UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dalar Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 05/21/2002 7:06 AM
The attached file has code which adds the ability for users to post "spoiler" information and keep the text hidden from those who do not wish to be spoiled. Those who want to read it simply drag their mouse over the text. The tags are
to open and
to close. The text is within a table, and these modifications include measures to prevent tables going out of whack because of a forgotten [/spoiler] tag or two.

This is one function that goes under the "I can't believe it's not in UBBThreads yet", heh Really should be added to the next release.. several other forums out there support it

An example

Attached File
Posted By: Dalar Re: Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 05/21/2002 8:52 AM
Oops.. new version attached here, was missing a couple important things =D

Attached File
Posted By: Gardener Re: Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 05/21/2002 3:41 PM
The spoiler code looks great, would you mind if I stole it and put into my AddMarkups-hack?
Posted By: Dalar Re: Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 05/21/2002 7:19 PM
go right ahead
Posted By: Gardener Re: Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 05/21/2002 7:55 PM
Okey, thanks, I'll add it soon. Don't know how I'll do with the extra handling you have added, but I'll think of something, I hope. =]
Posted By: Dalar Re: Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 05/21/2002 8:04 PM
If you have any q's, feel free to ask
Posted By: xeney Re: Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 09/02/2002 9:10 AM
A warning: I just implemented this today (and thank you, I've been looking for it and I'm very glad to have it) and immediately got complaints from some users that they could see the hidden text. They were all using older versions of Netscape -- I tested it with 4.5 and I know it wouldn't work at all in Netscape 3 (no stylesheet support), so I assume they must have been using 4.0 or thereabouts.

I had to modify the code to set the background color of the table cell to white, and changed the font color to white with HTML, bypassing style sheets altogether. It's nowhere near as nice as the version you came up with, since it shows up white on all style sheets, but it works for just about anyone, including people using non-CSS compatible browsers.
Posted By: Joe Siegler Re: Spoiler tag add-on for UBB Code (v5/v6) - 11/05/2004 12:17 AM
Bump. I tried using this today. Works fine.

But Mozilla based browsers can see the text.

Any ideas?
Figured it out - Mozilla based browsers have to dump their cache for this to work right. I presume because it's not properly picking up the revised css file.
© UBB.Developers