Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
How Do I? Jump to new posts
Re: Download old versions? isaac 06/24/2019 8:32 PM
You need to contact the correct website that would be UBBCENTRAL.COM

That is the site address which is listed all throughout the software you are seeking to obtain.

ubbcentral.com is the only site that sells UBB.threads. And it's the site where you'd create a support ticket for licensing questions.

UBBDEV.COM is only a sister site to them, as it is owned by a software enthusiast and run but enthusiasts who supplies custom coding to them.
3 38 Read More
Re: Download old versions? ryanclewis 06/24/2019 8:00 PM
Sure, I'm not talking about piracy. I'm just trying to get a legitimate copy of UBB version 7.5.7. I was under the impression this site was run by the same people who own UBB, which is why I asked here.

If you say a license allows you to download every version, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!
3 38 Read More
Re: Download old versions? Gizmo 06/23/2019 11:37 PM
We do not condone any software piracy.

Your client is welcome to purchase a license at any time in order to obtain access to every release of the software package.

In any case, the proper place for this would be the vendors site, and not a a development site; it's not our software to give out.
3 38 Read More
Download old versions? ryanclewis 06/23/2019 10:41 PM
Hey everybody!

I'm doing contract work for a client who has a lot of custom modifications to their forum. They're on version 7.5.7 and I'd like to do a diff of the live code vs. the original 7.5.7 code, just so I can see what exactly all these modifications are.

Is there a way I can download old versions like that? (FYI I don't have the UBB license info and I don't think my client does either. I can ask them to try to dig it up if necessary.)

Thanks!
3 38 Read More
Promoting your Community Jump to new posts
Re: A great way to Promote Your Community Morgan 06/23/2019 8:22 AM
Oops, right.. I was kind a late with my reply then.. smile
3 5,679 Read More
Re: A great way to Promote Your Community isaac 06/23/2019 8:20 AM
This thread was created 16 years ago with UBB.threads 6.3.x.
3 5,679 Read More
Re: A great way to Promote Your Community Morgan 06/23/2019 8:19 AM
Hi
Non of above links seems to work so I guess this thread is out of date.. wink
3 5,679 Read More
Official UBB.threads Announcements Jump to new posts
UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-21) isaac 06/23/2019 3:46 AM
Changelog 2019-06-21
[UPDATE] More SQL query updates to remove excessive (unused) column requests.
[FIX] Viewing Private Messages when the discussion has reached its maximum number of replies will display a notice, and no longer displays the quick-reply box, or reply buttons.
[FIX] Members attempting to create new Private Topics (PT/PM) when their account does not have permission, no longer displays an "action disabled" message. The member is now told their account requires a higher access level.
[FIX] Private Topics (PT/PM) now respects "Display Member Avatars With Posts," and will hide them when disabled.
0 11 Read More
CSS Styles (UBB.threads v7) Jump to new posts
Re: Touch_Of_Gray AstroCat 06/21/2019 6:09 PM
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I have a similar style [virtualnightclub.net] (close match to colors, but mobile friendly) that I sell for $30; its called Serene Modern (Grey) [virtualnightclub.net]

Thanks Gizmo but I only play around with UBB every once in while....The software is just to aggravating in terms of setting up forums I do not like the way the forum permissions are set up...
4 53 Read More
Re: Touch_Of_Gray Gizmo 06/21/2019 5:17 PM
I have a similar style [virtualnightclub.net] (close match to colors, but mobile friendly) that I sell for $30; its called Serene Modern (Grey) [virtualnightclub.net]
4 53 Read More
Re: Touch_Of_Gray AstroCat 06/21/2019 1:32 PM
Thanks....I got it already...
4 53 Read More
Re: Touch_Of_Gray isaac 06/21/2019 12:57 PM
If you cannot find it here, one solution is to copy/paste the style's CSS in to the "Extra Properties" section of a new style within your forum Style Editor.

But probably the most "non technical" way is to simply email the admin of that forum and ask if they'll be willing to export and email it to you.
4 53 Read More
Touch_Of_Gray AstroCat 06/17/2019 12:33 PM
Anyone know where I can get this style?

https://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbthreads.php
4 53 Read More
UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-17) isaac 06/17/2019 8:49 AM
Changelog 2019-06-17
[NEW] CP: Portal News Body Image (News Block). When enabled, this will search the news item for an image. The portal news item will be displayed as a "News Block," with the image on the left and the news post text to the right of it. Text is truncated, line breaks and HTML are stripped, and links will be retained. If no image is found, the news item is displayed normally.
[NEW] CP: Portal News Expander hides (collapses) a portion of the news content and adds an "expand" link so that the text can be viewed by the user if they wish. This feature can be set to a number of characters at which the contents will be sliced into two parts with the option to expand; or it can be left empty to never slice news items, and always display the full news item.

