Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I need some help with page layout for my new board. I wanted to rearrange the top of the UBB board where this is :
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

I would like to center that information on the page and make the font size a little larger.

I was also wonder if you guys or gals could help me format some of the pages or atleast point me in the right direction.
On the main page of the board where it lists the forums I want to take out the sections that have the number of posts and who last posted and when. I really just want the graphic for post status and the name of the forum. Could I take care of that by making it just category view?

Also once you go to the forums I really don't want who started the topic on the page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh one last question is there anyway to change the graphic for the hop to menu? Maybe css?

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
1. Easiest way would be to use a 1x1 pixel transparent image as your logo. This makes those links centered automatically; that's the way we do it at UBBDev... You lose a logo image, but you can always add one back in via the Header field if you want.

2. What page are you talking about?

3. Look in public_forum_summary.pl in your Templates folder. Remove the two columns for those sections (one will be for the table header, one will be for the main row). Anything you want to do to the main forums homepage will be done in public_forum_summary.pl.

3A. Category view only displays categories. Not the forums within those categories. And it doesn't have the on/off bulbs either. So nope, that's prolly not the way to go.

4. That's in public_forum_page.pl. Again, remove both instances of the column - header row and main row.

5. What graphic? I didn't know there was a graphic for the Hop to menu... ??

Hope this helps.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Thanks alot for the help Skorpion!

The Hop To menu has formating not a graphic that can be changed in the CP. I have seen people change the formating of the hop to menu so that it looked different. Instead of a rounded raised look (for IE on the mac) and instead of a cut-out look(IE on the PC) they had it flat looking. I was just wondering how they did that. I have seen scroll bars changed too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63