. smile

it´s only a suggestion to put a session-id on the remote browser and get it every time the users is on a new page -

keep up the good work
alex

I just tried to upgrade and I got the following error when I try to configure it in the Control Panel:

Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::WhosOnlineSettings called at /home/sites/home/web/cgi-bin/cp.cgi line 553.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Also on the Board, when I click on Who's Online it doesn't show anyone??

thanks

One more questions, to upgrade I chmoded my cgi-bin to 777. Should I change that back?? What should it be normally?

Is that a security risk?

Is there anyway for me, the admin of my board, to see who is online, but not let everyone else see??

Addict
Addict
quote:
It should be forbidden to view in http. If not, change it back to 755.

I personally didn't like the new installer. I changed some styles in the ubb_whos_online.cgi so I had to do the hard way by using the install script then Beyond Compare the new files to the old ones...

[ July 03, 2001 12:12 PM: Message edited by: GoTorankusuKu ]

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Just 2 notes:

[*]I personally hate that when anything is alright in the CP, I get a FYI message. Change &StandardHTML to &cp_confirm twice in cp_whos_online.cgi

[*]Shouldn't "Main Page" be Wordletâ„¢ized?

Developer
Developer
Baptizer: Try starting out with a plain UBB install with only vars_wordlet_mods.cgi installed.

Murassmeblade: Hmmm ... I'll need access to your server to fix this one. PM the ftp details.

Rinkrat: I'll hit your server to investigate.

gingel: You can remove the grep IP line to fix that problem (although the record book will go wacko).

pgowder: Case of not CHMODING 777 correctly.

tw1112: Not currently.

LK: Okay, Okay smile

qasic

quote:

Thanks, "Q"!

It's not that big of a deal, in fact everything else is running fine in the "best hack for UBB available" but I just have a thing about keeping track of records on the site and would love to have it working. It was 130 this morning and now it's 40. frown

Developer
Developer
Rinkrat,

Did the method v3.9Qa keep it stable for you?

qasic

quote:
Nope

sq Offline
I just want to show how many visitors are on the net, and do not want to show who is who. Where can I get that hack problem?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Change the display type to summary instead of list.

Developer
Developer
Hi rinkrat,

Sorry but it looks as if your problem has got me stumped. I tried setting exclusive locks in Who's Online and that just dragged your server into a crawl. Sorry frown You may want to turn of your recordbook so your forumites won't notice any problems.

Again apologies for being unable to solve your problem frown

qasic

Get it, got it, good. Gonna check how swell it works on my site as soon as I get some sleep after rebooting my PC and reinstalling everything, (DSL crashed registry so I was unable to try it out right away, I downloaded but didn't use, so I Archived it on my site to download after the reboot). Anywho, I'm off, report back with you tomorrow, also, just downed the 6.05 upgrade and will get that running too. Busy day... -_- shocked

"Sorry but it looks as if your problem has got me stumped."

No probs "Q", Thanks for having a look for me. I'll turn it off. This hack is mandatory and should be part of the "official" ubb!

[ July 04, 2001 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]

thanks q,

but. what do you mean by saying
"gingel: You can remove the grep IP line to fix that problem (although the record book will go wacko)."

what is the "grep ip line"?

thanks again !

alex. wink

First hack I ever saw I have to register to download. Why is it this is the only hack I have seen that requires this? New rules or something I missed?

[ July 04, 2001 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Tim 3dfiles ]

Developer
Developer
gingel:

Open up ubb_whos_online.cgi

Find:

@online = grep{!/|^|$remote_ip|^|/} @online;

And replace it with:

# @online = grep{!/|^|$remote_ip|^|/} @online;

Save file and re-upload.

qasic

I notice that a lot of sites have the who's online summary listed like a forum instead of a table below the login status/location bar, does anyone know how to make it appear like a forum?

Read the style Guide.txt that comes with the zip.

Member / Blamoholic
Member / Blamoholic
quote:
Just to ensure no one with warez versions oof ubb are using things they shouldn't be smile

[ July 04, 2001 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Bookie - ]

Well, theres a few hundred or so hacks over past couple of years that dont require it... Ill assume the real reason is for the banner and popup ad hits, not that he doesent deserve it for his time.... But I doubt the warez version story, it doesent fit.

Anyhow, ill leave it be, didnt want to throw us off topic.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
The banners/popups are from qasic's host, and are not there to make a profit. The real reason is to prevent WOL from getting warez'd, although I've heard it's already been done...

Developer
Developer
Nothing can be done about the banners. Well technically, I can get rid of them by modifying some HTML but my site would be terminated if I did that tipsy

However, Hypermart has hosted my server for something like 3 years now with no probs (I'm on server2.hypermart.net) so I'm just not about to abandon them now just for the sake of popups showing on my site now.

However, the real reason behind them is for support reasons. Have you noticed that support requests for WOL has dropped drastically ever since I've implemented this system. People generally smart enough to sign up for my auth system usually have little/no trouble installing hacks. Saves me time smile

The majority of tech support reqs now are questions regarding members area access and I think I've gone through enough problems now that I've perfected it as much as possible without risking the ire of Infopop.

Furthermore, this auth system has allowed me to otherwise know of people who use UBBs for other uses than the web. For example, did you know of UBBs that are used for intranet purposes or by government agencies for example? I'll also get to hear from people from all over the world. Just today I received an e-mail from another French UBB user who I didn't know about at the Dev smile

Now that's cool!

qasic

[ July 05, 2001 12:29 AM: Message edited by: qasic ]

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63