[FIX] MySQL 5.7+ fixes to correctly handle GROUP BY clauses. This is a code fix, not a band-aid patch, such as reconfiguration to your SQL MODE settings by adding "TRADITIONAL" or removing "ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY" from it.
0 63 Read More
UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-13) isaac 06/13/2019 1:38 PM
Changelog 2019-06-13
[NEW] Attached images can now be embedded directly in to posts from the Attachment Manager by clicking on the attachment's thumbnail image.
[NEW] Attached images within posts will be hidden from the Grouped and Inlined images set. This reduces redundancy and provides additional features such as placing select attached images behind a spoiler tags, or attaching post styling elements such as an introduction graphic.
[NEW] Attachment Manager will now display a loading animation until its completely loaded.

[UPDATE] Attachment Manager can now be closed by clicking outside of its window.
[UPDATE] Attachment Manager has been given a slight facelift.

[Linked Image]

Note: Each embedded image attachment expects that you will use your post to describe your images, therefor they will not display descriptions created within the Attachment Manager. Attachments that are not embedded will continue to use descriptions and will continue to be presented in the lightbox player.
0 64 Read More
Re: UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-10) isaac 06/10/2019 11:53 PM
** links where the LINK TITLE and its URL match will remain the same output as previous versions of UBB.threads
example 1: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DRMSTX6
example 2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DRMSTX...B07DRMSTX6B07DRMSTX6B07DRMSTX6B07DRMSTX6

** links where the LINK TITLE and its URL do not match will have the URL HOST placed after the title. it will have the www stripped and presented in all lower case as, [example.com]
BATMAN TOY [amazon.com]

** links where the URL HOST is our own, will display the same as previous versions of UBB.threads
Hello World

Notes:
* The "BBCode only" version is stored in the BBCode column of the post table, and and HTML version is generated upon saving.
* The "HTML only" version remains exactly as the user entered it, and will be presented back to the user if they return to make edits to it.
5 102 Read More
Re: UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-10) isaac 06/10/2019 11:32 PM
URL examples in the following posts:

images hotlinked from the HTTP and HTTPS here:
https://id242.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/20/attached-photos

This image is hot-linked to a domain on HTTPS.
IMAGE HTTPS:
[Linked Image from id242.com]

IMAGE HTTPS wrapped in URL BBCode:
[Linked Image from id242.com] [id242.com]

** if enabled, linked images from HTTP urls will get a link instead of trying to imbed. the hosted domain is displayed so the end user can decide if they want to click it or not.
IMAGE HTTP:
[Linked Image]

IMAGE HTTP wrapped in URL BBCode:
[Linked Image] [id242.com]
5 102 Read More
Re: UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-10) isaac 06/10/2019 11:14 PM
Profile Editor "Avatar (Profile Picture)" section has been updated with;

1/ Radio buttons for NONE and STOCK will now automatically highlight when they are being used.
2/ If not using a system assigned avatar, you'll get the warning about removing your preferred avatar if you select it.
3/ A broken avatar image no longer displays when there is no avatar. That code bug is now squashed.
4/ Cleaned up the "browse for file" button presentation.
5/ If the forum requires https and allows remote avatars, you'll get a warning of this requirement.
5 102 Read More
Re: UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-10) isaac 06/10/2019 11:05 PM
Control Panel > Content Rebuilder/Transition Actions > Update Forum URL References from HTTP to HTTPS
This tool will update all existing Main Forum URL references from HTTP to HTTPS. This action includes posts, private topics, profile comments, signatures, and user avatars.

This performs the actions described in the OP of this thread:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...transition-your-forum-from-http-to-https

Preview: http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums -> https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums
5 102 Read More
Re: UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-10) isaac 06/10/2019 11:02 PM
Control Panel > Features > Require HTTPS for Hotlinked Images
Enabling this feature will only allow hotlinking of images from secure urls (HTTPS) to be displayed inline. Hotlinked images from insecure urls (HTTP) will be presented as a clickable link.

When enabled, users editing their profile are notified, "Remote avatars must be https" and "Hotlinked signature images must be https."

The Site Permissions editor (CP) for those permissions will also display a notice if this enabled feature.

** When you enable this feature, its recommended that you also rebuild your Posts, Signatures, and Private Messages with the Content Rebuilder, to update your older posts.
5 102 Read More
UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-06-10) isaac 06/10/2019 10:47 PM
Changelog 2019-06-10
[NEW] CP: New forum feature toggle to require HTTPS for hotlinked inlined images. Enabling this feature will only allow hotlinking of images from secure urls (HTTPS) to be displayed inline. Hotlinked images from insecure urls (HTTP) will be presented as a clickable link. When you enable this feature, its recommended that you also rebuild your Posts, Signatures, and Private Messages with the Content Rebuilder, to update your older posts. When enabled, users editing their profile are notified, "Remote avatars must be https" and "Hotlinked signature images must be https." The Site Permissions editor (CP) for those permissions will also display a notice if this enabled feature.
[NEW] CP: New Content Transition tool. This tool will update all existing Main Forum URL references from HTTP to HTTPS (SSL). This action includes posts, private topics, profile comments, signatures, and user avatars. This performs the actions described in the OP of this thread [ubbcentral.com]. Preview: http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums -> https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums

