Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#217218 05/27/2002 8:01 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I need a possibility to switch the user rating completely off.

I see good reasons to accept thread ratings, but user ratings can mean nothing but trouble to an online community like ours. The "value" of a person or it's postings should not be judged by the blind masses. I fear to stop critical voices that are the needed salt in discussions here..
And also many people would take ratings to serious, especial the young ones. Ratings would be like school and the board should be fun.

Of course I can (and will!!!!) hack the rating info out for our board, but I feel that this is such an important question, whether to allow ratings or not, that this should be selectable by the admin configs.

Greetings

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Actualy, you will need to edit the templates to remove all refferences of the ratings code. Or, as Rick has once said, you could comment the code out so that it is still pressent for future use if needed. :)

Here is a link to an older discussion:
https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=suggestions&Number=45976&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Rick stated -

You are right Mateo. This one isn't an on/off setting for that exact reason. Same for the moderator column on the main display. For the templates to be as clean as possible these will require a template edit.

For those worried about maybe removing something and forgetting what to put in later if they want to turn it on there is an easy way to do this. You can just surround the block you want to remove with HTML comment tags, so that portion of HTML won't get displayed. Then if you decide you want to turn it back on, you can just remove the html comments.

Looks like ubbcode is disabled... crazy

hmm, says UBBCode is enabled...

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I think Allen changed it over.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63