Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I just get this after installing every thing as far as I know fine:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::NewsRow called at ubbnews.cgi line 126.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

ANY help much apreciated smile

Sponsored Links
syl Offline
One question what code would i have to edit to make the headline fonts in bold or maybe a bit bigger??????

Ok someone help plz, i've tryed installing this twice now, on different boards on different servers and I can't get it to work
link to error page

is the problem the fact that I only have version 6.0?

[ July 12, 2001 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Fatphil ]

Oh well I gave up on UBBNews2 and I have installed version 1 as I can get that one to work, check out the greatness laugh

link

quote:
Got the same problem, anyone?

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
??? ubb 6.1 ???

###########

i insert:
works fine

##########

i insert:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

WY ?!?!?

but it works fine - when i called directly !!!

[ July 15, 2001 12:42 PM: Message edited by: melder ]

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
bump laugh plz help

Well, I have UBBNews 2.0 now running for two weeks, it runs fine laugh but it generates A LOT OF TRAFFIC.

I have around 5000 hits a day on UBBNews and it has around 350 MB of traffic a day. Is that normal ?

Pretty much - I have to upgrade my server ;-)

Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
-----------------------------
Webmaster of Hardwareluxx.com
Real quick cosmetic question...

Is there anyway to move the News Fader display ABOVE, the Forum Title / Description Bar (i.e. Forum | Topics | Posts | LastPost | Moderator )...

Thanks!!! I have Custom Category strip backgrounds, and use both of them, it would look alot nicer to swap those to tables.

Help, I have installed the mod, everything is working great till I call for the news, when I enter the url in my browser, I get this error:

Undefined subroutine &main::SummaryRow called at /home/custombb/public_html/ubb/cgi-bin/ubbnews.cgi line 126.

Any help is nice smile

Sponsored Links
there is no way to change the style or the colors in the output .. whatever changes i do in public_ubb_news.pl , it keep the same colors and style ..

cleareing the cache ,, starting a new season .. will not make any change

When I click UBBNews in the CP, it says : "FYI You Don't Have Permission to enter" .

Why ?

I CHmodded it all right as well.

[ July 24, 2001 05:54 AM: Message edited by: ZoneX ]

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Rehack cp.cgi

Thanks LK, that did the trick. smile

Hmmm. I can get the session through the browser by typing http://gamingrealm.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubbnews.cgi?ns_id=1 . How come it won't work when I use or that other method posted here ?

So how can I get the news to show in a post I make.

FYI,

If you're getting a error dealing with undefined subroutine &main::NewsRow or SummaryRow, that just means you forgot to upload the public_ubbnews.pl file in the templates dir. (Since the NewsRow and SummaryRow functions are defined there)

I had the same problem, and when I upload the file, the problem went away smile

Anyone...

Hmmm. I can get the session through the browser by typing http://gamingrealm.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubbnews.cgi?ns_id=1 . How come it won't work when I use or that other method posted here ?

So how can I get the news to show in a post I make.

I have hacked everything right. when I call directly from the browser it works fine, but when I insert a SSI call it gives me this, " HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:02:07 GMT Content-Type: text/html
404 Object Not Found " , I tihnk I know why, its not my host because I can use news pro fine. but I can't use this, is the reason because I have my UBB hosted on forum.undertakerinc.org, and my site on underinc.org, so my SSI call looks like
( ), if you go directly to my news you can see it, but the text is black, any reson on why thats happened, if someone can help me out that would be good

thanks in adavance.

I know this may be a lot to ask, but is there any way that this mod could be modded (even more, yay!) to only pull posts by specific users? I help run a gaming development board. People are often rending their garments and crying to the heavens because it's hard to find developer posts. I wanted to use UBBNews to pull the X most recent posts that users 9, 12, 35, 37, etc. had made. Can anyone think of a good way to do this? BTW, the hack, as written, works well on my system after using #include.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Lord, type the path, not URL.

Its seems you didn't read my whole post. I site, and Bulletin are in way different directories, all my UBB files are stored on forum.undertakerinc.org, then my site is on undertakerinc.org, so there folder are not both just like that, thats why I came here to seek answers wink

I can't seem to change the text colour for the script can someone please assist?

i want the text to be white but when i put in the hex code and save the template my ubbnews script is using it stays as black!

Is this the same script that UBBDEV.com is using on the front page through SSI?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes... without hacking the ubb files smile It runs the center column in regular mode and the right hand column in headline mode.

I don't have time right now to explain the setup for it, but all you really need to do is set the variables and upload the files...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
@ all

the hack works great but:

a look in my error-log-file:
ubbnews.cgi: Odd number of elements in hash assignment at [..] /ubbnews.cgi line 94.

whats that?

greetings
/cartman

Just need a question answered. Read through the hack install and when it asked to find:

use vars qw( and then add:

%vars_ubbnews %vars_ubbnews_sessions

This is what I have when I did a search on on my
CP.cgi:

use vars qw(%vars_wordlets_mods);
#use vars qw(%vars_config %vars_display %vars_email %GotTime $status @memberslist %vars_wordlets_cp %vars_wordlets_email %vars_wordlets_err %vars_wordlets_img %vars_wordlets_date %template_match %vars_wordlets %vars_misc %vars_style %vars_search %vars_registration %vars_time @ubbadmin $username $password $InfopopCopyright $ThisHTML %in %ProfileNumber $memlistopen $CurrentTab %template $template $CPMenu $CPHeader $CPFooter $CPDropDown $Hiddens $public_name $LoginWording $admin_number $direct_to $version $version_number $cache_cookie %member_profile $selscript $exact_path %vars_rate);

Any suggestions?

