Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#1016 05/02/2001 8:40 PM
UBBDEV Community:

Even though 2001 is still very young, it has already been an amazing year for UBB Developers Network and our global community.

Recently we registered our 6000th member. In retrospect, as promising and as strong as UBB Developers Network was in December of last year, we still couldn't have forseen this level of success so early on. As I've said before, Allen, Deb, and I are so proud of the hard work and the unselfish commitment that we have seen exhibited by our entire staff.

Speaking personally, I take great pride in knowing that I work side-by-side with such talented developers as Skorpion, Matt Jacob, and Charles Capps. UBB Developers Network would not be anywhere near as wonderful as it is today without the unending generosity of our entire staff and for that I am deeply thankful.

This year we are also very proud to say that we have received full support and public recognition from the InfoPop Corporation. While we have always supported the Ultimate Bulletin Board software package, it makes our jobs that much sweeter knowing that the creater's of this amazing development tool not only appreciate the work we do here, but have come to rely upon it.

So what does the future hold for UBB Developers Network? We will continue to offer our members the very highest level of development support that we possibly can, well beyond what the mass majority of other digital communities can even begin to fathom.

Additionally, we want to not only make UBB Developers Network a place where developers and artists can come for answers, but also a place where they can freely congregate and socialize in a relaxed atmosphere. As I speak, we are in the process of finalizing the first ever UBB Developers Network chat forum. Artists and developers alike will be able to meet and discuss cutting edge technologies in real time, possibly with some of the great trailblazers of the Internet. We are also in the development stages with the UBB Developers Network eZine, which will include, among other things, personal interviews with other commercial site administrators and web developers. Our first ever official UBB Developers Network t-shirts will also be available for purchase very shortly. We anxiously look forward to these and other developments that have yet to surface.

I like to think of success as being defined not by what you have accomplished, but by what you have yet to accomplish. UBB Developers Network is still very young and we have much to accomplish. I look forward with my head held high to the months and years to come hoping that the outstanding success that we have seen thus far is but a mere fraction of things to come.

Thank you for your time, your loyalty, and your commitment to what was once only a simple dream.

Digital Boy

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
Good times are ahead! smile

q

I must say that this is one of my favorite UBB's on the web I can come here relax, do what I like to do in a friendly enviroment without the pressure to speed post smile
This is a great community that you guys have worked hard on! Keep up the good work smile

Old Hand
Old Hand
UBBDev is my second UBB home. I've met some very talented people here. The profesionalizm and maturity of this community is second to none. With a start like UBBDev is having, the best is yet to come!

GG, UBBDev!

I'm glad to hear that all of our efforts here are not going to waste! We want you to be able to come here, not just for development resources, but also for socialization. One of our ultimate goals is to one day be able to walk down the street and say to someone, "Hey, have you heard of UBB Developers Network?" and have them say, "Yes, that site has helped my development process more times than not. It really has become an essential tool in my toolbox." (or a conversation very much like that. wink )

Just to update you, I just finalized an interview for our eZine with a very talented and much respected site administrator. I can't give out the site name yet. Even though his site is not directly involved with UBB, I think his insight into digital development communities will prove very valuable.

- DB

Sponsored Links
We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for losers, cause we are the champions, of the world..........

*nuff said* smile laugh wink

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Good word DB smile And welcome new and old members, it's been fun and will get even better...:)

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
you've said it nicely DB!!

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Ditto to Allen and M². Nicely put DB, old chap!

Thank you guys/gals. However, I really think that you folks should be taking the praise, not me. You folks are really the unsung heros of UBBDEV!

- DB

Sponsored Links
WOOHOO! Keep up the good work UBBDev!!! I'll keep on enjoying working with and helping out the members and staff in any way I can!

:D:D:D

-DT

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849