Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
...registration? It seems like something that should be a part of Threads anyways. I know they do this in vBulletin. I like it because it gives people a chance right away to edit their profile and tell us more about themselves.

It would also be useful to see (I think) which new users are actual people and not just bots that crawl the web.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Not a preset mod. It's been discussed here a bunch, and I've implimented it on alot of sites. But everything's so site specific as to what fields they wanted included, it's not something I've been able to write up.

You basically add the fields to the new user page templates, then have adduser.php perform the necessary checks (same as in changebasic.php) and then add the stuff to the database. But what you need to do do has to do alot with what fields you want to collect.

donJulio,

JoshPet set me up with a custom "New User" page and it works great. You can check it out Here

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Thanks for the answers. I felt that it could be done with cutting and pasting parts of changebasic.php into adduser.php and doing the same thing with the templates. I may give this a go myself.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63