I already asked this somewhere elkse but didn't get a reply :-(

Is it possible to change the UBBnews script into something like Webwereld site ? (in Dutch, but you'll know what I mean, click on 19 reacties in the yellow bar)

So the reactions are more or less seperated from the board...

Anybody can use there own newsscripts but use the reaction (and usernames) from UBB.

JB007, I like your script, but I hope you can modify it for general newssytems as well !

P.

is this mod still in Beta, or has it been tested, and final?

Hello Guys!
I'm sorry for my delay, I was in a vacation to Korea/Japan. I went to the World Cup 2002 studium in Korea
Well, I'm sorry for any inconvience that I had caused for all of you. If someone can address the common problems and questions so that I can get back on the track?
SplitFyre, put that code in the first line.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Good to see you again JB, sounds like a great trip.

We're still using this on our front page with no ubb file modifications, just setting the variables in the scripts and ssi'ing where we need, works really well smile )

About the only thing I would like to see in this more than what's there is the ability to have a drop-down list of icons when you make a post that you can choose to include like the microphone we have that's hard-coded. The drop-down would allow you to have icons that "fit" the subject matter, much like slashcode. One other thing might be the use of more than one template... smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hey guys,

I cannot seem to pull anything from the forum that I have designated news to be pulled from.

When I browse to:

http://www.futurelooks.com/cgi-bin/ubbnews.cgi?ns_id=1

It shows up as blank but in our forum there are two threads in there? What could this be?

Here is what I have currently in my CP.CGI which I think is not the problem:

#use strict;
use Fcntl ':flock';
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser carpout);
use CGI qw(:cgi-lib :standard);
use vars qw(%vars_ubbnews %vars_ubbnews_sessions %vars_wordlets_mods);
#use vars qw(%vars_config %vars_display %vars_email %GotTime $status @memberslist %vars_wordlets_cp %vars_wordlets_email %vars_wordlets_err %vars_wordlets_img %vars_wordlets_date %template_match %vars_wordlets %vars_misc %vars_style %vars_search %vars_registration %vars_time @ubbadmin $username $password $InfopopCopyright $ThisHTML %in %ProfileNumber $memlistopen $CurrentTab %template $template $CPMenu $CPHeader $CPFooter $CPDropDown $Hiddens $public_name $LoginWording $admin_number $direct_to $version $version_number $cache_cookie %member_profile $selscript $exact_path %vars_rate);

IS there anything wrong in here? I really want to implement this feature.. Any help is appreciated.. even when pulling through an SSI call it shows as being blank.

Got it to work... yea!

Can't seem to get it to pull anything into my news_frame.htm. Using Front Page for now and cannot seem to get the damn thing to pull.

The way in which I want to pull the UBBNews is through a news_frame.htm file. If I use the Include Page function in Front Page it requests a link URL. So I put in:

http://www.futurelooks.com/cgi-bin/ubbnews.cgi?ns_id=1

It loaded once for a few seconds and then disappeared. Is anyone else using Front Page to implement this hack? I want to know if I am to use the virtual or exec SSI line where do I put it within the code? I can't remember. Your help is appreciated. Bottom line is I can't pull it through a frame but only if I pull it up manually through a browser!

Ok here it is.. my news page gets pulled through a frame and no matter what I do I cannot get the UBBNews to pull up in the include. In the frame I specified latest_news.shtml but it won't pull anything outside of existing data before UBBNews2.0 implementation. What do I need to do to get the data to pull as it will pull through a normal call to the browser:

www.futurelooks.com/cgi-bin/ubbnews?ns_id=1

Everything seems to be working just fine with this mod, in CP and when I post but 1 thing. It is not showing up on the page that the news was intended to be on. Here is the page that the SSI should be getting its info from. But as you can see here that the news is not there. I am using the following code to pull in the news...
Code
code:

Have I done something wrong or does this not work for version 6.05 yet?

Iinstalled it but i get this software error:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::NewsRow called at ubbnews.cgi line 129.

Is there something that i did wrong or something i missed??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

OKAY!!! ... i got iw working and it works GREAT!

This is a great mod laugh

I have it installed and it works perfectly! Except for one thing. In Internet Explorer (5.5) it shows up just the way i want it to. But with Netscape, It shows the text but not the table around the post/new, or the colors of the table cells.

For a better example, here are some creens of my dilema.

Internet Explorer
Netscape!!! mad

Did I do something wrong or does everyone have this problem???

I have installed this hack and it works great. I would like to remove the option to view replies, I will be using this hack to display news but do not want the guest to post replies or view the forum. How can I do this??

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63