Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#64706 09/07/2000 7:16 PM
Deb
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
My mouse just died! *sigh* Ya know.. you treat them right... clean them when they need it, play with them and never ignore them. Their wheel gets lots of attention and they seem to be doing well then BANGO... they just die on ya. It stinks. Does anyone have any tips to fix it or make them last longer?

- Deb
Sponsored Links
I have one over 7 years old that is still going >:0) Not sure what ya can do to make em last longer, but I musta done it, heeh

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians

Whoa 7 years..that's good, right now me and my mouse is heading over to our 4th year....
[Linked Image]

------------------
Quality Pages designing the world professional web pages for affordable prices.

Deb
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Hmmm.. you both must have charmed mice! You're lucky... 7 and 4 years.... man, I'm doing something wrong. Bummer

Oh, and I don't buy cheapo's either.

- Deb
BNZ Offline
Deb just dont buy a Logitech cordless...it eats batteries and only works 3/4 of the time.
I just went and spent 70.00 for a MS Explorer with the Intelle Eye instead of a mouse ball.....so far it is VERY smooth and works flawlessly.
Hmm BTW your buttons look good in Netscape I could never get that hack to work in Netscape[Linked Image]

BNZ
Can't code for **** but I try!!
Sponsored Links
I think you should all buy Apple Pro Mouses

------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Garrett Nelson, Webmaster, Cognition
"If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off."

We're on our second mouse, and we haven't even had our computer for two years yet. Just between you and me, I think if the old one is cleaned correctly it will do fine. I have a logitech.

And speaking of hardware...
This new I have keyboard is gnarly. Its a microsoft internet pro (or something along those lines). It has a bunch of quick keys for the CD player, internet explorer (maybe netscape too), and some other cool stuff. And it has usb ports, two of them. That will come in handy for the joystick I better get for my birthday. Most importantly, the space bar doesnt stick on this one.

------------------
-david
drive boy dog boy dirty numb angel boy in the doorway boy she was a lipstick boy she was a beautiful boy and tears boy and all in your innerspace boy you had hands girl boy and steel boy you had chemicals boy ive grown so close to you boy and you just groan boy she said comeover comeover she smiled at you boy. let your feelings slip boy but never your mask boy random blonde bio high density rhythm blonde boy blonde country blonde high density you are my drug boy youre real boy speak to me and boy dog dirty numb cracking boy you get wet boy big big time boy acid bear boy babes and babes and babes and babes and babes and remembering nothing boy. you like my tin horn boy and get wet like an angel. derail. you got a velvet mouth youre so succulent and beautiful shimmering and dirty wonderful and hot times on your telephone line and god and everything on your telephone and in walk an angel. and look at me your mom squatting pissed in a tube hole at tottenham court road i just come out of the ship talking to the most blonde i ever met. shouting lager lager lager lager shouting lager lager lager lager shouting lager lager lager shouting mega mega white thing mega mega white thing mega mega white thing mega mega shouting lager lager lager lager mega mega white thing mega mega white thing so many things to see and do in the tube hole true blonde going back to romford mega mega mega going back to romford hi mom are you having fun and now are you on your way to a new tension headache.

Deb
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I'm considering the MS Intelle Eye... I think it might be the answer. (but I have to admit, I hate the idea of having to actually FEED da mouse... ummm... batteries that is. [Linked Image] )

EE... I have an ergonomic MS keyboard now... and love it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles though... strangely enough, quite a few of the letters on the keys are fading away.

- Deb
Bah, go with the cheap keyboards >:0) Got min for free($10 - rebate) and it works fine. MY last one(my old comp -- 7 yrs ago) still works and was a cheap one as wel..

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians

Deb
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
So you don't like the curves Atom? [Linked Image]

If I ever need another keyboard... I'll keep a cheapo in mind.. but they tend to be a little noisy doncha think?

- Deb
Sponsored Links
Not all cheapos are all that noisey. I've got an old keyboard on my second computer, that cost me about $10, and it hardly makes a sound! Curves are good, but I don't know, they seeem to take awhile to get use to..At least for me they do
[Linked Image]

------------------

Member / CodeFixer
Member / CodeFixer
Well the biggest lessons i have learned is..

1. Smashing your mouse many times against your desk does not help debugging

2. Throwing your mouse when it does not work the way you want it does not help either...

3. Oh and punching the monitor just hurts you.

------------------
Peace Out,
DJLunacy
www.mp3.com/voi

Addict
Addict
Me personally, I use the MS Intellimouse. Two button with a third "wheel" it works day in day out.. I got about 2 years out of the last one... A little cheese, and keeping the cat away helps too..

------------------

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Deb
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Pyros, trust me the curves will grow on you.

DJLunacy... ugh, they must make quite a mess when you smash um and throw them around.

C_P... uh-ohhhhh... I forgot about the darn cat! [Linked Image]

- Deb
yeah, cats really kill mice (and keyboards). we have 4 cats. we're on our second mouse and keyboard.

------------------
-david
I wish the milkman would deliver my milk.
In the morning.

*lol*
I'm remember one of my friends had a cat who really didn't go weel with the computer. The cat just loved sleeping on the keyboard, and following around with the mouse.
[Linked Image]

------------------

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
I recommend:

Logitech stadnard mice (~10 years)
Logitech cordless (coming up to a year)
Cheap mitsumi keyboards (~6 years)
Apple G4B optical mouse (mmmm)
Apple G4B keyboard (cable could be longer...)

I don't recommend:

Microsoft Intellimouse (~a day)
Dell AT102W server keyboard (CLICK CLICK CLICK)
Apple G3/G4A/iMacA/iMacB mouse (too small)
Apple G3/G4A/iMacA/iMacB keyboard (keys too small, letters rub off)

Just a thought [Linked Image]

------------------
http://www.iamcal.com

quote:
I'm using one and it's lasted for about 1 1/2 years already, no problems...

------------------
John Miller

E-mail: johnmillerjr@home.com
AIM: John Miller 2004
YAHOO: johnmiller2004
MSN: johnmillerjr

I agree wholeheartedly that the new Apple keyboards/mice are awesome (BTW they don't just come with the G4's, they come with any shipping desktop Mac)

------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Garrett Nelson, Webmaster, Cognition
"If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off."

Deb
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I'm using my backup now.. it's a Logitech Mouse and hopefully it will outlast the previous one. I'm going to keep the cat away and feed it a nice piece of cheese every now and then. Hopefully it won't bite me or the dust. [Linked Image]

- Deb

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849