Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#104295 08/31/2001 12:08 AM
Hi, I need some help. I have in my site different services all with different providers. I have my forums with Infopop, free email for my guests with everyone.net, etc.
How can I do to integrate everything? I would like that my visitors register once in my main page, and automatically gain a mail account, acces to the forums, chat, etc. As I have it now, they have to register at the ubb and have to register again in my clasiffied ads. What I ask can be done? Is there a company that provides all this and manages the system so I do not have to worry about it?

P.S - If the moderator believes this is not the correct forum for this topic, plz move it.

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Fish
Moderator / Fish
url?

what I suggest you do is just make a little form script that when filled in will pass the necessary strings to the different registration scripts...you'll have to be careful though, if a username's taken in one part of your site but not the other that could cause problems. Also you'll have to point all the links to register to that script, that shouldn't be a problem though...

I guess that'd work, ignore me if I'm talking poo though tipsy

My URL

Sally, you are not talking poo. Now I know that IT CAN be done. Before this, I was asking for some advice to head me in the right direction. Perhaps what I was asking for was totally ridiculous.

So, I have to make a script. The problem is that I don´t have the knowledge to programm it myself. Anyone willing to do it? I don´t know how if you charge for this, but perhamps it´s something I can afford.

Please tell me if someone wants to do it, so I can give further indications of what I would want.

Nobody wants to do this script?

confused

I'm looking for something similar also!! frown

Sponsored Links
Manuel,

This script is virtually impossible to code. The reason being is that EVERYONE.NET is a 3rd party website that hosts e-mail services. They have their own intergrated setup on how you sign up. Their server runs so that when you sign up it updates their databases.. now for someone to actually code a script that can do this would have to first gain rights towards using the EVERYONE.NET databases, which basically is a ton of work that just isn't feasable for trying to do a hack.

Yes it would be nice to have an e-mail and all that, but unless the e-mail was directed into your server, you cannot design a script that will tap into a major e-mail company's server. Thats like me saying I'm going to have a sign up page for hotmail on my site and it will automatically bypass all of Microsoft's TOS and all that.

I need something like this also. Right now my site is very simple, only has the UBB, but I would like to add chat and maybe some other member services. EVERYONE.NET notwithstanding, is there something that can do this?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63