Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#111373 11/14/2001 10:26 PM
Moderator / Template Diva
This is something I've been planning on doing for quite some time, but never got around to it for various reasons. But I've finally got the project started, so I'm announcing it now to generate some interest & get some feedback, or something like that (and cuz I'm bored and want something to type). laugh

Template² is the next template project that I'll be publically releasing. It will encompass a customized Compact Headers 2.0, Se7enet's Stuffbox (aka Compact Footers 2.0), as well as a brand new look for at least the three main forum views. I have only gotten started on those three pages views right now, but I kind of plan on expanding it to the posting pages (topic, reply, edit, pm), the profile page, *and* some hacks pages if I can get permission from the authors. The look will be something of a combination of the current Se7enet templates as well as the ones used on the original 1.0 site. XHTML conformity is also planned. Though I haven't really talked about this with Allen or the other admins, I'm kind of hoping UBBDev will use/demo it.

If it all goes the way I plan it, Template² will have several prerequisite hacks that you have to add first, as well as several of my own custom code changes to make the new design fully integrated into the base code. This is because I feel that many people would like the template mods but using them would break some of their hacks. Thus, I'm going to be creating all the templates with the appropriate hacks in mind so everything works fine and dandy. At this point, the hacks I'm mostly thinking about for prerequisites are Who's Online, the PM notification thingy, MyStyle­™, Hit hack, Hypercells, and the last post by on forum_page one. I call these prerequisite hacks because you'll have to have them installed correctly before installing Template² or else things won't work. That hack requirements list is subject to change before release, so don't hold me to that. BTW, if the authors of those hacks read this and want to give me permission to alter the hacks and use them in Template², please pm/email me or just reply here, it's much appreciated! laugh

Any comments or feedback or suggestions for inclusion are encouraged, but don't be offended if I don't use them. I expect some form of public release within a few weeks of me getting my computer back. I may post some screenies before that to make you drool a little, too... wink

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
Sounds awesome...if you need a test board, let me know, I'm always willing to try things out on my ubb... smile

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sounds interesting Skorp, and yes, I am sure we have a place for them here smile

Those prerequisite modifications sound ok, but will need to be pushed to finished status so we can use them here. All modifications installed here as demo now need to be in finished status.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sounds very intresting!

Nice! Can't wait!

Sponsored Links
Sounds great! smile

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Sounds cool!

BTW, you are allowed to modify MyStyle however you want (even though I have no idea how it can be modified wink )

love the idea skorp, i bet my members are gnana love it to! laugh

Kahuna
Kahuna
does this mean that a new, seperate, individual hack/mod (whatever) for compact headers and/or compact footers will not be available?

frown

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
those are being done right about now. check the test board for them:

https://www.ubbdev.com/test/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I have been finishing the xhtml bugtesting. I'll be sending them over to skorpion for final approval and he'll post them this week.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Yeah, crazy amounts of ninja love go to Allen for porting Compact Headers up to 6.1.0.3! laugh He informs me it will be done very soon, so we'll have CH2 Final up for download soon.

As far as Compact Footers, at this time I don't have any plans to do a separate CF2/Stuffbox hack, as it will be only included in Template². If anyone feels the need to port the current Compact Footers up to 6.1.0.3, feel free, but I don't think I'll work on it as a standalone hack right now.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63