Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Warning: this is NOT about adding new profile fields, this is about updating original UBB6 profile fields ONLY within one of my hacks. It won't add/delete, only modify existing data harmlessly.

FIRST...
I can easily, easily create my own routine to read/modify/write data to the xxxxxx.cgi profile data file. I can do it in my sleep, BUT...

What surprises me is that after examining source for both creation of the file via registration and also profile updates (for examples) I don't see a common subroutine used to accomplish this extremely simple task (writing all profile fields to disk, easily and quickly via one sub-routine shared by other modules of UBB6.)

I am not looking for source, but simply an answer to my question - is there one subroutine to store all profile fields in one quick, easy operation?

If not, certainly no biggie... I can program that in a heartbeat and do it much better with plenty of validation checking, etc.

I am astounded, actually. Hope I'm wrong and missed something obvious. I am writing this after on a quick examination of source so pardon me if I missed it right in front of my face.

-jim

Sponsored Links
deutscher Member
deutscher Member
Look under cp_users.cgi

sub update_members

quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. That actually benefits what I am doing, indirectly.

Actually, that's in CP and is for updating all the member files (plural), not one specific user profile (see subject header of this topic) but thanks anyway.

Infopop clearly replicates common file operations many, many times throughout source. That's all I'm gonna say (heh!) with all due respect to the hardworking Infopop team.

:rolleyes:

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
This is changing for the better in 6.1... don't bother doing anything related to adding extra fields to user profiles until then... not worth all the work. *L*

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63