Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker
Thanks for this great site!
I just upgraded (changed) from "Classic" to "Threads". There are quite a few changes that I didn't expect that were on the Classic and not the Threads. I do realize this was *not* an upgrade, but a different type program...well I took the chance...The changes I need to make, I am willing to pay for. I used to work for a "e-Classifieds" company ;>), and could do the hacks if they were already written, but wouldn't have any time to do the changes anyway as you can see from my site...
Anyway...here are the changes I need done (most seemed to be avail. in Classic)

1> Members Only. I need it so when they come to the board, they need to be registered. I have tried to make a temp solution for this...you can see this once you go to the Board. Clicking on the link will take you to the front page, but only the guest bood will show up with a small note about registering. I like this, but I would rather have it on the top of the page. If they are registered, the "Not Registered" would not show up.

2> No email addresses listed. I noticed that pretty much that even though I have PM turned off, all email address were readily available to anyone. I tired logging in as a user, and it seemed you could still find out everyone's address (maybe I'm missing something here)

2> PM for moderators and administrators. I would like to make it so the Moderators and administrators can PM anyone (or eachother) they like. I noticed in Threads, once you turn PM off...it is off! I did open a "private" forum for moderators and admin" but could not find where we could PM

You probably ask why...well...my site *is* my business (site came before the business deal), and all visitors to my site are most likely potential customers. If I have another custom painter's email address available on the Board, then of course, I am only advertising for them. I want an "informational" board only with no PM and no email addresses available even to other users.

I *have* search the mods and didn't see anything that would fit the above. Possibly I missed one.
This is one heck-of-a site. Great Job []http://www.customflamepainting.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bounce.gif[/]

I hope I posted this in the right section...I do need these mods done. Any help input, or suggestions are appreciated!!!!

Here is my " Flames Board "
Lots of other changes to come. I just installed threads, and realized that I will need to make the above changes....
Thank You,
Scott Farrell
If you can do the mods, please contact me
[][email protected][/]
Custom Flame Painting

Hey...I bet I'm the first Custom Motorcycle Painter to poster on your board []http://www.customflamepainting.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/peace.gif[/]

Sponsored Links
1> Members Only. I need it so when they come to the board, they need to be registered. I have tried to make a temp solution for this...you can see this once you go to the Board. Clicking on the link will take you to the front page, but only the guest bood will show up with a small note about registering. I like this, but I would rather have it on the top of the page. If they are registered, the "Not Registered" would not show up.

That is easy just make that forum not viewable to users/admins/mods just guests.

Josh's teaser forum mod explains how to do this.

As far as the emails a quick and dirty way to do this would be to CHANGE the following line from the showprofile.tmpl file

<td width="10%" class="darktable">
{$ubbt_lang['TEXT_EMAIL']}
</td>
<td width="40%">
<a href="mailto:$Fakeemail">$Fakeemail</a>

</td>

to this

<td width="10%">
</td>
<td width="40%">
</td>

Addict
Addict
Does the UBB.classic importer still copy the email addresses into the "fakeemail" column? You could clear out all of those with a single query, if you want to:

[6.3.2]

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Fakeemail = NULL

If you run that query, backup your database first.

Dave's way works as well. and requires no hacking just clearing of a table.

If you want no email showing to a user or an empty email field showing then you can remove the field as I described above.

Lurker
Lurker
Thanks Chuck,
I'll check out the teaser forum post. I probably did what is mentioned there. Basically I made all forums seen by only registered guests, *except* the guestbook. I tried turning off the Guestbook at the same time as the others(which I didn't even have on for quite a while on the UBB Classic), and it comes up a blank front page (no forums posted). It would be nice if the program could read that if there are no forums turned on for "Guests", that it would shows something like "Members Only". Login or Register here!...just a thought.

Since the Guestbook is the only forum turned on. I also put a "Login, or Register to see all the forums!" in the Descriptionof that forum...would be nice if that would turn *off* once users are logged in.

easy change on the email....

Thanks for the help!!!

Scott

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63