[UPDATE] SECURITY UPDATE: Fetch IP library has been updated to clean up any ports, comma separated lists, and perform additional IPv4/IPv6 validation & handling. In the uncommon case where a valid IP address cannot be determined, the connection will be refused with an "Invalid IP address received" notice.
[UPDATE] CP: When debugging is enabled, on some pages which execute database actions, the database commands will be displayed.
[UPDATE] Profile Editor "Avatar (Profile Picture)" section has been updated with; 1/ Radio buttons for NONE and STOCK will now automatically highlight when they are being used. 2/ If not using a system assigned avatar, you'll get the warning about removing your preferred avatar if you select it. 3/ A broken avatar image no longer displays when there is no avatar. That code bug is now squashed. 4/ Cleaned up the "browse for file" button presentation. 5/ If the forum requires https and allows remote avatars, you'll get a warning of this requirement.
[UPDATE] Updated FontAwesome library from 5.8.2 to version 5.9.0 [fontawesome.com].
[UPDATE] Updated TinyMCE from 5.0.6 to version 5.0.7 [tiny.cloud].

[FIX] Breadcrumb not wrapping issue has been fixed. (Thanks to PianoWorld for reporting this bug!)
[FIX] The modern Hop-To Menu (in toolbar above post) and the classic Jump-Box Menu (footer of posts) lists will now truncate titles correctly.
[FIX] CP: Subscription date modifications have been corrected to use proper date formats of "YYYY-MM-DD" rather than relying on language strings, which vary with each language. (Thanks to BlackMale for reporting this bug!)
[FIX] "Remove nofollow in post content links if the link has the main forum url in it" introduced in UBBT759 now works as described.
[FIX] Cleaned up several scripts and templates.
5 102 Read More
UBB.threads 7.7.2 - Progress Report (2019-05-27) isaac 05/27/2019 8:04 AM
Changelog 2019-05-27
[NEW] CP: Features > Lookup Services are now customizable. These helper services are "URL Prefix For User Submitted Location Lookups" and "URL Prefix For IP Address Lookups." These can be customized to best work with your site region, or desired service provider. Leaving the fields blank will return the display of these items to their classic text-only, non-url format.
[NEW] CP: Database Tools > SQL Command page now allows you to edit previously stored queries.
[NEW] CP: Content Rebuilder can now prune orphaned posts.
[NEW] CP: Content Rebuilder now lists the number of pruned items when rebuilding orphaned private messages or orphaned posts.

[UPDATE] Post List has been updated to show more post details on mobile layout.
[UPDATE] Active Topics has been updated to clean up its presentation and be consistent with the portal's post layout.
[UPDATE] Account Profile editor now checks if a valid formatted email address, password, and if matching confirmations of each are entered, before letting the member save changes.
[UPDATE] New User Sign-up now checks if a login name, display name, valid formatted email address, password, and if matching confirmations of each are entered, before letting the member continue to the next page.
[UPDATE] CP: Database Tools > SQL Command page now displays saved queries exactly as they were entered, complete with new lines and multiple space/tab indentations.
[UPDATE] CP: Database Tools > Information page now displays the Database Engine and Collation used for each table.
[UPDATE] Updated Font Awesome library from 5.8.1 to version 5.8.2.
[UPDATE] Updated jQuery library from 3.4.0 to version 3.4.1.
[UPDATE] Updated Lightbox from 2.10.0 to version 2.11.0.
[UPDATE] Updated TinyMCE from 5.0.3 to version 5.0.6.

[FIX] Validating email address entry will now use a combination of html5 "input type=email" and php filter_var($email, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL). Previously this task was done with regex, which was very messy and did not account for TLD of more than 4 characters. (Thanks to GregSan for reporting this bug!)
[FIX] CP: Member Manager will no longer attempt to perform a GEO-IP lookup on IP addresses from 127.0.0.1 or ::1.
[FIX] CP: Members > Add New Member. Field for password is now a password type so Its entry will be hidden as it is entered.
[FIX] Fetch IP library has been updated to resolve an issue where many of your site visitors could be detected as having the same IP address, due to your website being setup [by your webhost] with a proxy IP address the same as your server IP address. (Big thanks to Gizmo for his continued testing and updating of this library!)
[FIX] Inline Moderation: Moving topics from one forum to another, and leaving a pointer to the old location, now works as expected. (Thanks to BlackMale for reporting this bug!) The link to the new post location is now fixed and works as expected.
[FIX] Active Topics will now use blank.gif when displaying a post without a post icon.
[FIX] Search code has been updated to avoid some common boolean search errors.
[FIX] Fixed "Display Avatars With Posts" setting for member accounts and forum member default settings. All variations of author avatars can now be toggled off.
[FIX] Cleaned up several scripts and templates.
0 94 Read More
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with, and recommend, the following Web Hosts:
· Stable Host
· Blue Host
· Interserver.net
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
jgeoff
jgeoff
NJ
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics